Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,713 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 (61079 Views)

FG To Increase Corps Members’ Allowance – NYSC DG / Gov. Ugwuanyi Promises Upward Review Of Corps Members Allowance / Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by Tobycharles: 9:40am On Aug 09, 2018
modelmike7:
Prospective corpers should be patient and wait for the confirmation.
With this government, This is much possible.
We are seeing the positive change everywhere already.
Nigeria will be great.

It's appalling u call this "change" when the election is less than a year...
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by silasely(m): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2018
Election magomago.....pls some one should put me on revised.
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by stasius: 9:43am On Aug 09, 2018
It's even small.
Should be minimum of 60k.
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by veeberry(m): 10:06am On Aug 09, 2018
ALL FOR HIS BID FOR REELECTION. THE INCREASE EVEN IF IMPLEMENTED WILL NOT SEE THE OLD DICTATOR RULE US AGAIN

1 Like

Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 09, 2018
owisdom58:
On Monday, August 6, 2018, a twitter handle, APC Newspaper, which claims to be a social media mouthpiece for the ruling party, All Progressive Congress announced that President Muhammdu Buhari has raised NYSC allowance to N49,800.
This writer, however, tweeted at NYSC to confirm the credibility of the APC Newspaper’s tweet about the allowance increase and @officialnysc replied saying it is a rumour.
Shortly after responding to the tweet that asked the agency to clear the air on the rumour @officialnysc immediately deleted the tweet.
Silverbirdng.com also spoke NYSC official in Edo State about the rumoured allowance increase. The official who prefers to be anonymous however said he is not in the best position to confirm the increase in corps member allowance.
Recall that the Director General, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig. Gen. Suleiman Kazaure recently has reportedly said the Federal Government has already started the review of the NYSC corps members’ allowance.
The DG also said that the Presidency also copied the Ministry of Finance in the letter.
Kazaure announced this on Thursday, August 2, 2018, during a tour of the NYSC orientation camp in Abuja.
https://silverbirdng.com/2018/08/09/nysc-speaks-members-allowance-increase-n19800-n48900/
lalasticlala seun
If corpers believed that the dullardic fossil will pay them 50k per month, Then they need to return their certificate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by cyrus1992(m): 10:14am On Aug 09, 2018
modelmike7:
Prospective corpers should be patient and wait for the confirmation.
With this government, This is much possible.
We are seeing the positive change everywhere already.
Nigeria will be great.

Yes, yes!!!
Of course we are seeing the fabled governmental change.
Poverty, national suffering, and recession.
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by Nlmessenger: 10:34am On Aug 09, 2018
Tedassie:

Lmao...seriously? This your 'hustle' is too much risk,have you considered the fact that i may not be in the city, state or country you are in?

Bros, you don't have to suffer like this. There's a better way
Check my signature
Wey i wan see money to dey travel?
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 11:01am On Aug 09, 2018
teric4love:
Buhari want to create scene again?
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by graphiti: 11:08am On Aug 09, 2018
ericsmith:

Another fake news blogger,, honestly nairaland is the home of gullibles .. to even think that most of the faces behind the monikers are youths & majorly graduate baffles me... there reasoning so incongruous to been learned
what the fvck is "APCNEWSPAPER ", even musicians have many impostors on instagram & twitter.... if its not a verified handle or official insta page ... youths jump & pass make una no lazy

Hold ur peace bruv!
Majority of them know its fake news from a fake handle. That's what's called confirmation bias.
Any news that suits their fancy/supports their views is ''truth/fact" irrespective of the credibility of the source.

APC newspaper ......lols

1 Like

Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by gentlegenius(m): 11:10am On Aug 09, 2018
ehinmowo:

Are u saying 50k is too much as monthly allowance for corps members?

I now see y our leaders feel that certain things are too good for Nigerians.
Not that the amount is too much, but considering the escalating rate at which corps members are churned out every year, it will sooner or later be too difficult for the government to pay that.
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by lekankolade(m): 11:55am On Aug 09, 2018
bennymark:
Not possible, unless they want NLC to shut down the country, you have to increase minimum wage first, how can a Corper earn double the minimum wage?

Did u know what minimum wage is ?
Who earns minimum wage ?
What academic qualification does minimum wage earner has ?
Why can't a CORPER earn more than minimum wage ?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by xandy84: 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2018
Start life? Nigerians and freebie mentality. No government give it citizens money to start life. The duty of government is to creare enable environment for private sector to trive and not share money.

cry
buhariguy:
Is that not too much?
how can government fund that.

Meanwhile
@grupo, I am jealous.
In my days, it was 7,500 before increasing to 9,500.

Infact, I am annoyed with the scheme,
If i am the president, I will scrapped the scheme,
Is a waste of resources and time.
I will rather give the graduates the money like 500,000 to start life.
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by buhariguy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
xandy84:
Start life? Nigerians and freebie mentality. No government give it citizens money to start life. The duty of government is to creare enable environment for private sector to trive and not share money.

cry
so the 50,000 naira monthly is not freebies,

After wasting the money and still come back to square one of unemployment.

Is the 500,000 naira payoff not better than to 50,000 naira monthly which is 600,000 and you will pay salary to nysc staff for doing nothing.
Because to me, nysc is a scam

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by bigdoo: 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Many workers are being owed salaries ranging up to several months, retirees are not paid, some are paid as little as N1000 per month and they have to travel several kilometers to get their N1000. Please make una go borrow some sense. This government is a joke.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by jidexco339: 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2018
It's no something to argue about... The NYSC stipend increase bill was passed and has passed through the First, Second and Third reading by the house and has reached the final stage which is the president signing a bill. With this it has become a law... And before it would take effect necessary ministries will be served letter which has been done for proper processing.However it will take effect hopefully September with those in camp now...
Well all these is not surprising becoz its a political strategy of winning the election .... Jonathan did the same during his regime where he increase it from #9000 to #19800... They always have a way of playing politics at us...
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by jidexco339: 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2018
NYSC is not a scam and it's has achieved it's aim and objectives.
The monthly stipend is a better way of helping the undergraduate.. however even if the stipend is increased to #100,000 today we will still lament, most times the problem is not the government it's always from we the youth.... I have a friend who save part of his monthly stipend of #9000 and is an entrepreneur today same for the one with #19800 who couldn't save a penny due to mismanagement... The stipend is not for us to enjoy service it's to save small amount and start something with it after service . Government will only try their best ..
God bless Nigeria
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by bennymark(m): 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2018
From your comment I know you are a Corper,

You can keep dreaming about the increment

By the way DID you fail GST?

lekankolade:

Did u know what minimum wage is ?
Who earns minimum wage ?
What academic qualification does minimum wage earner has ?
Why can't a CORPER earn more than minimum wage ?
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by xandy84: 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2018
NYSC is never a scam because some people's life have been positively affected by NYSC and unborn children life will still be affected by NYSC. Agreed the scheme has outlived it functions and needs to be refine and broaden it scopes but total cancellation might not be in the interest of the rural communities who relies on the manpower NYSC provides.
NYSC allawee is never a freebies, it's money earn by serving "corpas".

buhariguy:
so the 50,000 naira monthly is not freebies,

After wasting the money and still come back to square one of unemployment.

Is the 500,000 naira payoff not better than to 50,000 naira monthly which is 600,000 and you will pay salary to nysc staff for doing nothing.
Because to me, nysc is a scam
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by teemy(m): 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
buhariguy:
the government cannot fund that and civil servants will also increase their own to 65,000.
Corpers are the lowest in the civil service cadre.
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by eniorisha(m): 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
The report is authentic. It's just DT some selfish idiots & not-well-to-to hopeless public & private employees are trying all within their power to frustrate d laudable step. It may be delayed but this will surely come to pass...
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by blessedqueen(f): 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2018
ct2:
scam 2019,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,go and ask you win winners

what happened to them pls
Re: NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 by tonex360: 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2018
Ayam not understanding...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oversized Khaki Given To A Corper In Ogun State. Photo / Mother & Son NYSC Photos (Before & After) / Female Lieutenant Pours Dirty Water On Corps Member In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.