Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,484 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki (834 Views)

I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties / Why I Want To Be President – Saraki [FULL TEXT] / Senate President Saraki, Arrives Russia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by deantimes(m): 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
BUKOLA Saraki, Senate President, has said he was not going to step down as the Preaident of the Nigerian Senate.

Since his defection to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), from the All Progressive Congress (APC), Saraki has been urged by lawmakers of the ruling party to step down.

The National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, waded in warning Saraki to return the ‘crown’ bestowed upon him by the ruling party.

But reacting on Wednesday when a question was thrown to him at a press conference, the Senate President noted that he was not given the position and there was no way he will return what was not given to him.

“I was not given the Senate President, I was elected into that position,” Saraki told his audience.

Plans by the ruling party to effect a change of leadership at the Senate has always met brick wall. They range from Stolen Mace: House Arrest of principal officers of the chamber and most recently the siege laid at the legislative arm of government yesterday.

https://www.headlineng.com/wont-step-down-saraki/

Lalasticlala
Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by Ezenwammadu(m): 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2018
God bless saraki
Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by bedspread: 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2018
I was not given the Senate President, I was elected into that position,” Saraki told his audience.

Words On Marble

I Respect this man...

Oshimole and the APC caucus, Doff your hats for this Man and Join me in Respecting Him..

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by deantimes(m): 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2018
grin
Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by Baawaa(m): 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
Let us agree that both Saraki and Akpabio are corrupt and thieves, but Saraki was made Senate President through APC while Akapabio was also made Minority leader in PDP, but while the latter was to defect from PDP, he voluntarily resigned from the Minority leader, but the former, despite his conspiracy before he defected to PDP, yet he insisted not to relinquish his position acquired through his former Party.
I think, Akpabio is more honourable than Saraki
Or what do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by Merimental(m): 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2018
d odds on saraki leaving dat position is @ 18.75 odds while dat of d president loosing his seat is currently @ 1.24 odds...bet Wisely
Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by Merimental(m): 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2018
Baawaa:
Let us agree that both Saraki and Akpabio are corrupt and thieves, but Saraki was made Senate President through APC while Akapabio was also made Minority leader in PDP, but while the latter was to defect from PDP, he voluntarily resigned from the Minority leader, but the former, despite his conspiracy before he defected to PDP, yet he insisted not to relinquish his position acquired through his former Party.
Or what do you think?

Akpabios position in d house does not hold much weight like saraki's...so my point is Saraki's position is too Important to be left in d hands of Doom lawmakers of d ruling party becos dey will run dis country underground..
Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by bedspread: 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
[s]
Baawaa:
Or what do you think?
[/s] I THINK YOU DONT UNDERSTAND POLITICS...
Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
All Nigerian politicians are crooks. Stop over hyping this man please.
Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by nwabobo: 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
Baawaa:
Or what do you think?

Is ut that yiu cannot read or you have comprehrnsion issues? The minority leader is d leader of the party with the 2nd highest number of senators while anybody can be elected senate president from among members of the senate irrespective of the party. There is no law requiring that the president of the senate be chosen frim the majority party.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by Babiod: 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
Dont be deceived by this media trial going on,The crop of nigerian politician and politics as of today is full of selfishly minded, power-clasping people at all cost.he has just made up another strategy secretly to dissolve any APC'S attempt to impeach him.In a lighter note,political office holder at both house of rep and Senate are busy making money esp at this crucial mind and we(ordinary nigerians) are busy taking sides.
Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by Baawaa(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
Merimental:

Akpabios position in d house does not hold much weight like saraki's...so my point is Saraki's position is too Important to be left in d hands of Doom lawmakers of d ruling party becos dey will run dis country underground..
bedspread:
[s][/s] I THINK YOU DONT UNDERSTAND POLITICS...
You guys no the right thing but doing it is hard,but for your information Saraki is finished
Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by GOGMIG(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
Baawaa:
Or what do you think?

Since you lack understanding let me educate you. The Senate President is different from Minority or Leader of the Senate.
The senate president is the head of all the senators in the senate, irrespective of the party platform which they rode on to power. The minority leader is the leader of the opposition party in the senate while the majority or leader of the house is the leader of of the party that has the majority of senators. So are you expecting Akpabio leaving the minority party to the acclaimed majority party and still hold that position?

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by Falcaoalih123: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
waiting you sabi..... olosho
Re: Why I Won’t Step Down As Senate President – Saraki by Baawaa(m): 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
GOGMIG:

Since you lack understanding let me educate you. The Senate President is different from Minority or Leader of the Senate.
The senate president is the head of all the senators in the senate, irrespective of the party platform which they rode on to power. The minority leader is the leader of the opposition party in the senate while the majority or leader of the house is the leader of of the party that has the majority of senators. So are you expecting Akpabio leaving the minority party to the acclaimed majority party and still hold that position?
Are you kidding me or what, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You are a crook like your principal, Saraki

(1) (Reply)

Defection Hit Ogun State Assembly As Five Members Left APC, PDP / The Only PDP Rivers Senator Decamp To APC As Amechi Chose Tonye Cole 4 Governor / Apc Rally In Akwa I Bom Ongoing In Support Of Pmb And Sen. John Akpanudoedehe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.