Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,453 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties (40607 Views)

Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan / Kenneth Imasuagbon: I Won’t Step Down For Obaseki, Even In My Dreams / INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Wearing An APC Campaign Cap With Broom Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by ManirBK: 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has said the call for his resignation by the Labour Party (LP) and the People’s Democratic Democratic Party (PDP) is misplaced.

Daily Trust had reported how some parties said they had lost confidence in the ongoing election process over the non-use of electronic transmission of results as stipulated by the Electoral Act.

At a briefing in Abuja, the opposition parties alleged that Saturday’s elections had been manipulated.

But responding through Rotimi Oyekanmi, his Chief Press Secretary, the INEC Chairman, said contrary to the insinuation by both parties, results emanating from the States point to a free, fair and credible process.

The commission also said allegation by Senator Dino Melaye that the INEC Chairman allocated scores to parties is unfounded and irresponsible.

“To be sure, aggrieved parties are free to approach the courts to ventilate their concerns and wait for the matter to be resolved. Making inciting comments capable of causing violence or unrest is unacceptable.

“The 2023 General election processes are in their final stages of completion. It is only fair for aggrieved parties to allow the conclusion of the process and approach the courts with their evidences to pursue their cases

“There are laid down procedures for aggrieved parties or candidates to follow when they are dissatisfied about the outcome of an election. Such procedures do not include calling on the INEC Chairman to resign or for the election to be cancelled.”

https://dailytrust.com/i-wont-step-down-inec-chairman-replies-opposition-parties/?fbclid=IwAR362JwpdiibCWyyouztb19L3RvmnfmtgTGIDjgSjJK0YWTMU6-jg8uPdbU

57 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by ManirBK: 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
I think this is best election so far and the collation process was free fair and credible. The out come of the results has not go against any candidate but fair to them. Imerging Peter Obi won Lagos state, if that should be the case tinubu would have proceed to react over compromise. Inec should proceed and announce Jagaban as the winner period

217 Likes 51 Shares

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by madridguy(m): 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
grin

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by burp18: 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
Losers as always. The elections were free and fair when JEGA declared Jonathan the winner of the 2011 elections and thesame JEGA became an enemy of democracy when he announced Buhari as the winner of 2015 elections .

100 Likes 28 Shares

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by Tissaia(f): 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
I honestly wanted Atiku to win because I pity christians... But they shoot themselves on the foot unfortunately... I'm currently fully beatified in reality. Nobody knows about my crazy support for Atiku. To Family and friends I'm asiwaju supporter, here I'm rooting for PDP.. honestly I pity my Christian friends

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by burp18: 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
Tissaia:
I honestly wanted Atiku to win because I pity christians... But they shoot themselves on the foot unfortunately... I'm currently fully beatified in reality. Nobody knows about my crazy support for Atiku. To Family and friends I'm asiwaju supporter, here I'm rooting for PDP.. honestly I pity my Christian friends
🤔

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by Dafresh: 6:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
Patiently waiting for the final call

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by Godsfrezx: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
Peter Obi

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by money121(m): 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
Better

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by AroleOduduwa2: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
I'm still waiting to see how he spins the 25% required in FCT.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by Winters23: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
shocked
Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
He has not succeeded in scattering everything yet

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by KEVIND: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu always knew they were going to Rig the Election Process but kept deceiving us that our votes will count when there is a plan to make sure our votes don't count

38 Likes

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by thebestprice(m): 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
I advice he steps down .

The news going on about him on all international news media> CNN BBC aljazeera CFI etc is very very negative and embarrassing

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by Rebuke: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
Hahaha. Don't forget there's someone who can step yhu down though.
It's only in Nigeria yhu will see people forcing themselves on the citizens to lead or serve by all means.

FRAUD of a chairman, shame on yhu!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLavlwMZ0Gw

17 Likes

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by jaxxy(m): 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
mahmood u will step down or be sacked if u cannot redeem urself from this national embarrassment.

The world now thinks we are a banana republic.

Modified: After more indepth analysis I have come to the firm conclusion tinubu didn't/Cannot win the election.

25 Likes

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by thebestprice(m): 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
Prof Mahmoud has brought irreversible damage to our electoral process and disgrace to the entire Nigeria

Most international observers have walked away ..they regard the election as notoriously corrupt and fake

17 Likes

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by Moh247: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by metaluterus(f): 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
Something that annoys me with this INEC Chairman is his clean shaved face of deception.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by fastseo: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
You are a disgrace to the name prof and also worst than moris iwu

8 Likes

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by scholarsfunding: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
V
Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by ThiefnubuBandit: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
You will not die well whether you resign or not.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by dataguyz: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
grin
Check my signature for your data analysis and data science project work, assignment in SQL, R, Python, Excel, Tableau and Machine Learning.

👇👇
Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by Omoawoke: 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2023
angry

A Yoruba proverb says; rather than the rat not to eat the porridge, it will rather destroy it and make it inconsumable for others

That’s exactly what the bitter loser of pdp and Lp are doing

Una suppose merge , una no hear word.
Una come lose come dey instigate disruption.

Their plan was clear from beginning.

Step1: spread fake results and escalate the slightest of irregularities to make it seem the whole process is fraud

Step2 : claim rigging when they are clearly losing

Step 3: instigate violence and disruption so rather than accept defeat. Nobody will win
You hear them say: let’s scatter the election, give it to interim government.

They are that bitter

Step 4 : start Biafra or death agitation

Their plan is to set the country on chaos and start a worse version of Endsars

A clear case of if I can’t have it, no one will have it

The security are watching you and your evil plans wont be successful

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by Royalty83(m): 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2023
H
Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by hammerT: 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2023
YOU WILL EITHER GO TO JAIL OR HANG VIA CRANE PUBLICLY.

SINCE ELECTION HAVE BEEN HAPPENING IN THIS COUNTRY WITH ALL THE BALLOT SNASHING AND RIGGGING, NOTHING HAVE HAPPEN SO THEY THINK IT WILL CONTINUE LIKE THAT FOREVER?

THE ONLY THING CONSTANT IN THIS LIFE IS CHANGE.

THEY WILL SEE A NEW CHANGE WITH THIS ELECTION SHOULD THEY RIG IT.

ACCOUNTABILITY, FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.

WE DID NOT SAY YOU SHOULD NOT RIG OR COMMIT FRAUDULENT RESULT, JUST KNOW THAT THIS TIME YOU WILL BE HELD TO ACCOUNT, THANKS TO TECHNOLOGY OF CAMERA AND PVC.

MANY WILL DIE IN PRISON, WHILST OTHERS WILL BE SENTENCED TO DEATH BY HANGING OFF A CRANE SO EVERYBODY CAN SEE THEIR STINKING BODY.

DO THE CRIME, PAY THE PRICE.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2023
Doggedness!

God bless The Independent National Electoral Commission

Great work, and history made!

The best election in the history of Nigeria!

11 Likes

Re: I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties by caandi: 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2023
Dey play mr chairman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others / Buratai Visits Colombian Army Headquarters. (Photos) / Teach Me How You Meandered Back To Senate - Rochas, Lawan In Soft Jibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.