Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,006 members, 7,810,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate (11330 Views)

PDP Reacts To Failed Bid To Stop Adeleke's Inauguration, Says Light Must Triumph / Osun 2022: Court Orders INEC, PDP Not To Recognise Ademola Adeleke As Candidate / Atiku Reacts On The Emergence Of Sen. Adeleke As Osun PDP Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by yns4real: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2018
Femi Makinde, Osogbo

An Osun State High Court presided over by Justice David Oladimeji, has dismissed the suit seeking to stop Senator Ademola Adeleke as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the September 22 election.

Justice Oladimeji dismissed the suit in the ruling he delivered on Wednesday.

Two members of the PDP: Rasheed Olabayo and Idowu Oluwaseun had filed a suit seeking an order of the court to stop Adeleke as the candidate of the PDP because he did not have the required educational certificate to contest the poll.

But the judge held that he found out that the first defendant was educated up to secondary school level and that the plaintiffs also admitted this in their affidavit.

He, however, said the documents submitted by Adeleke contained some serious and damaging irregularities but added that the plaintiffs did not raise the issue of forgery in the origination summon and failed to prove that the documents were forged.

https://punchng.com/breaking-court-refuses-to-stop-adeleke-as-osun-pdp-gov-candidate/
Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by bedspread: 11:52am On Aug 08, 2018
Wow.... Amazing!!
This Really Amazes me...

Anyway if Madam Adeosun and Obonla are left to continue in Office, What do you Expect

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by SolutionMee: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2018
He's the best candidate sha

Dancers gat talent

Talent will start speaking in Osun State

The language is alien to me though

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by Johnnyessence(m): 11:55am On Aug 08, 2018
News Flash : Court clear Senator Nurudeen Ademola Adeleke as it affirmed his eligibility to contest governorship election. This is victory for democracy. God will not start what He will not finish. Congratulations to Osun State Electorates. Imole de okunkun parada.Ademola adeleke is a goal.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by Jayboi(m): 11:57am On Aug 08, 2018
where is Bubu's certificate too? A whole president. What have those with big credentials achieved?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by Klamour: 11:58am On Aug 08, 2018
Let the Dancing Continue
Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by Mynd44: 11:58am On Aug 08, 2018
People forget that a WAEC result is not prove that someone did not finish secondary school. A WAEC result just shows the result.

As long as the person cam prove that he/she finished SSS3, even if the person did not write WAEC, he has been adjudged to have finished Secondary school

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by BruncleZuma: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by ibroauthen(m): 11:59am On Aug 08, 2018
Chai
I can't believe this man could be going through all this wàhálà...
All these years he's been dancing, he could have used those precious time to perfect his results.

Well wetin concern me?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by anambraamaka: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2018
Okay
Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by braine(m): 11:59am On Aug 08, 2018
Nice.
Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by Centcanada: 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
Drama ni
Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by deebsman1(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
Olodo man, Nigeria my country, how could we expect amazing result in governance from such a man sad

Money is the only religion we worship in my country.

Person wey no go school, and we don't know him with any trade or skillset, how did he even made his money,so sad am a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by manforgu: 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
Gud decision
Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by richidinho(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
its a victory for democracy
Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by Johnnyessence(m): 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
Mynd44:
People forget that a WAEC result is not prove that someone did not finish secondary school. A WAEC result just shows the result.

As long as the person cam prove that he/she finished SSS3, even if the person did not write WAEC, he has been adjudged to have finished Secondary school
And he is eligible to contest for the governorship seat or any seat in the government.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by Caseless: 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
That court sef.
Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by sureheaven(m): 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2018
Congrats to Osun APC candidate in advance.

PDP shld have produced a better candidate other than the one with questionable character.
Aregbesola has messed up big time in Osun, Adeleke, omisore and other light weight contestant can’t defeat APC.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by Centcanada: 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2018
I had a dream last night that the popularity of this man called DR adeleke will make him won the governorship seat come any day it will hold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by deebsman1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2018
richidinho:
its a victory for democracy

Which democracy, retard... that's you idiots new song...olohun ku suru
Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by AkupeMBANO(m): 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2018
Adeleke is the next governor of osun state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by holluwai(m): 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
Nice development
Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by lezan(m): 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
I think he has not breached any law cause the law says minimum requirement is school certificate...the law was quiet on whether you need to have passed to a certain level in your o’level. This is a constitutional test and it’s time that section of the constitution is looked into and amended to rightly spell out if you need to have certain credits in your o’level to be qualified.
That aside, I think PDP is an embarrassment to itself to present such a candidate...my philosophy is whatsoever is worth doing is worth doing well! If you can’t seat for just o’level and pass to a certain degree, how then does he want to govern a whole state and govern well? That alone should disqualify him. It’s a moral test to himself, his family and his party. Does that mean there are no other more qualified candidates ? This is public ridiculing. I wonder if these politicians have an iota of integrity in them. What has been his contributions in the senate since he joined? These are urgent questions that begged for answers. I wish we will run politics of issues in this side of the world and not na my brother kind of politics that we practice here .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by Bakerdav: 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
Wow congrats this guy will beat apc hands down, that why apc given him prob about cert,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by senatordave1(m): 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2018
AkupeMBANO:
Adeleke is the next governor of osun state
Says someone from imo state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by senatordave1(m): 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2018
Centcanada:
I had a dream last night that the popularity of this man called DR adeleke will make him won the governorship seat come any day it will hold.
As the courts have dismissed him is how the electorates will dismiss him and his dancing.anyway,for pro buharists interested in joining a whatsapp political group,pm me
Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by dabeto: 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
Why didn’t he take advantage of the much talk about Awolowo free education of that time? cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
senatordave1:

As the courts have dismissed him is how the electorates will dismiss him and his dancing.anyway,for pro buharists interested in joining a whatsapp political group,pm me
are you sure you understod the news?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

CNG Decries PDP Zoning Chairmanship To North / 2023 Presidency: Ohanaeze Threatens Boycott Of Polls Over Zoning / Governor El-Rufai Frees 25 Prisoners On Nigeria's 60th Independence Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.