Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React (26750 Views)

Biodun Fatoyinbo Spotted At Shiloh 2020, Nigerians React (video) / Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter / Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
TimeMachine:
Solomon is overrated please.

Of all his wisdom, can he write a line of code ?

But to manage 1000 slay queens no be beans.
grin grin grin
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by honestivo(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
Be bold about your atheism
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by shox(m): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
To be honest I really don't understand the topic...
You don't like reading the Bible, who cares

Well if I have the opportunity like Solomon, I would have chosen wisdom too grin grin
Imagine, having the knowledge to do all things kiss kiss kiss
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by okpeman: 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2018
What would a leader like Solomon asked for if not the wisdom to rule his subjects. Remember Solomon was not a scientist but a king. Wisdom is profitable to a man.
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by Mariangeles(f): 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2018
Biggaboi:
angry
What's this rubbish about? I've never seen such a stupid post before... and it's even about God's Holy Book! Must every idiotic post by just about any fool trying to trend get on FP here?
Just what are we suppose to do with the rantings of someone like this? How does his opinion affect us
You dey mind the desperate mods??
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by lastmessenger: 12:32pm On Aug 08, 2018
If you read the book of ecclesiastics and proverbs and songs of Solomon and relate it to our today's worlds then you will see that Solomons wisdom comes in handy today and even in the generation to come
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 08, 2018
Nigerianblogs:
Chuka a Nigerian Man on Facebook cried out on his Page This Morning revealing his anger with reading the Bible, According to Him, The Specific Verse where Solomon told God to Give Him Wisdom is his major problem, He says he's angry as to why Solomon will ask for only Wisdom after everything he could ask for.
And his post and been causing mixed reactions see below!

From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/08/man-reveals-strange-reasons-why-he.html

700 wives, 300 concubines, even Solomon knows another dude is banging some of his wives.
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by Mariangeles(f): 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
TimeMachine:

If Nigeria's future depended on minds like yours and likers of your comment , the future of Nigeria would be bleak...
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by mankan2k7(m): 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
ode ni bobo yi sha
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by Tobest150(m): 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by baronene(m): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
LosVikingos:
The wisest of them all is Elijah... Who went to heaven without passing the death phase grin
and enoch as well
the first of all
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by Daeylar(f): 12:41pm On Aug 08, 2018
Last last he still didn't tell us the things Solomon could have asked for apart from wisdom.
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by PrincewithGod(m): 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
Run to God for your soul.

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by Enice(m): 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
Don't blame him. He has been indoctrinated by PDP and IPOB. He does not know that with wisdom, wealth and everyother thing comes
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
The title is misleading.

I agree.
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by HotMario: 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Guy what is dis one now ehn
Of all the matter wey dey ground na weytin u see post be this angry
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by lexy2014: 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
Mariangeles:
If only the poster of that nonsense had common sense, he'd realize that in wisdom lies everything you'd ever need to thrive in life .

Only the wise know the true value of wisdom!
d guy isn't say saying wisdom is bad. He is only saying he is disappointed d way Solomon used d wisdom he asked for
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by lexy2014: 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2018
Tobest150:
See the *shit u wrote because of lack of wisdom
Foolish and senseless lazy Nigerian

No go find job
seems u didn't get d import of d guys essay. He didn't say wisdom is wrong. He only said despite Solomons wisdom he didn't end up 2 well. What's d wisdom in having 700wives&300concubines that eventually led to his downfall
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by lexy2014: 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2018
okpeman:
What would a leader like Solomon asked for if not the wisdom to rule his subjects. Remember Solomon was not a scientist but a king. Wisdom is profitable to a man.
with all his wisdom, he married 700wives& 300 concubines that led to his downfall
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by doclatom(m): 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
Wisdom is different from knowledge. All of you dumbass equating the two are to be pitied, not Solomon. A man had 1000 women under his roof and he never died of food poisoning or stress-related illness, you think dullard Buhari can manage that? Solomon wrote the books of Proverbs(full of wise sayings) and Songs of Solomon(poetic book), you think Wọle Soyinka can match that? This man was adjudged to be so rich they slaughter nothing less than 5000 cows in his palace(do you know what that translates to in modern wealth evaluation?) daily. Yet he said ALL IS VANITY. It takes wisdom to realise that. He was so wise and suave he practically achieved peace with all his dangerous neighboring countries simply by discussing and rubbing minds with them(diplomacy) and those ones even ended up paying him taxes and homage. You think that's not a product of wisdom? There's difference between being knowledgeable, being wise, and even being smart! You can be smart but not wise!
That guy saying he's disappointed in Solomon is actually the fool. Bible says seek for wisdom for her value is above all gems. The Bible qualifies wisdom as "she". Bible says, "seek her, marry her, caress her". The guy was trying to be smart but you'll see that he's so lacking in inner perception which only wisdom helps you sharpen.
Solomon wisdom was so famous even queen Sheba couldn't resist the allure (a queen that had hitherto played hard-to-get with every man on Earth!
Abeg, leave Solo alone o. He's way way above you!

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by TOSIN116: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
Dearlord:
Hmm! am beginning to wonder what would have happened if Solomon has asked to be like Him
If God knew he asked this then He wouldn't have asked him in the first place.
or To live forever?

Solomon could be living forever in some bottomless pit ;-)
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by 0temSapien: 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2018
Socrates na baba where Solomon dey. Hypatia is right @ Realmindz
Hypatia 1:10-11
10. Who is Solomon where there is Socrates? One of them says that the fear of the god of Judah is the beginning of wisdom, but the other says that the fearlessness of any form of gods is the beginning of wisdom.
11. Great thinkers do not fear the gods and they are wise. For the wisdom of Socrates are studied in every school, but where is the wisdom of Solomon applied except in religious knowledge?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by mbos: 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
TimeMachine:

wisdom is not intelligence

wisdom is always trillions of time greater than intelligence

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by Horus(m): 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
Dont read the bible

Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by Seandisputed(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
aliumik:
There is nothing as powerful as the word of God.If u dont consume it daily(remember man shall not leave by bread alone but by every word that proceeded from the mouth of God),u r bound to be spiritually weak.There was a time i was reading not less than 10 chapters of the Bible daily and whenever they want to feed me in the dream,something will just happen and i will wake up,but it was not so before i started reading the ten chapters.Any christian that does not read the bible daily is not complete.
You are one of the problems we have in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by hopefulLandlord: 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
mbos:

wisdom is not intelligence

wisdom is always trillions of time greater than intelligence

what did mythical Solomon invent with all his "wisdom greater than intelligence" he had?

I mean for someone with great wisdom knowledge and understanding he seemed not to use those to create things that would make life easier for his people like developing airplane, inventing telephones, creating medicinal things amongst others. All he did was amass wealth and women like he were just another fool. infact the only recorded example of his Almighty intelligence is simply him applying common sense into tricking the bad mother to indirectly tell she's not the real mother of a baby. a trick so common sense that those women must've been dumb not to have seen through it

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by hopefulLandlord: 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
doclatom:
Wisdom is different from knowledge. All of you dumbass equating the two are to be pitied, not Solomon. A man had 1000 women under his roof and he never died of food poisoning or stress-related illness, you think dullard Buhari can manage that? Solomon wrote the books of Proverbs(full of wise sayings) and Songs of Solomon(poetic book), you think Wọle Soyinka can match that? This man was adjudged to be so rich they slaughter nothing less than 5000 cows in his palace(do you know what that translates to in modern wealth evaluation?) daily. Yet he said ALL IS VANITY. It takes wisdom to realise that. He was so wise and suave he practically achieved peace with all his dangerous neighboring countries simply by discussing and rubbing minds with them(diplomacy) and those ones even ended up paying him taxes and homage. You think that's not a product of wisdom? There's difference between being knowledgeable, being wise, and even being smart! You can be smart but not wise!
That guy saying he's disappointed in Solomon is actually the fool. Bible says seek for wisdom for her value is above all gems. The Bible qualifies wisdom as "she". Bible says, "seek her, marry her, caress her". The guy was trying to be smart but you'll see that he's so lacking in inner perception which only wisdom helps you sharpen.
Solomon wisdom was so famous even queen Sheba couldn't resist the allure (a queen that had hitherto played hard-to-get with every man on Earth!
Abeg, leave Solo alone o. He's way way above you!

What did he invent with all his wisdom knowledge and understanding?

2 Likes

Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by aliumik: 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2018
Seandisputed:

You are one of the problems we have in Nigeria.
Though u r entitled to ur opinion,I`m not one of Nigeria`s problems.People like u who does not mind their business but throw tantrum unnecessarily are.If u dont believe the power of the Bible,leave it for those who r benefiting immensely from reading the word of God.
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by jessikoholic: 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
someone that was a King and had everything at his disposal... He was wise to ask for wisdom. He equally had the knowledge of life, animals and plants and how they worked (1 kings 4: 33) and so other kings would visit with numerous gifts to hear from him. P. S Your modern scientists were somewhat successful because of pre-existing (no matter how little) knowledge.
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by LastDays777: 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2018
aliumik:
There is nothing as powerful as the word of God.If u dont consume it daily( remember man shall not leave by bread alone but by every word that proceeded from the mouth of God ),u r bound to be spiritually weak.There was a time i was reading not less than 10 chapters of the Bible daily and whenever they want to feed me in the dream,something will just happen and i will wake up,but it was not so before i started reading the ten chapters.Any christian that does not read the bible daily is not complete.

Yes. I play audio Bible passages when sleeping. Sometimes I find myself smiling at the middle of the night or when I wake up.

It's food for the soul. Do this constantly and you will see how you will hate most wordly things

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by LastDays777: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
honestivo:
Be bold about your atheism

Lol, I think that's the point he was trying to make.
Re: Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2018
Mariangeles:
If Nigeria's future depended on minds like yours and likers of your comment , the future of Nigeria would be bleak...

Does Nigeria have a future ? Hahahahahahaa

Stop wasting your hopes. Get a Cotonou Passport while you can. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa / Benny Hinn In Abuja For Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Christ Embassy Crusade (Photos) / Daniel Olukoya, MFM General Overseer, Becomes A Professor Of Biotechnology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.