Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

2d Animators Thread. - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 2d Animators Thread. (9953 Views)

To All 3d Animators. / 2d/3d Art Gallery / Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2010
gqeen:

Hi Melvi, great work I had posted a request earlier and the offer is still up, studio address is 3s dali Ltd, 984a saka jojo, off Idejo,Adeola Odeku, Victoria  Island. Please call 08025577755 .

Thanks a lot,ggreen.I called the number yesterday.Are you the nice lady who answered the call?Your studio already sounds awesome.

BTW,does anyone know how one can send a PM to another member here on nairaland?
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by ugo2u(m): 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2010
good job with the frames, although I believe you can do alot better than that though? cmon put some backbone into it and give us a 30 second preview
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 6:17pm On Sep 03, 2010
Thanks,there was a different animation I was working on earlier,if you read from the beginning of the thread,there is an animation I deleted by mistake and I had to restart.I am through with it and its up to 2mins. smiley
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by ugo2u(m): 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2010
cool. waiting to see it online.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2010
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2010
My latest animation in progress.Naruto and Hinata from the Naruto shipudden anime series.Here Naruto is now Hokage with Hinata as his wife watching the sunset.

Re: 2d Animators Thread. by ugo2u(m): 3:03pm On Sep 14, 2010
good work, though there are some flaws, saw your animation, it was good but I expected better, the interpolation was not what i expected and the color theme is not consistent, anyway you are better than me(at the moment). and I am always here to bite your ass as you climb to the top.

about naruto the hair for both of them is off and the sign at the back doesnt make sense (what does it mean?) your shadow transition is too sharp. and the sunset glow is not realistic at all.

see ya as you get better. I am your fan you know so dont dissappoint
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2010
Critics noted.Will definitely look into them.Quite frankly,I was trying out different artstyles thats why in some scenes the colour palette looks different but I have decided to stick to one from now on.One of my friends in the US who is an animator noted I need to add more inbetweens.Now,I think I did make some mistakes with frames in Sony Vegas.I have to go check how I compiled the frames,
As for the naruto one,the shades looks sharp because in anime,the drawing is done in a higher resolution and reduced to the original resolution to make the screenshots look sharp and smooth.2D animation most of the time isn't realistic,anything goes as far as you are getting the message across.The sign on the back,eh, I do need to learn Japanese.If you are familair with the Naruto series,the Hokages have their titles on the back of their overalls.Its written in Japanese.

As for getting better you will get there,just keep practising and I will always be there to stab your hand as you climb to the top.BTW,are you presently learning 2d animation?
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by ugo2u(m): 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2010
nope, am pure 3D baby with photoshop stills, I didnt mean you have to learn japanese, just use google traslator type in the word you want and you have the japanese version that you can use. anyway nice work.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2010
Its just a fan art piece.I am concentrating more on the animation.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by deyg(m): 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2010
melvi 9ce work.i my self i did sometin also bt mine was on flash.u usin ps cs4 is it cool.lata
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2010
Thanks,I am using Photoshop CS3.Its an awesome software in my opinion.I am presently working on a Naruto and Hinata short animation clip.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by iamtjx(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2010
i just watchd ur animatin, it 9ce, im an 18 yr old animator, self taught, just like a few months into this animation, but i have a video toooo, !!!!
chek it out @

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFbrqjN6K7I
yeahhh, tell me what u think,
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2010
Nice work iamtjx.

BTW,I am available for commissions so if anyone is in need of animated website banners/adverts or animated shot clips.Let me know.

Also if there is any studio looking for animators and allow usage of any software as far as its meets production quality.I use Photoshop CS3.Kindly e-mail me:

melviso2@yahoo.com. Pls,no spams.

Presently learning how to animate in HD format.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 03, 2010
i dey shake for here mhen, am not even a newbie, am a wannabe am inpressed, Pls how i can to start, I need someone tp break it down for me and i get some one to trainig to editing and 3d?
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2010
Thanks!

How to get started?Get familiar with a 2d animation software like Flash,or After Effects.I would recommend Photoshop but it has some hurdles and it takes a more traditional approach than the other two but I prefer Photoshop because it encourages creativity and I am familiar with it for drawing and painting.
If you know how to draw and you enjoy drawing and posses a good deal of patience,2d animation isn't hard at all.All you need to do is draw and time your animations.

Goodluck akallalone.

BTW,still available for more commissions.Thank you.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 3:33pm On Nov 03, 2010
New screenshot from the anime I am working on:

http://melviso.deviantart.com/#/d322rkk
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2010
New animationbased on the NARUTO series I finished recently;

http://melviso.deviantart.com/#/d33kp5h

With music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mecK2MGGuRc

Enjoy!!
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by damaroy: 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2011
Guys interested in learning 3d can check out weekly video tutorials from www.damaroyworkshop.com.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 5:23pm On Apr 20, 2011
My new project:13 versus 7 featuring characters from both FFVII and FFXIII.
This is the first trailer.I am working on the second one (already 14 secs animated) showing FFVII characters.

Watch Trailer;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gPRqb-UDC0

Kindly tell me what u think.Hope u all like it.
Cheers.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by OKX(m): 12:11am On Apr 22, 2011
kool
how come theres a strong wind in all ur animations?

i think uve gotten d hang of that particular effect, why dont u ease up on it n work on other aspects.
i may be wrong, but its kinda the first thing that leaps out in all ur samples ive seen so far.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by xothermik(m): 3:33am On Apr 22, 2011
OKX:

kool
how come theres a strong wind in all your animations?

lol melvi loves flowing hair. in fact its so prominent in his work that who knows maybe one day we'll be saying "give the hair more melvi"
visible improvement. i just think you should work on using construction shapes when animating more. the help in preserving volume when rotating masses that way you wont get much of the squishing and stretching of characters when they turn.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 3:52pm On Apr 22, 2011
You guys seem to forget there is cloth movement as well.I do agree there is a lot of wind movement in my animations and I think I should dull it down.When I animate,I always feel there should be some sort of movement,even when I showing a camera shot or scenario and damn, is it time consuming.I think I am gonna chop down on wind.Hen, he.

Is just this particular scene,there is bound to be wind and Final Fantasy games especially their scenes,there is always free flowing hair and cloth movement.Advent Children for example.

In a lot of animes,hair and clothes movements are used to keep a camera cut interesting or to keep the eye busy or else it will come across as lazy or boring.
@xothermik
Yeah, I am really working on that,trying to maintain volume and shape across frames.I think that's something you start to perfect after getting animation principles down like how to create movements across frames at a particular frame rate and how may frames you need to make a movement fast or slow.

Working on a new animation.I am using Flash CS5.There is wind movement but really mild.I must say Flash is awesome.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 4:44pm On May 22, 2011
New animation I did 2 weeks ago.There are some wobbly movements.That won't be happening next time.I really enjoyed animating the motorcycle part though.Working on a fight scene in my spare time and no wobbliness!!!I think I was trying to be fast and by the time,I realized the wobbliness!!,I had already coloured the frames.Redoing it was gonna take time ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vort2gRjrE
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by samhendrickson: 7:26am On Apr 05, 2012
I am a musician and have an idea of a music video I want to have done in 2D animation. I do not wish to make this on my own but instead to have someone looking for a project or pay someone if needed to make this music video. Please email me with a link of your work and we will negotiate! My email is sam_hendrickson@yahoo.com and better yet, you can add me on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn&__adt=7&__att=iframe#!/profile.php?id=1349085560 [b][/b]thank you everyone!
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 2:38am On Apr 25, 2012
Hello guys,been very busy with work.
@sam_hendrickson
So sorry for the late reply.I am too occupied at the moment to do some freelance.I am working on a project but if there are professional projects like adverts that require 2d animation and the pay is attractive,I might be able to work on it at my spare time.Music videos are gonna take too long to animate whereas adverts are pretty short like less than a minute.

Btw here is my latest animation testing different 2d animation apps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V8Qcw5F3Ac&feature=plcp&context=C48bac0cVDvjVQa1PpcFOHq10YWJ2_L2oTd2r8Zay9Ty7KukKWCNM=

Take care all.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by victorazy(m): 11:21am On Apr 29, 2012
SwitchMax is the best for 2D animation software
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by Caporegime(m): 12:47am On May 01, 2012
@melvi- dude ur work is awesome simply wonderful, meanwhile what software are you currently using,and what kind of tablet are you also using, cos ive got this one (VTablet) thats driving me crazy i does watever it pleases so im looking to change it. cheers keep up the good work.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 10:31pm On May 22, 2012
Caporegime: @melvi- dude ur work is awesome simply wonderful, meanwhile what software are you currently using,and what kind of tablet are you also using, cos ive got this one (VTablet) thats driving me crazy i does watever it pleases so im looking to change it. cheers keep up the good work.
Thanks,caporegime.Sorry for the late reply.I use a wacom intuos 3 tablet.Its the best brand as far as tablets go.I have used Flash,toonboom,photoshop,After Effects and RetasPro for animations and each of them have their stong features and not so cool features.For now,I am using Retas Pro Paintman and After Effects.

Take care.
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by Caporegime(m): 6:40pm On May 29, 2012
melvi:
Thanks,caporegime.Sorry for the late reply.I use a wacom intuos 3 tablet.Its the best brand as far as tablets go.I have used Flash,toonboom,photoshop,After Effects and RetasPro for animations and each of them have their stong features and not so cool features.For now,I am using Retas Pro Paintman and After Effects.

Take care.
thanks man, i'll get a wacom then,hope to see more of your works..cheers
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 12:34am On Jun 29, 2012
Re: 2d Animators Thread. by melvi: 4:18am On Oct 23, 2012
New animation by me.Apps-Maya,sculptris,After Effects,Photoshop,Mudbox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAscr92uvbk&list=UUPUnC7Eqb7wMhEU26Vz9VJg&index=1&feature=plcp

Not so proud about the audio and sfx.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Creativity: See What A Nigerian Made With A Water Melon / Corel Draw: Design Any Illustration Or Graphics. Meet The Expert / for those who wish to learn 3D Animation, modelling and visual effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.