Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. (37040 Views)

Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by Anijay1212(m): 3:11am On Aug 09, 2018
embarassed shocked
This is a nay for me.
I will pass.
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by bobaydavid(m): 3:12am On Aug 09, 2018
nnokwa042:
you people are funny that a country is landlock doesn't mean they don't have river ,land lock means your country's water is not connected to Atlantic or Pacific and Mediterranean sea,Switzerland Austria are all landlock country is your country better than them?

You know wot u are saying joor.
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by baby124: 3:20am On Aug 09, 2018
nextstep:

Its weight is supported by the large amount of helium it carries (like those birthday balloons). The engines mostly serve to push it. Not entirely sure how they make it rise and fall (perhaps they release helium from compressed tanks into the balloon so it floats, then recompress the helium back into the tanks so it falls).

This is likely for hauling cargo to places ships or rail can't reach, or supplementing cargo planes over shorter distances e.g. it would be great for correspondence/contracts/letters and small packages between Lagos and Abuja, but not Lagos to Nairobi.

Unlike a jet engine that consumes fuel, the majority of helium remains in the balloon after the flight, so there should be a negligible refill cost. There's the cost of powering the engines that make the aircraft pushing the aircraft, but those could be powered by batteries... I'm really curious to read more about this.
Helium ke... so if the gas escaped, this big monster will just crash abi... I will stick to fuel powered planes for now. Can you imagine Helium notori oloun grin. Let me swim in my ignorance abeg, at least I will be safe.
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by Navalsadiq(m): 4:07am On Aug 09, 2018
Anybody that boards these plane is on his own.
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by cucuzee247(m): 4:11am On Aug 09, 2018
Lovely development... It's technology age indeed
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by israelmao(m): 4:26am On Aug 09, 2018
Just 6-hour test flight and still needs 200-hour test flight to certify it okay for customers,that a good quality control mechanism.
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by romoruyi(m): 4:51am On Aug 09, 2018
Let's discuss about your plans for a business website?

Check my signature smiley smiley smiley
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by chukstino: 4:55am On Aug 09, 2018
Ok
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:17am On Aug 09, 2018
space wagon
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by zedman1(m): 5:39am On Aug 09, 2018
This n*gga so big that it looks like its crashing already. No, I repeat, I won't get on it.
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by kuuljay(m): 5:52am On Aug 09, 2018
Zepellin is back,I hape disaster will not repeat again
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by SamUtaji: 5:53am On Aug 09, 2018
This is actually big. When will Nigeria develop their own technology for the world to see
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by dingbang(m): 6:05am On Aug 09, 2018
Please let it come and carry all the pdp and APC members out of Nigeria and throw dem away in the Indian sea

1 Like

Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by OhiOfIhima: 6:10am On Aug 09, 2018
Presidiotbuhari:

^^^
I[b] know u are brain dead because anyone that supports apc is emty upstairs.

With the invention of larger air crafts it is now possible to haul lage cargos vie air instead of sea only. I hope i have educated a brain dead islamist like u and while u are on it, remember not to mention me again because i dont respond to muslims[/b].

I am vr disappointed in u man.. Must everything equate to religion. When are we going to leave religion n tribalism like d white forks. Indeed Africa is a cursed

2 Likes

Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by Alajiki(m): 6:49am On Aug 09, 2018
Presidiotbuhari:

^^^
I know u are brain dead because anyone that supports apc is emty upstairs.

With the invention of larger air crafts it is now possible to haul lage cargos vie air instead of sea only. I hope i have educated a brain dead islamist like u and while u are on it, remember not to mention me again because i dont respond to muslims.

Blah blah blah. Mr know-it-all, Landlocked brain.
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by Aldebaran(m): 6:58am On Aug 09, 2018
Wow
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by Aishie: 6:59am On Aug 09, 2018
[quote author=OneCorner post=70111483][/quote]

Gosh, religion bias. it shows how immature you are. #smh
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by Aishie: 7:00am On Aug 09, 2018
[quote author=OneCorner post=70111483][/quote]

gosh, religion bias. shows how immature you are.
hy grow up.
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by ollah2: 7:02am On Aug 09, 2018
Presidiotbuhari:

^^^

With the invention of larger air crafts it is now possible to haul lage cargos vie air instead of sea only. I hope i have educated a brain dead islamist like u and while u are on it, remember not to mention me again because i dont respond to muslims.

How can a sane person completely switch from a technological discourse to political and religious matters? How much of hatred and bigotry do you have for Muslims? You are absolutely nothing, so Muslims don't even need a discouse with a swine like you but change your mentality. Bigotry and hate kills.
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by Topman3795(m): 7:02am On Aug 09, 2018
[color=#006600][/color] Cleanliness is next to Godliness

Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by ollah2: 7:04am On Aug 09, 2018
OhiOfIhima:

I am vr disappointed in u man.. Must everything equate to religion. When are we going to leave religion n tribalism like d white forks. Indeed Africa is a cursed

I just quoted him but never knew he is a tribalist and religious and political bigot. How would disagreement on technological matters completely switch to religious and political issues. I'm pretty stunned at the level of hatred some people have for Muslims. I rarely see comments like that from non Christians towards Christians yet the latter always claim to be tolerant. Lol
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by Cannonleo(m): 7:04am On Aug 09, 2018
Nigeriapen1:
By www.nigeriapen.com.ng

News Source: https://www.nigeriapen.com.ng/airlander-10-is-currently-the-worlds-longest-aircraft-id8704404-html/

See more photos below....

News Source: https://www.nigeriapen.com.ng/airlander-10-is-currently-the-worlds-longest-aircraft-id8704404-html/

this guys never learn, one pop in the wrong area we have helium loss,fire , disintegration and another Hindenburg on our house.

Last last this is just a modern zipperlin with better space
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by JewelBukky(f): 7:07am On Aug 09, 2018
Wow! So big!
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by KAYD007(m): 7:08am On Aug 09, 2018
Presidiotbuhari:

^^^

He never insulted you! It is harrowing that you could throw insult over a statement like his that was devoid of insult. Man! you have no eyes for jokes? undecided
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by MakeNigeriaGrea: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2018
imran147:

IGNORANCE WONT KILL YOU HATERS OF MUSLIMS ... just like your pope did in 1095 by pope urban and the master planner of the crusader....Complex always worried you guys just don’t know why may be cuz of the purity worship in Islam but change your ways if truly you believe in the people of the books and one God
Purity worship by killing people who don't want to join your faith. Someone who detest paedophile should not be a Muslim. Religion of Peace my foot.

1 Like

Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by ObservantFellow: 7:39am On Aug 09, 2018
OneCorner:

Yes. The plane will be packing sea water and be bringing it to landlocked countries

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:08am On Aug 09, 2018
91MPH is respectable for an airship.

That's like 150km/h, plus, it has a top speed of 148MPH, well above 200km/h!
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by seanmozilla: 9:58am On Aug 09, 2018
Presidiotbuhari:

^^^

NOW, THIS IS EPIC

1 Like

Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by Sagay212: 10:46am On Aug 09, 2018
Una sure say na thesame God wey create oyinbo people create black man? Why the difference plenty like this? E just be like say God pack all the sense wey dey this world give oyinbo and him nor give black man any sense at all. Na wa oo
Re: Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. by TheOdd1sOut: 11:02am On Aug 09, 2018
[quote author=AquafosSolar post=70112491] this is filled with helium

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) / 15 Most Dangerous Roads Around The World / 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.