Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,451 members, 7,836,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

English Premier League To Review Transfer Deadline Day - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / English Premier League To Review Transfer Deadline Day (578 Views)

Professional Referee Suspended For Using A Fan's Phone To Review A Goal / Heartbroken Man Utd Fan Burns His Jersey After Transfer Deadline Day (video) / Carl Ikeme Transfers From One Room To Another On Transfer Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

English Premier League To Review Transfer Deadline Day by Gisthoodng(m): 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2018
The Premier League executive chairman, Richard Scudamore, has announced that the new English transfer window deadline will be reviewed in September.

In 2018, the transfer window closes three weeks earlier than usual on Thursday August 9th.

This year English fans believe that the transfer deadline is too early with clubs not yet done with business in the window.

And Scudamore speaking to Sky Sports, revealed he had mixed reactions to the agreement.

“As with all these things, it's only when it comes upon people — but again it wasn't a unanimous decision to doit, so there’s bound to be some dissent still around.

“But it was done for the reasons the clubs wanted to do it, for the purposes of not having a situation where clubs are threatened with players leaving to go to other Premier League clubs.

“That, they thought, transcended all the other challenges. It is going to be challenging, particularly for the promoted clubs, who effectively have two-and-a-half weeks less.

“But the decision has been made and we’ll analyse it in September when it’s all over.

“I speak to clubs who say: ‘This is fantastic, we knew what the deadline was and we’ve worked to that.’ But there are other clubs who say they haven’t got time and wish we hadn’t decided to do it,” he said.

Source:>>>SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/08/wow-premier-league-to-review-transfer.html

cc; Lalasticlala

Re: English Premier League To Review Transfer Deadline Day by Patrick051(m): 2:34am On Aug 09, 2018
Gisthoodng:
The Premier League executive chairman, Richard Scudamore, has announced that the new English transfer window deadline will be reviewed in September.

In 2018, the transfer window closes three weeks earlier than usual on Thursday August 9th.

This year English fans believe that the transfer deadline is too early with clubs not yet done with business in the window.

And Scudamore speaking to Sky Sports, revealed he had mixed reactions to the agreement.

“As with all these things, it's only when it comes upon people — but again it wasn't a unanimous decision to doit, so there’s bound to be some dissent still around.

“But it was done for the reasons the clubs wanted to do it, for the purposes of not having a situation where clubs are threatened with players leaving to go to other Premier League clubs.

“That, they thought, transcended all the other challenges. It is going to be challenging, particularly for the promoted clubs, who effectively have two-and-a-half weeks less.

“But the decision has been made and we’ll analyse it in September when it’s all over.

“I speak to clubs who say: ‘This is fantastic, we knew what the deadline was and we’ve worked to that.’ But there are other clubs who say they haven’t got time and wish we hadn’t decided to do it,” he said.

Source:>>>SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/08/wow-premier-league-to-review-transfer.html

cc; Lalasticlala
i'm a fan, I Learn and re-write from you. Keep the Good work. Thanks www.wittysports.co.uk
Re: English Premier League To Review Transfer Deadline Day by Sportdab(m): 7:22am On Aug 09, 2018
Patrick051:
i'm a fan, I Learn and re-write from you. Keep the Good work. Thanks www.wittysports.co.uk

Cool... I hope you also hate plagiarism.
Re: English Premier League To Review Transfer Deadline Day by Patrick051(m): 8:43am On Aug 09, 2018
Sportdab:

Cool... I hope you also hate plagiarism.
yea, check my website and see... Tell me what you think about some post

(1) (Reply)

Dalung Declares NFF Election Illegal / Mbappe Out Of The Top Five Golden Boy Voting / Is There Any Thing Like Fixed Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.