Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Kate Henshaw Praises Kunle Afolayan As Role In “roti” Bags AMAA 2018 Nomination - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kate Henshaw Praises Kunle Afolayan As Role In “roti” Bags AMAA 2018 Nomination (547 Views)

What Rita Dominic, Funke Akindele, Others Wore To AMAA 2021 (Photos) / Seyi Shay's Braless Open Chest Outfit To AMAA (Photos) / Oby Ezekwesili Names Genevieve Nnaji, Kemi Adetiba, Others As Role Models (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kate Henshaw Praises Kunle Afolayan As Role In “roti” Bags AMAA 2018 Nomination by Lautechgossip(m): 7:27am On Aug 09, 2018
Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw is on top of the world as her role in Kunle Afolayan’s movie, ‘Roti’ has earned her Africa Movie Academy Award Best Actress Nomination.

Here is how the actress who was nominated last week praised the movie producer and other crew members.

“When @kunleafo approached me about the story “ROTI”, he said he wrote it with me in mind, I didn’t believe him… I thought he wanted a discount on my fees,” she said on Facebook.

“Fast forward to last week Friday @amaawards_ nomination night and I found out I was a nominee..

“Totally unexpected…

“Thank you @amaawards_

“Kunle pushed me and there were times I resented him!! E no send me…He wanted what he wanted.

“@yinka.edward, one of the most gentle and focused cinematographers I know did an awesome job.

“Uncle Pat Nebo did his usual magic with the set design..

“Kunle’s son Darisimire was a true actor….

“Jamiu, Segun and the rest of the crew were truly amazing…

“This nomination is for us all…

“Like Kunle would say ‘IRE’”

The movie which stars Fathia Balogun, Kunle Afolayan, Darimisire Afolayan, Toyin Oshinaike, Kate Henhaw and others was centered on how , years after a couple loses their son called Roti to a brief illness, the wife sees a boy called Juwon who is an exact replica of her dead son. After discovering that Juwon is not a reincarnation of Roti, she is washed anew by grief and soon descends into depression and consequent hysteria.

Kunle Afolayan who initially planned to use Roti and his two other movies as a TV series later upgraded them into films.

http://kikiotolu.com/kate-henshaw-praises-kunle-afolayan-as-role-in-roti-movie-bags-amaa-2018-nomination/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Fynestboi MissyB3

Re: Kate Henshaw Praises Kunle Afolayan As Role In “roti” Bags AMAA 2018 Nomination by teefeh25(f): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2018
Congrats auntie Kate.. old mamma youngee

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The King In Town!! Governor Nyesom Wike Hosts DAVIDO And His Crew At Rivers Gove / Ileya Groove With Deji Achievers Live Band / Davido Slays In Groomsman Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.