Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

SCAM ALERT- UNCRD Disowns Job Vacancy Circulating Social Media - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SCAM ALERT- UNCRD Disowns Job Vacancy Circulating Social Media (6299 Views)

UNCRD Organisation Job Verification / Scam alert: Quest International Company In Port Harcourt / NNPC Disowns Phoney Recruitment Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SCAM ALERT- UNCRD Disowns Job Vacancy Circulating Social Media by Nuelmatic: 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
I want to bring to the notice of unsuspecting job applicants to a job application which I am currently processing and I did a little research and realized it was a scam.

I came across a job vacancy in a pdf format asking for applicants to forward their cv's to recruiting@un-crd.org. In the pdf, different positions were listed. After sending my cv, I received 2 detailed form of about 8 pages. one contains a form called a P11 form and another with interview questions. After filling and submitting, I received a medical form of 4 pages asking me to visit a general hospital to run some test. Now these tests will cost some money. I am not yet sure if I got a job by just filling some forms, so I decided to do a little research.

I googled "United Nations Centre for regional development" and I saw on the website an announcement denouncing such advert (find attached). Then I decided to check the domain name that has the email address, which is "un-crd.org" and I concluded it was a scam. Now, I am expected to forward the medical form on or before 22 August 2018. Well, I am glad, I haven't spent money for those tests. Maybe because I am a Chartered Accountant and when I want to spend money, my brain starts to work...lol....

lalasticlala
cc:
seun osewa

Re: SCAM ALERT- UNCRD Disowns Job Vacancy Circulating Social Media by adambala09(m): 9:37am On Aug 11, 2018
Thanks. I have also received similar mail but fortunately I didn't respond as they demand.

Re: SCAM ALERT- UNCRD Disowns Job Vacancy Circulating Social Media by zomoears(m): 9:15pm On Mar 08, 2019
@ adambala09
Your comment above refers.
A colleague of mine received a mail similar to the above a few days ago. I was hoping to benefit from your experience.

Did you eventually conduct the medicals? Has there been any feedback since then?
Re: SCAM ALERT- UNCRD Disowns Job Vacancy Circulating Social Media by opomulero2013: 9:26am On Oct 10, 2019
I mailed the original website and this is the respond I got. It is scam.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your message.

Kindly be informed that the job opening you applied for is fake, NOT advertised by the United Nations. There are NO ongoing recruitment processes with us now. We have never sent you any messages related to the recruitment. We have never requested you to fill in and submit documents like interview form, personal history form, medical examination form, etc. UN does not conduct an interview online (including interview form. Kweku Joshua is NOT an employee of UNCRD. E-mail addresses of info.log@un-crd.org, estaff@un-crd.org and humanresources@un-crd.org are NOT ours.

I am afraid that it is a scam.

Best regards,

Hideyo Matsui (Ms)

Administrative Assistant

United Nations Centre for Regional Development (UNCRD)

Nagoya, Japan

Re: SCAM ALERT- UNCRD Disowns Job Vacancy Circulating Social Media by Judolisco(m): 8:21am On Apr 04, 2022
seun dis is front page material dis guy almost scammed me

(1) (Reply)

It Is Finished With Nigeria. Come And See For Yourself / Graduate Recruitment At Reactor Beverages Limited, January 2018 / Production Technician @ Nestle Nigeria Plc, Agbara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.