Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? (7813 Views)

See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. / Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:30am On Sep 01, 2019
It's working for me. Try it out!

Yesterday was the first time ever I was able to rebuke sin(satan’s temptation) and it vanished immediately. It used to take time to vanish or may never vanish atall but yesterday was totally different.

9 Likes

Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by kappotube123: 8:53am On Sep 01, 2019
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Authority1o1(m): 8:54am On Sep 01, 2019
Those may help,but are not exclusively the basis of living a sinless life.
It may have worked for Op but may not work for others.The grievous mistake people make today is to tell infant believers(christians actually) to fast,pray and read bible.To be candid with my humble self,85% of sinners who wish to repent may not be able to live a holy life through this process.

So what's my suggestions:
Christians and everyone who desires to experience light(jesus christ) should surrender their life to God through Jesus and with the help of Holy Spirit. Then strive hard to attain a significant level of self-restraint.With self control one can overcome certain sins because they are significantly in control of their actions.A frequent masturbator would gladly reach for his dickson to relieve some urges,but would not do that if he has given his life to God and apply self caution.
A klepto who has decided not to steal would overcome with prayer and self control.

Don't get me wrong,the above listed by the op are right but are too advanced to be used by a sinner.
Remember,Jesus lives forever.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 01, 2019
Rubbish
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Emekuslala1: 8:58am On Sep 01, 2019
I dont understand the topic
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Surface11(m): 8:58am On Sep 01, 2019
Ausrichie:
Rubbish

JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJuly[s][/s]August
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 01, 2019
Surface11:

January February March April May June July August [left][/left]
What's your point
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by oluwasegun007(m): 9:00am On Sep 01, 2019
God help us all...
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Premiumwriter: 9:01am On Sep 01, 2019
They just made an advertising ground for them airtime scammer
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by ednut1(m): 9:04am On Sep 01, 2019
undecided

1 Like

Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Hakeem12(m): 9:04am On Sep 01, 2019
No man has ever told the truth about heaven and hell, for no man knows.

Reading the bible is what makes you a Christian, understanding the bible makes you an atheist.

2 Likes

Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by NwaAmichi: 9:05am On Sep 01, 2019
Whoever brought this to FP just wanted to mock Christianity. I hope you've gotten what you wanted? Stupid
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by emmabest2000(m): 9:07am On Sep 01, 2019
What kind of bias is this ?
Christian threads are open for all while Muslim threads are open for Muslim’s alone ... Hmmmm

Happy new month and pleasant Sunday to us all !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Truefaith: 9:07am On Sep 01, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible OPEN at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by ugwuishi(m): 9:10am On Sep 01, 2019
True talk and may God bless you for that.

Reading and studying the Word of transforms your perception and reorganizes you life/world...
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Tomide007: 9:10am On Sep 01, 2019
Being sober is not a secret to less sin...kindly delete
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by olujosh301(m): 9:18am On Sep 01, 2019
Hakeem12:
We are all deceived by those who claim to speak on behalf of the creator.
No man speaks for him, for His voice is the sky, the water, and the flow of the world.
No man has ever told the truth about God, for no man can ever know.

Reading the bible is what makes you a Christian, understanding the bible makes you an atheist.

It shows you know little about the Bible
If no man speaks for God
What would you say about prophets , Disciples etc. And other men and women God used in the as an intermediary

1 Like

Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2019
Seun lalasticlala, see a so called Christian post with lots of heresies, no single Bible verse, you allow anyone to post rubbish and call it Christian post, you are creating enmity and discrimination, this is time bomb.

1 Like

Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by koyeni(m): 9:25am On Sep 01, 2019
True
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Authority1o1(m): 9:25am On Sep 01, 2019
Hakeem12:
We are all deceived by those who claim to speak on behalf of the creator.
No man speaks for him, for His voice is the sky, the water, and the flow of the world.
No man has ever told the truth about God, for no man can ever know.

Okay...

For your mind now you don make a philosophical claim.It's obvious you are shallow in the spirit.well not surprised 'cause you are a muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Hakeem12(m): 9:25am On Sep 01, 2019
olujosh301:

It shows you know little about the Bible
If no man speaks for God
What would you say about prophets , Disciples etc. And other men and women God used in the as an intermediary
And what about the other 4999 religions who claim the same? What makes you think the one you were indoctrinated with is the path to heaven, and those mentioned there really communicated with God?
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Hakeem12(m): 9:26am On Sep 01, 2019
Authority1o1:

For your mind now you don make a philosophical claim.It's obvious you are shallow in the spirit.well not surprised 'cause you are a muslim.
Lol, I'm not a Muslim, I was a Christian though. Thank you
Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 01, 2019
Hakeem12:

What evidence do you have that no man has ever told the truth about heaven & earth ?

1 Like

Re: Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 01, 2019
Hakeem12:
Lol, I'm not a Muslim, I was a Christian though. Thank you
You were never for once a Christian!
That you're born into a Bible believing & church going household don't make you a Christian ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Making Love To 2 Church Members As Choir Sings / Rccg Special Holy Ghost Service Live / Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.