Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,756 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

"I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege (53657 Views)

Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa / We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina / Results From Buhari's Daura Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Limitednow: 11:30am On Aug 08, 2018
THE response of sacked Director-General of the Department of State Services (DSS), Lawal Daura, to Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, might be responsible for his removal.

Masked DSS operatives early Tuesday morning prevented lawmakers from accessing the National Assembly for several hours.

The widespread media attention and outrage from Nigerians, as well as attempts by furious lawmakers to break into the premises, forced the security agents to grant access to the parliament.

Limitedly, the access was only granted to serving lawmakers. All other members of staff at the National Assembly, as well as journalists and other independent observers were denied entry.

The siege lasted until late afternoon when DSS operatives stood down after receiving reports that Acting President Yemi Osinbajo did not authorise the deployment and had fired the director-general of the secret police, Lawal Daura, as a consequence.

Presidential sources has disclosed events that led to Daura’s removal. Quoted by Premium Times, the sources disclosed that Osinbajo communicated his action to his principal, President Muhammadu Buhari before going public with the announcement but this was after the SSS boss was placed as a suspected mole in the security agency.

Although his activities suggests Daura was taking directives from Buhari, who appointed him, he is lately been suspected to be working for Senate President, Bukola Saraki.

“When the siege began, the acting president quickly went to action and was able to gather preliminary information of what was going on after which he invited some of the security chiefs concerned for a briefing,” one of the sources said.

Those invited include the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, who said the siege came as a surprise to him and the former DSS DG, Mr Daura, who is reportedly arrested even though his whereabout at the moment remained unknown.

“When Lawal Daura came in, the acting president asked him who cleared him to order operatives to lay siege on the National Assembly; and his response was ‘shocking’.

“He simply said it’s within his powers and that he is only answerable to the President and Commander-in-Chief who appointed him,” the source said.

After his response, Mr Osinbajo told his media aide, Laolu Akande, to immediately issue a statement announcing the sack of Mr Daura.

“The acting president also asked the National Security Adviser to hand over the sacked DG to the police for further investigation,” the source added.

Some Nigerians have said the presidency was using Daura as a scapegoat because the government plan to oust Saraki has failed.

Some are of the opinion that there was no way the sacked DSS DG who is the cousin of the president could turn around and betray his principal working for Saraki. This position was also corroborated by the PDP who asked Osinbajo to “shed the idea of using” the sacked Director General of the Department of Services, Lawal Daura as “the fall guy” for Tuesday’s invasion of the National Assembly by security forces.

The opposition party maintained that the siege was with the “absolute knowledge and approval of President Muhammadu Buhari, Vice President Osinbajo, and the All Progressives Congress (APC).”

Also, the APC has accused Mr Saraki of masterminding the drama that transpired at the parliament yesterday.

https://www.headlineng.com/answerable-buhari-daura-osinbajo-nass-siege/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by SolutionMee: 11:34am On Aug 08, 2018
This bullshit is deep

I seem not to comprehend this contradicting news

Whatever happens in the camp of the enemy is non of my business

The smiles on Saraki's face alone guarantee an eternal joy

145 Likes 13 Shares

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Limitednow: 11:35am On Aug 08, 2018
grin

Who is the Acting President? Lawal aks Osinbajo

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Donald95(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2018
grin

“When Lawal Daura came in, the acting president asked him who cleared him to order operatives to lay siege on the National Assembly; and his response was ‘shocking’.

“He simply said it’s within his powers and that he is only answerable to the President and Commander-in-Chief who appointed him,” the source said.

Expect this whenever you vote illiterates that doesn't understand hierarchy of power in government.

Pastor Professor is surrounded by Muslim illiterates I wonder how Nigerians think they will respect this VP.

Lawal Daura is not missing but rather he is under house arrest to prevent him from spilling the beans to the public on the game this Buhari government is playing with his name on the wrong side

170 Likes 13 Shares

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by magoo10(m): 11:42am On Aug 08, 2018
It is practically impossible for daura dss to take seige on the national assembly without the order or permission of an high ranking commanding officer such as the president or acting president.

Buhari the unrepentant tyrant and destroyer of democracy is aware of the failed civilian coup.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Ojiofor: 11:47am On Aug 08, 2018
And the drama continues.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Mynd44: 11:47am On Aug 08, 2018
Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Limitednow: 11:52am On Aug 08, 2018
Really
Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by swagagolic01(m): 11:59am On Aug 08, 2018
For those useless buhari cows saying daura was working for saraki, please tell me what can saraki offer to the DG of DSS for him to betray his own blood?? Is it money? The DG can easily blackmail high profile criminals to get enough of it... the only sensible buhari � here just please reply me..

Cc
Passingshot

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Factfinder1(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2018
Imagine the kind of government we have

4 Likes

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by nkul: 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
e don happen!!

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by evansjeff(m): 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
What has happened to Nairaland? Gone are the glory days, it is now the dumping ground for fake and unverified news.

It is only on Nairaland you see tweets of people like Reno and FFK making headlines whereas you watch TV, listen to radio,read newspapers, go to other online mediums and you won't even know those people exist.

Yesterday was the height of it, the front page of Nairaland was littered with tweets from these folks, from the story of APC senators entering into the national assembly from the back door, to them moving to Sheraton, to Oshiomhole's house and then one list from PDP senators undecided all these were only seen on Nairaland and no where else.

Seun something must be done about this else this platform goes to the dust. Some of your mods are compromised already. What's so difficult in verifying the facts before posting to front page?

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Yinxies(f): 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
Ok
Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Naijawebmaster: 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
We don't want to know, we don't care! Y'all keep using Nigerians to play politics for your selfish interest.

We want 24 hrs power, good roads, better health services, better education! Gosh! Is it too much to ask for?

I blame gullible Nigerians for supporting either or both parties. They are all the same!

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by socialmediaman: 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Josh44s(m): 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
Democracy is dead in Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by HotMario: 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
Imagine Buhari coming back to reinstate Daura

12 Likes

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Racoon(m): 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
"When Lawal Daura came in, the acting president asked him who cleared him to order operatives to lay siege on the National Assembly; and his response was ‘shocking’.

Guy seem to have forgotten there is always a constitutional second in command. grin grin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Bizibi(m): 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
Osibanjo proooovoke!!¡!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Cholls(m): 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
Ojiofor:
And the drama continues.
my brother drama

1 Like

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Firefire(m): 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2018
haaaaaaaaaaaaa grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Lordave: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2018
Premium Times are still hanging on “Lawal is working for Saraki” like their pay and existence depends on this falsehood they are forcing down our throats.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by potoX: 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2018
Donald95:
grin

Expect this whenever you vote illiterates that doesn't understand hierarchy of power in government.

Pastor Professor is surrounded by Muslim illiterates I wonder how Nigerians think they will respect this VP.

Lawal Daura is not missing but rather he is under house arrest to prevent him from spilling the beans to the public on the game this Buhari government is playing with his name on the wrong side
This is how IPOB miscreants reason. Very dumb

5 Likes

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by DWJOBScom(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2018
Donald95:
grin

I was going to say it before you
It’s not fair o

It’s a card game to fix all the mess APC and the President has brought upon this nation.

While the VIce President is proving he’s more than a stamp pad to the President

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by fallout87: 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2018
HotMario:
Imagine Buhari coming back to reinstate Daura

He will try it, just wait and see.

Then they will soon another propaganda on why and how he can do it.

When he fails he will appoint another family member or close northern associate.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Truckpusher(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2018
magoo10:
It is practically impossible for daura dss to take seige on the national assembly without the order of an high ranking commanding officer such as the president or acting president.
Presidential handlers and inner kitchen cabinets do take undue advantage of the sitting President and when it plays out well the President takes the Glory but when it backfires you bear the brunt. This is what happens in the corridors of power when people feel protected by the powers that be.

He’s been used as a scape goat and him mumu dun clear . Mr Teamsmitter must be smiling right now for being on the right side of history. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by Diamondbeatz(m): 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2018
This has got to be the biggest sheet I seen in Nija

check out my beats https://bsta.rs/g8917

1 Like

Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by buchilino(m): 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2018
MY PPLE, UNA C Y I HATE POLITICS N POLITICIANS
Re: "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege by RichDad1(m): 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2018
Go and meet in at London na.
Useless saboteur.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chude Has Been Released / Femi Otedola And Dangote Sitting Together At The Inauguration Ceremony (photo) / Suspected IPOB Members Set Trailer Of Cattle Ablaze In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.