Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,089 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

The Population Of Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Population Of Hell (3408 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Woman Gets A Glimpse Of Hell After Suicide Attempt / Nigerian Population Is 50% Muslim, 40% Christian, Whats The Other 10%? Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Population Of Hell by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
How many people are going to hell? Specifically, the 'Christian' Hell. 'Christianity' is the most important religion, and the only one, other than Islam, that claims non-adherents will go to Hell. So let's take a look, because it's going to be crowded down there.

Muslims: 1.4 billion
Non-religious and atheists: 960 million to 1 billion
Hindus: 900 million
Buddhists: 400 million to 600 million
Other religions (Chinese traditional, animism, deism, Shinto, etc): 800 million
Sikhs, Jews, Baha'is: 48 million

So that's a total of about 4.5 billion to 4.7 billion people. But wait, there's more. Because the total "Christian" population of 2.1 billion includes many millions of people who do not actually live a Christian life (and are therefore going to Hell). The population of Hell should rise. Consider the following:

Only roughly 30% of Christians globally attend church regularly. In Brazil, for example, 80% of the population is "Catholic" but only 36% attend church regularly! Similarly, in the US, 78% call themselves Christian, but only around 40% attend church regularly--at best (Religious Tolerance, Nation Master).

In many supposedly "Christian" countries, female use of contraceptives exceeds 60, 70 or 80%. This includes many countries in Latin America. In the US, studies have indicated that almost all Americans have had sex outside of marriage.

Most Christian sects think they are the "true" religion and other denominations are heresy. They can't all be right, which means that somebody is going to hell!

In many countries, petty theft, tax evasion and money laundering are a way of life--in direct violation of the 8th and 9th Commandments. To say nothing of the countless millions who work on the weekend, violating the 4th Commandment (to keep the "Sabbath" ).

These offenses are not necessarily punishable by eternal damnation (that depends on particular beliefs). But they speak to an overall lack of adherence to 'Christian' doctrine. There are millions of people who call themselves 'Christian', but who nonetheless do very un-Christian things, including borrowing spiritual guidance from Buddhism, new age religions, Taoism or other non-Christian sources. It seems reasonable to add another billion or so to the damned total.

So out of 6.8 billion human beings, a staggering 5.6 billion are going to Hell. That is 82% of all humanity! If we factor in the many hundreds of millions of people who have lived before our time, we can easily get up to 90 or 95% of the entire human species that has ever lived.

'Christianity' would seem to be an extraordinarily dark belief system, to claim that almost all of our fellow humans who have ever lived are destined for an eternity of suffering because they don't happen to agree with their "Lord." Is that the work of a just and loving "God"?

Personally, ( edited ) if there is a God, it sure as hell isn't the 'Christian' god. That guy's a psycho.

Link Here

Disclaimer : At this stage of my finite understanding, I am not referring to ETERNAL DEATH but ETERNAL TORMENT. So please take note of this when reviewing and discussing the article - show some integrity by abiding to this statement.

Also the 'Christian' god being referred to is not Yahweh but the god of the 'Christians'.
'Christianity' is also put in invited comas as it is not the real Christianity based on biblical Truths .

4 Likes

Re: The Population Of Hell by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2014

I thought you were a Christian.
Re: The Population Of Hell by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
Apatheist:
I thought you were a Christian.

Yes I am , but not the Nigerian or American brand of right wing fanatics.

I believe in a loving God who will punish the wicked but will also save to the uttermost those who love him not by word but by action and I tell you bro there are many people who are not labelled Christian but who are better Christians than so called Christians.

For instance I know many Muslims who carry out great acts of kindness and still my fellow brothers condemn them to hell even though they have never in their lives performed similar acts.

I also know many here in the UK who have more integrity, honesty and love for their fellow man than all the ' Christians' in Nigeria put together.

God wants people who have honour, love, kindness and integrity - he wants the fruits not the trees and I am disgusted that many of us lack the fruits of God's Spirit.
Re: The Population Of Hell by donfemo(m): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
I AM A CHRISTIAN WHO THINKS THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED PLEASE.

OP ARE YOU OKAY? DO YOU NEED HELP?
Re: The Population Of Hell by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
frosbel:

I believe in a loving God who will punish the wicked but will also save to the uttermost those who love him not by word but by action and I tell you bro there are many people who are not labelled Christian but who are better Christians than so called Christians.
The bolded doesn't make sense. No religion or god has the monopoly of morality. Everyone is supposed to be good, not just Christians, so they can't be "better Christians" but better humans.

For instance I know many Muslims who carry out great acts of kindness and still my fellow brothers condemn them to hell even though they have never in their lives performed similar acts.
Not their fault; the Bible tells them so. According to the Bible, whoever doesn't accept Jesus will go to the Christian hell. Muslims also have their version of hell, and Christians are going to go to the Muslim hell.

I also know many here in the UK who have more integrity, honesty and love for their fellow man than all the ' Christians' in Nigeria put together.
I reiterate: Christianity is not the yardstick for measuring morality.

God wants people who have honour, love, kindness and integrity - he wants the fruits not the trees and I am disgusted that many of us lack the fruits of God's Spirit.

The so-called "fruits" won't take them to heaven- believing in Jesus will, according to the Bible.
Re: The Population Of Hell by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
Frosbel, how would your god punish the wicked? 24 lashes of cain?
Re: The Population Of Hell by Elevation(m): 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mr Frosbel,HELL exists and there is nothing any human can do about it Christ has paid the price there is no excuse for iniquity or sin,Christ died on the Cross of calvary either humanity believes this or not all we need do is to follow christ whole heartedly in the secret and in the open to live Holy because it is written in Psalms 9v17 The wicked shall be turned into hell and all the nations that forget God,Hebrews 12v14 Follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord.Only in Jesus we have victory.

1 Like

Re: The Population Of Hell by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
^

Nope, it does not exist , it is a sadistic religious nonsense concocted by people who wanted to control other gullible people.

God does not work in the realm of fear only SATAN does.

Away with all the religious Lies and Myths.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Population Of Hell by Weah96: 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
How come Jews, God's own handpicked selection of people, don't believe in either hell or Jesus Christ? Why are Africans carrying the banner of a few Jewish apostates?

1 Like

Re: The Population Of Hell by Elevation(m): 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
frosbel: ^

Nope, it does not exist , it is a sadistic religious nonsense concocted by people who wanted to control other gullible people.

God does not work in the realm of fear only SATAN does.

Away with all the religious Lies and Myths.

smiley

Mr Frosbel read Mark 9vs43-48 the description there is clear or are u saying u know better than Christ? Sure that can never be see Frosbel if u are in Christ u dont need to be afraid of Hell it is not a place for the true believers so why feel jumpy all u need to do is check urself daily just call on Him dont say Hell doesnt exist Frosbel remember today i'm typing this on earth for u to believe HELL EXISTS u didnt believe but know this,THERE HAS TO BE A HELL FIRE look around u,the evil deeds of humanity,there has to be a Judge to look into all this there has to be a place if Hell doesnt exist so why would God give his only son to us so that we might through Him be saved...i need no other arguement the word of God is settled in Heaven-Psalm 119vs89. U cant ask Him what doesth thou?

2 Likes

Re: The Population Of Hell by ayobase(m): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
smh
Re: The Population Of Hell by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mr Frosbel, stop rationalizing 'faith' or you'll lose it.
You are well on your way to being agnostic -- or a Jehovah Witness.

2 Likes

Re: The Population Of Hell by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
Apatheist: Mr Frosbel, stop rationalizing 'faith' or you'll lose it.
You are well on your way to being agnostic -- or a Jehovah Witness.

no chance smiley

I am a follower of Jesus/.
Re: The Population Of Hell by qstar(m): 9:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
frosbel:

no chance smiley

You are not a good follower then.
What of when Jesus said: "there'll be weeping and gnashing of teeth"
Re: The Population Of Hell by malvisguy212: 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
frosbel:

no chance smiley

this is the word of the same jesus christ.
Mark 9:43King James Version (KJV) 43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life
maimed, than having two hands to go
into hell, into the fire that never shall be.

Or are you talkin about different jesus?
quenched:

1 Like

Re: The Population Of Hell by malvisguy212: 9:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
frosbel:

no chance smiley

this is the word of the same jesus christ.
Mark 9:43King James Version (KJV) 43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life
into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Or are you talkin about diff jesus? Honestly if when you die as a sinner ,no hell, then I will make earth my heaven and forget about God heaven.BUT THANK GOD THERE IS HELL, AND THE WICKED WILL PAY FOR THERE SIN.
Re: The Population Of Hell by ayodele123(m): 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
There is only ONE Hell and it is the One which the Bible talks about. All the other 'Hell' do not exist anywhere!
Truly,the majority will end up there because Jesus said in Matthew 7:13-14 that 'few will be saved,many will be lost'
Those who will be lost in hell are those who chose to live and die in sin without repentance and coming out of darkness to the light of Christ.
Even the Christians who looked back (Luke 9:62), and were disobedient (Matthew 7:21-23(Hebrews 10:26-31) will also end up in Hell.
Those who failed to accept salvation through Jesus Christ will end up in eternal hell.
Heaven is for the few,real disciples who can pay the price in Mark 8:34-36, while Hell is for the multitudes who lived rebellious lives on earth (Proverbs 14:12)

2 Likes

Re: The Population Of Hell by alexleo(m): 10:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
frosbel:

It was Jesus himself who made the following statements-

John 3;3

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Jesus himself spoke about hell fire.

You see most times we christians make so much effort to defend God and in the process we misrepresent him before unbelievers. God is a God of Love and a God of wrath. He does not hide it so we cant hide it too. God does not change therefore these two nature/characteristics of him cannot seize to exist. He also did not develop any of these nature because of man. He has been like this ever before he created man. If we want to assume that any of God's nature will be wiped out of existence then it means that God is no more the same yesterday, today and forever. Heaven is a manifestation of God's complete love and hell is a manifestation of God's complete wrath. None of this will seize to exist. It is this obvious nature of God that made him to make a way of escape for man by sending his son Jesus Christ to die. God knows how terrible his wrath can be hence the height of sacrifice he made for our redemption. It is human calculation that you are doing here. Bro are you trying to defend God? You dont need to. God does not pretend about himself so why should we be the ones that will pretend on his behalf. God no send anybody to do that kind work for am o.
Re: The Population Of Hell by alexleo(m): 10:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
malvisguy212: this is the word of the same jesus christ.
into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Or are you talkin about diff jesus? Honestly if when you die as a sinner ,no hell, then I will make earth my heaven and forget about God heaven.BUT THANK GOD THERE IS HELL, AND THE WICKED WILL PAY FOR THERE SIN.

Honestly it is not a good thing for anyone to try to defend God. Defending God makes a mockery of him because you will want to hide things in the process and of course unbelievers will always see those things and use it to mock you and thats why what frosbel is doing is not the best at all. God does not hide his nature and he never told any of us to hide him. Why should anybody engage in that kind of unprofitable exercise? We have already started seeing reactions of unbelievers to this hhere which shows that trying to hide some part of God does not do any good to his kingdom. Lets always say the truth about God. God's love is great and his wrath is great too. He is an unchangeable God therefore love and wrath which are part of him can never seize to exist. Whether we like it or not, THIS IS GOD.

1 Like

Re: The Population Of Hell by alexleo(m): 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
Elevation: Mr Frosbel read Mark 9vs43-48 the description there is clear or are u saying u know better than Christ? Sure that can never be see Frosbel if u are in Christ u dont need to be afraid of Hell it is not a place for the true believers so why feel jumpy all u need to do is check urself daily just call on Him dont say Hell doesnt exist Frosbel remember today i'm typing this on earth for u to believe HELL EXISTS u didnt believe but know this,THERE HAS TO BE A HELL FIRE look around u,the evil deeds of humanity,there has to be a Judge to look into all this there has to be a place if Hell doesnt exist so why would God give his only son to us so that we might through Him be saved...i need no other arguement the word of God is settled in Heaven-Psalm 119vs89. U cant ask Him what doesth thou?

God bless you my brother. I believe the words of Jesus than whatever interpretation he may want to give. By the grace of God i wont go to hell fire. But there is a hell fire. Jesus said it and I believe it hundred percent. No subtractions.
Re: The Population Of Hell by alexleo(m): 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
frosbel:

So out of 6.8 billion human beings, a staggering 5.6 billion are going to Hell. That is 82% of all humanity! If we factor in the many hundreds of millions of people who have lived before our time, we can easily get up to 90 or 95% of the entire human species that has ever lived.

Obviously your statistics confirms what Jesus said in Matthew 7;13

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

we will rather believe Jesus than your teaching sir. Are you now trying to twist the words of Jesus so as to defend him bro or what? Jesus doesnt need your defence pls. Leave his word as he wrote it.

1 Like

Re: The Population Of Hell by Elevation(m): 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
alexleo:

God bless you my brother. I believe the words of Jesus than whatever interpretation he may want to give. By the grace of God i wont go to hell fire. But there is a hell fire. Jesus said it and I believe it hundred percent. No subtractions.
Amen thanks and God Bless u too,please continue in the Word no matter what because it is the Word that remains when the world is gone.

1 Like

Re: The Population Of Hell by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 16, 2014
there is hell o.i don'T KNOW if u like say God is not kind it does not matter o.hell has been existing before anyone in nairaland was born.if you like say there is no hell.before you were born it existed so modern science or unbelief cannot quench it just like the fact that there is so much suffering in the world does not mean God is not there.it is in the end many people will be shocked.i end with this quote by Dr d k olukoya ''the modern man says there is no hell,don't worry when he gets there he will know.look t it very well.Jesus was the most deceived man that ever lived if there truly is no place called Hell fire
Re: The Population Of Hell by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 16, 2014
Hello does not exist, use your brains friends and read the bible constructively and without the clouded lenses of institutionalised Christianity which is also mystery Babylon.
Re: The Population Of Hell by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 16, 2014
frosbel:

no chance smiley

That's what we all thought...
Re: The Population Of Hell by malvisguy212: 7:23am On Jul 16, 2014
alexleo:

Honestly it is not a good thing for anyone to try to defend God. Defending God makes a mockery of him because you will want to hide things in the process and of course unbelievers will always see those things and use it to mock you and thats why what frosbel is doing is not the best at all. God does not hide his nature and he never told any of us to hide him. Why should anybody engage in that kind of unprofitable exercise? We have already started seeing reactions of unbelievers to this hhere which shows that trying to hide some part of God does not do any good to his kingdom. Lets always say the truth about God. God's love is great and his wrath is great too. He is an unchangeable God therefore love and wrath which are part of him can never seize to exist. Whether we like it or not, THIS IS GOD.
for ages , man find solution to escape hell, and they will never find a way.

This is just like a pagan belief , no punishment for not being a pagan. Thank you Bro.
Re: The Population Of Hell by alexleo(m): 7:32am On Jul 16, 2014
frosbel: Hello does not exist, use your brains friends and read the bible constructively and without the clouded lenses of institutionalised Christianity which is also mystery Babylon.

Jesus spoke about hell fire in many places in the bible. He warned us seriously about it. We will believe Jesus more than you. We don't need your interpretations about it. The words of Jesus about the torments of hell are clear for all to understand. If you like call the church babylon or anything you like, we couldn't be bothered. The words of Jesus about hell fire does not need any church's interpretation for us to understand it. They are clear statements.
Re: The Population Of Hell by Elijah78: 8:03am On Jul 16, 2014
frosbel: How many people are going to hell? Specifically, the 'Christian' Hell. 'Christianity' is the most important religion, and the only one, other than Islam, that claims non-adherents will go to Hell. So let's take a look, because it's going to be crowded down there.

Muslims: 1.4 billion
Non-religious and atheists: 960 million to 1 billion
Hindus: 900 million
Buddhists: 400 million to 600 million
Other religions (Chinese traditional, animism, deism, Shinto, etc): 800 million
Sikhs, Jews, Baha'is: 48 million

So that's a total of about 4.5 billion to 4.7 billion people. But wait, there's more. Because the total "Christian" population of 2.1 billion includes many millions of people who do not actually live a Christian life (and are therefore going to Hell). The population of Hell should rise. Consider the following:

Only roughly 30% of Christians globally attend church regularly. In Brazil, for example, 80% of the population is "Catholic" but only 36% attend church regularly! Similarly, in the US, 78% call themselves Christian, but only around 40% attend church regularly--at best (Religious Tolerance, Nation Master).

In many supposedly "Christian" countries, female use of contraceptives exceeds 60, 70 or 80%. This includes many countries in Latin America. In the US, studies have indicated that almost all Americans have had sex outside of marriage.

Most Christian sects think they are the "true" religion and other denominations are heresy. They can't all be right, which means that somebody is going to hell!

In many countries, petty theft, tax evasion and money laundering are a way of life--in direct violation of the 8th and 9th Commandments. To say nothing of the countless millions who work on the weekend, violating the 4th Commandment (to keep the "Sabbath" ).

These offenses are not necessarily punishable by eternal damnation (that depends on particular beliefs). But they speak to an overall lack of adherence to 'Christian' doctrine. There are millions of people who call themselves 'Christian', but who nonetheless do very un-Christian things, including borrowing spiritual guidance from Buddhism, new age religions, Taoism or other non-Christian sources. It seems reasonable to add another billion or so to the damned total.

'Christianity' would seem to be an extraordinarily dark belief system, to claim that almost all of our fellow humans who have ever lived are destined for an eternity of suffering because they don't happen to agree with their "Lord." Is that the work of a just and loving "God"?

Personally, ( edited ) if there is a God, it sure as hell isn't the 'Christian' god. That guy's a psycho.

Link Here

Disclaimer : At this stage of my finite understanding, I am not referring to ETERNAL DEATH but ETERNAL TORMENT. So please take note of this when reviewing and discussing the article - show some integrity by abiding to this statement.

Also the 'Christian' god being referred to is not Yahweh but the god of the 'Christians'.
'Christianity' is also put in invited comas as it is not the real Christianity based on biblical Truths .

Matthew 7:
27.When you follow the wisdom of the world, your life will be full of insecurity and confusion. ....................................................

22.On that final day, there will be many that will want to talk about all the religious things they did that impressed so many people.

;DLike counting the number of people that will go to hell, saying there is no hell, campaigning against tithing etc. LOL grin

23.Then I’ll tell them, and this will be the first time they have ever really heard My voice, You have to leave now, I don’t know you. We were never intimate. All those things you did that you’re so anxious to talk about had nothing to do with Me. You were just using My name to make yourselves look good.

24.Now, everything I’ve told you today is very important. And if you’re wise, you’ll build your lives on it. The wisdom of God is the firm foundation everyone needs.

God, the righteous judge.
Re: The Population Of Hell by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 16, 2014
alexleo:

Jesus spoke about hell fire in many places in the bible. He warned us seriously about it. We will believe Jesus more than you. We don't need your interpretations about it. The words of Jesus about the torments of hell are clear for all to understand. If you like call the church babylon or anything you like, we couldn't be bothered. The words of Jesus about hell fire does not need any church's interpretation for us to understand it. They are clear statements.

Brother, Jesus spoke about Hades not Hell Fire.

Do some homework on what Hades and Sheol stand for and then we can chat, dont be afraid cheesy
Re: The Population Of Hell by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:44am On Jul 16, 2014
frosbel, why u no wan answer my question now?
Re: The Population Of Hell by loveroftruth: 11:29am On Jul 16, 2014
alexleo:

If you are reasonable, which is not a bad thing.

Please, which language did Jesus speak ?

Did Jesus made use of the word "HELL" ?

If no, what words or word did he make used of ?

The reality to the questions above will aid you to come back to your senses.

1 Like

Re: The Population Of Hell by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 16, 2014
Frosbel, if you do not believe in hell, what do you think of the so-called "visions of hell"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? / Secrets To Dealing With Spiritual Cobwebs. / Christ Embassy No Bi Church Walai!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.