Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin (716 Views)

Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures / Couple Rock Traditional Isi-agu Fabric For White Wedding. Yes Or No? / Lady Wears Dress Made With Plastic Cups (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin by ariesbull: 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2018
Who else has been seeing our Isi Agu and other Igbo wears all over Nigerian towns and urban areas of late? At Lokoja, I saw young lads cladding the thing. At Benue, I also saw them. Somewhere in Gwagwalada of Abuja, I saw them too. Then, in Igweocha (Port Harcourt), I saw them many too. I don't even want to talk about core Igbo towns.

For some time, I'm seeing an Igbo signature attires worn by other Nigerians just as Ndi Igbo have been wearing Agbada and Babaringa even more than they wear theirs. It's a sign na mkpu Anyi na-eti na-aba na nti Ndi mmadu.

Most importantly, I applaud the smart business guy who latched upon the campaign and did a mass production of this lower quality of Isi Agu that would be affordable to low income earners. That non-Igbo are patronizing the purchase shows their admiration for our dressing signature which has been only available for privileged Igbo persons in the past.

The difference between the plain Igbo wear and Niger Delta is that Igbo plain wears are short sleeve while the Niger Delta are long sleeves. That's why you never see Jonathan wear short sleeves as an Ijaw but Amaechi wears short sleeves as ikwerre igbo.

Re: What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin by ariesbull: 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2018
The three are typically Igbo while the long sleeve can he worn by the southern Igbo trines ans their Niger Delta cousins

Re: What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin by ariesbull: 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2018
Culture ..it's just cool when we'll tailored to fit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin by amaniro: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
Tribalism loading........ typing...
Re: What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin by Skyfornia(m): 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2018
Some people won't like this post..

2 Likes

Re: What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin by Homeboiy: 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
Go and wear it first
Then you will know why others wear it
Re: What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
ariesbull:
Who else has been seeing our Isi Agu and other Igbo wears all over Nigerian towns and urban areas of late? At Lokoja, I saw young lads cladding the thing. At Benue, I also saw them. Somewhere in Gwagwalada of Abuja, I saw them too. Then, in Igweocha (Port Harcourt), I saw them many too. I don't even want to talk about core Igbo towns.

For some time, I'm seeing an Igbo signature attires worn by other Nigerians just as Ndi Igbo have been wearing Agbada and Babaringa even more than they wear theirs. It's a sign na mkpu Anyi na-eti na-aba na nti Ndi mmadu.

Most importantly, I applaud the smart business guy who latched upon the campaign and did a mass production of this lower quality of Isi Agu that would be affordable to low income earners. That non-Igbo are patronizing the purchase shows their admiration for our dressing signature which has been only available for privileged Igbo persons in the past.

The difference between the plain Igbo wear and Niger Delta is that Igbo plain wears are short sleeve while the Niger Delta are long sleeves. That's why you never see Jonathan wear short sleeves as an Ijaw but Amaechi wears short sleeves as ikwerre igbo.

Re: What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2018
immhotep:

What do u mean?

The Op made sense...why such reply instead of joining in making the topic sweet....

Mtcheew..... All these yorubas whether na Niger delta sef....

If igbo matter dey itch u for ear....then gently pass.

1 Like

Re: What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin by hisgrace090: 7:16pm On Aug 08, 2018
The ohafia people of abia state doese not joke with this cloth.

1 Like

Re: What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin by ariesbull: 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin by Almaiga: 7:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
There's nothing special about this dress. Just go Carpenter workshop, tell am you need Cushion Cloth. cool

Anyways, Ibo's Amaka. grin

Re: What Is Even Special About Igbo Isia Agu And Other Wears That Everyone Is Wearin by ariesbull: 8:35pm On Aug 08, 2018
Almaiga:
There's nothing special about this dress. Just go Carpenter workshop, tell am you need Cushion Cloth. cool

Anyways, Ibo's Amaka. grin

So carpenter is sewing your president clothes

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Ambi Skin Care Fade Cream For Oily Skin / Pls Which Popular Cream Can I Use For Chocolate Skin With Prices / Mum Spends Just N51,596.88 Transforming Her Bathroom Into A Tropical Paradise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.