Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,386 members, 7,822,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God (3406 Views)

Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by Maxi3k(m): 12:18am On Aug 09, 2018
hello, i want christian nairalanders to give me proof that there is some sort of a supernatural being, and please dont tell god works in mysterious ways.
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by Obainoneandonly(m): 12:23am On Aug 09, 2018
what I want to ask you is dat, do you believe dat there is devil
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by amaniro: 12:46am On Aug 09, 2018
come to my prayer meeting. We pray for four hours nonstop possibly you may find him there. You can't just find him cause of debate purpose or atheist analysis but willingness if you really want to Know if he exist pray nonstop. In tongues by the way.... doctrines are too long for narrations
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by fykes(m): 1:50am On Aug 09, 2018
A fool says in his heart," there is no God "
This one that said his own out,....wetin we go call am??

Don't quote me....its throwback Thursday.

1 Like

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by HardMirror(m): 1:56am On Aug 09, 2018
What sort of idiotic replies am i reading here?

5 Likes

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by HardMirror(m): 1:57am On Aug 09, 2018
amaniro:
come to my prayer meeting. We pray for four hours nonstop possibly you may find him there. You can't just find him cause of debate purpose or atheist analysis but willingness if you really want to Know if he exist pray nonstop. In tongues by the way.... doctrines are too long for narrations
muslims have special prayers that can last that long too. ATR has special rituals that can last days. I guess that makes their gods real too right? The longer you can exhibit madness, the better

3 Likes

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by HardMirror(m): 2:00am On Aug 09, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
oh yes. Devils like the people who created religions. Devils like moses the mass murderer, mohamed the marauder, hitler the acclaimed annointed of God... etc

2 Likes

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by castro316: 2:01am On Aug 09, 2018
One proof that God exist is your DNA. That structure that carries your Genes In the human cells. The way the DNA is is arranged shows that such cannot happen from random natural selection.

Another proof that God exist is our spirit. God made our spirit in his image and his likeness so when you observe things from the spiritual perspective you will understand that God exists

History has. Proved the existence of Spirits so there is a possibility that there is a spiritual world which behaves like ours. There must be a ruler of that world

Scientists are gradually close to proving that a God exist because there are some things that cannot be explained till now like how the human displays emotion such as love jealousy. And the casting of imaginations from our brain there must be something that makes all these possible

3 Likes

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:20am On Aug 09, 2018
HardMirror:
oh yes. Devils like the people who created religions. Devils like moses the mass murderer, mohamed the marauder, hitler the acclaimed annointed of God... etc
bros why are you confusing yourself like this..let's have a constructive dialogue,and stop behaving like a marauding rogue
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by HardMirror(m): 7:03am On Aug 09, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
bros why are you confusing yourself like this..let's have a constructive dialogue,and stop behaving like a marauding rogue
lol. Ok let me see where you are going. How do you expect someone who does not believe in God to believe in the devil? This really beats my imagination. Are the two characters not from the same source? How can i believe there is a batman character and not believe there is a Joker or Bane? How? Or believe there is an Harry Porter and not believe there are Death Eaters or Dementors? That your question was actually very dumb.

5 Likes

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by HardMirror(m): 7:04am On Aug 09, 2018
castro316:
One proof that God exist is your DNA. That structure that carries your Genes In the human cells. The way the DNA is is arranged shows that such cannot happen from random natural selection.

Another proof that God exist is our spirit. God made our spirit in his image and his likeness so when you observe things from the spiritual perspective you will understand that God exists

History has. Proved the existence of Spirits so there is a possibility that there is a spiritual world which behaves like ours. There must be a ruler of that world

Scientists are gradually close to proving that a God exist because there are some things that cannot be explained till now like how the human displays emotion such as love jealousy. And the casting of imaginations from our brain there must be something that makes all these possible
what is God? Define what you mean by God

[b] n monotheistic thought, God is conceived of as the Supreme Being and the principal object of faith.[3] The concept of God, as described by theologians, commonly includes the attributes of omniscience (all-knowing), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), and as having an eternal and necessary existence. Depending on one’s kind of theism, these attributes are used either in way of analogy, or in a literal sense as distinct properties of the God.

God is most often held to be incorporeal (immaterial).[3][4][5] Incorporeity and corporeity of God are related to conceptions of transcendence (being outside nature) and immanence (being in nature, in the world) of God, with positions of synthesis such as the "immanent transcendence".

Some religions describe God without reference to gender, while others use masculine terminology, using such terms as "Him" or "Father," and some religions (such as Judaism) attribute only a purely grammatical "gender" to God.[6]

God has been conceived as either personal or impersonal. In theism, God is the creator and sustainer of the universe, while in deism, God is the creator, but not the sustainer, of the universe. In pantheism, God is the universe itself. In atheism, God is not believed to exist. In agnosticism, the existence of God is deemed unknown or unknowable. God has also been conceived as the source of all moral obligation, and the "greatest conceivable existent".[3] Many notable philosophers have developed arguments for and against the existence of God.[7]

Monotheists refer to their gods using names prescribed by their respective religions, with some of these names referring to certain cultural ideas about their god's identity and attributes. In the ancient Egyptian era of Atenism, possibly the earliest recorded monotheistic religion, this deity was called Aten,[8] premised on being the one "true" Supreme Being and creator of the universe.[9] In the Hebrew Bible and Judaism, "He Who Is", "I Am that I Am", and the tetragrammaton YHWH (Hebrew: יהוה‎, traditionally interpreted as "I am who I am"; "He Who Exists"wink are used as names of God, while Yahweh and Jehovah are sometimes used in Christianity as vocalizations of YHWH. In the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, God, consubstantial in three persons, is called the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. In Judaism, it is common to refer to God by the titular names Elohim or Adonai. In Islam, the name Allah is used, while Muslims also have a multitude of titular names for God. In Hinduism, Brahman is often considered a monistic concept of God.[10] In Chinese religion, God (Shangdi) is conceived as the progenitor (first ancestor) of the universe, intrinsic to it and constantly ordaining it. Other religions have names for God, for instance, Baha in the Bahá'í Faith,[11] Waheguru in Sikhism,[12] and Ahura Mazda in Zoroastrianism.[13]

The many different conceptions of God, and competing claims as to God's characteristics, aims, and actions, have led to the development of ideas of omnitheism, pandeism,[14] or a perennial philosophy, which postulates that there is one underlying theological truth, of which all religions express a partial understanding, and as to which "the devout in the various great world religions are in fact worshipping that one God, but through different, overlapping concepts or mental images of Him." [/b]

So what really is God and which God are we talking about?
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by Obainoneandonly(m): 7:09am On Aug 09, 2018
HardMirror:
lol. Ok let me see where you are going. How do you expect someone who does not believe in God to believe in the devil? This really beats my imagination. Are the two characters not from the same source? How can i believe there is a batman character and not believe there is a Joker or Bane? How? Or believe there is an Harry Porter and not believe there are Death Eaters or Dementors? That your question was actually very dumb.
now let's get d discussion going...are you an African? if yes,please specify the location.. if nigeria,specify the region
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by HardMirror(m): 7:12am On Aug 09, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
now let's get d discussion going...are you an African? if yes,please specify the location.. if nigeria,specify the region
i am nigerian and a yoruba
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by Obainoneandonly(m): 7:16am On Aug 09, 2018
HardMirror:
i am nigerian and a yoruba
you are a yoruba and u deny d existence of d devil?..
all those voodoo and charms DAT all those babalawo do,where do you think it came from

1 Like

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by Amberon11: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2018
The op said specifically that he wanted input from Christians but trust nairaland frustrated atheists to jump in.

grin grin grin
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by HardMirror(m): 7:19am On Aug 09, 2018
Amberon11:
The op said specifically that he wanted input from Christians but trust nairaland frustrated atheists to jump in.

grin grin grin
and you mr christian, what has been your contribution?
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by HardMirror(m): 7:21am On Aug 09, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
you are a yoruba and u deny d existence of d devil?..
all those voodoo and charms DAT all those babalawo do,where do you think it came from
what voodoo? Voodoo aint real, just as magic are all tricks. Nothing supernatural about voodoo.

Give me examples of voodoos you know to be real. Lets start from there
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by Obainoneandonly(m): 7:30am On Aug 09, 2018
HardMirror:
what voodoo? Voodoo aint real, just as magic are all tricks. Nothing supernatural about voodoo.

Give me examples of voodoos you know to be real. Lets start from there
have seen somebody been shot at, and d bullet didn't penetrate his body..my father has one (voodoo)on His farm dat anyone dat trespasses into it and try to steal from it will be afflicted with a terrible illnesses or disease.. have seen it first hand,and d aftermath....have seen someone been buried alive,then when d native doctor called out his name once, he came out of a room dat had no door adjacent to where we were standing (Edo state) .....these are just few.have seen many and worse cases than dis ones
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 8:03am On Aug 09, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
Devil and gods are different sides of same coin
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 8:05am On Aug 09, 2018
amaniro:

@bolded so it's not certain OP finds him despite all the "non stop prayers"?

1 Like

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2018
fykes:
A fool says in his heart," there is no God " This one that said his own out,....wetin we go call am??
A wise person says it out loud

7 Likes

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by amaniro: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2018
HardMirror:
muslims have special prayers that can last that long too. ATR has special rituals that can last days. I guess that makes their gods real too right? The longer you can exhibit madness, the better
is not about how long is about what will happen within that time. If you want to find God like this, you just want to prove something. That's not the way
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by amaniro: 8:10am On Aug 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

@bolded so it's not certain OP finds him despite all the "non stop prayers"?
well, some prayers are not answered that's why most people don't receive what they want. If the prayer is selfish, it will just sound gibberish in Gods hearing, that's some of the reason for unanswered prayer and maybe some of the prayer you did through your childhood. Who told you as a Christian obstacles, circumstances won't prevail, the church have failed in this aspect, meet me for more
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 8:14am On Aug 09, 2018
castro316:
Really? are you sure about this claim you just made?

Can you tell how how history proved this because from where I stand history has disproven many spiritual claims of the past. even the holy bible of Jewish mythology said sicknesses are caused by demons and spirits but we now know better. History has been extinguishing spiritual claims by uncountable numbers. so many things people said spiritual superpowers were behind in the past have been unraveled and no spirits were found so I have no idea what history you're referring to in your claim sir
also There are atheists that believe in the spiritual but still call god ideas bullsheet. believing a particular "world" exists doesn't automatically mean any claims made about that world true. That one believes New York is real doesn't mean one must accept Spiderman is real. that one believes USA is real doesn't mean one must accept David Palmer and Jack Bauer are real

Aren't you pulling a fallacy called "Argumentum ad Ignorantiam"?

1 Like

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2018
Amberon11:

grin grin grin

What sense have you made on this thread? what input have you given so far?

2 Likes

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by HardMirror(m): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2018
amaniro:

is not about how long is about what will happen within that time. If you want to find God like this, you just want to prove something. That's not the way
i was once a christian and i know many christians. NOTHING happens when you pray. It is all in your head.
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Devil and gods are different sides of same coin
which side are you on,so I will know how to tackle you
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 8:29am On Aug 09, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
which side are you on,so I will know how to tackle you
I'm an Antitheist. I think belief in god(s) is harmful to the human race

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:31am On Aug 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I'm an Antitheist. I think belief in god(s) is harmful to the human race
nobody said gods,its GOD..
so if u don't believe in HIM,do u believe that there's devil
Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 8:33am On Aug 09, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
nobody said gods,its GOD..
so if u don't believe in HIM,do u believe that there's devil
If I don't believe your imaginary friend is real why would I believe the enemy of your imaginary friend is real?

3 Likes

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by HardMirror(m): 8:35am On Aug 09, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
have seen somebody been shot at, and d bullet didn't penetrate his body..my father has one (voodoo)on His farm dat anyone dat trespasses into it and try to steal from it will be afflicted with a terrible illnesses or disease.. have seen it first hand,and d aftermath....have seen someone been buried alive,then when d native doctor called out his name once, he came out of a room dat had no door adjacent to where we were standing (Edo state) .....these are just few.have seen many and worse cases than dis ones
stories. Why do i call them stories. Bullet proof my ass.

Imagine the body gear policemen and the military use. Kevlar and other high impact absorbtion materials in use today, imagine they remain a mare hear-say like you voodoo... they are in use today and comapnies generate billions of dollars selling them annually around the world. Do you know why your bullet proof charm remains a story you guys share and it is not in vogue? Cos it does not work. Simple. If it works, it wont be a mystery. All mysteries or so called hidden knowledge are ALL lies! Everything that works from computer coding to nuclear power are all open to learn and apply the knowledge. Only fraudsters deal with mysteries.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want Christians To Give Me Proof That There Is A God by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:35am On Aug 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

If I don't believe your imaginary friend is real why would I believe the enemy of your imaginary friend is real?
let's strike a truthful conversation then.....since u dont believe in both,how then do u explain d handy work of a Voodooist person or an herberlist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Man Advise God And Make Him Change His Mind? / Christ Embassy No Bi Church Walai! / The Population Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.