Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

EFCC Shocks Akpabio, Says Corruption Case Not Closed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Shocks Akpabio, Says Corruption Case Not Closed (347 Views)

Prof Sagay Says Corruption Has Greatly Reduced Under Buhari's Government / APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says / Corruption Case Not Closed - EFCC Tells Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

EFCC Shocks Akpabio, Says Corruption Case Not Closed by Sodiqsoda(m): 9:29am On Aug 09, 2018
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has said the case of alleged fraud involving Senator Godswill Akpabio is not over.

Akpabio had said that he was a man of peace that had no case to answer with the EFCC, adding that the young man who wrote petition against him to the commission could not prove his case

“Those petitions to the EFCC have been sorted out. As I stand today, I have not been charged to court because nothing was found against me,” Akpabio said.

However, the spokesman for the EFCC, Mr Wilson Uwujaren, while responding to Akpabio’s claim, said his case was still ongoing.

When asked by Punch if Akpabio was still under probe, the EFCC spokesman said, “EFCC does not close cases or give clearance to anybody.”

In 2015, Akpabio was accused of diverting over N100bn from the oil-rich state between 2007 and 2015, an allegation which he has denied.

http://www.genloaded.com.ng/efcc-shocks-akpabio-says-corruption-case-not-closed

Re: EFCC Shocks Akpabio, Says Corruption Case Not Closed by chomchom1(f): 9:33am On Aug 09, 2018
Saint akpabio grin...that's y he joined confusetionist party cool

1 Like

Re: EFCC Shocks Akpabio, Says Corruption Case Not Closed by iammo(m): 9:37am On Aug 09, 2018
smiley

1 Like

Re: EFCC Shocks Akpabio, Says Corruption Case Not Closed by Godjone(m): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2018
idiot thief

1 Like

Re: EFCC Shocks Akpabio, Says Corruption Case Not Closed by Mynd44: 9:44am On Aug 09, 2018

(1)

How Lawal Daura Betrayed Buhari – Sacked Dss Boss’s Ex-aide Opens Up / Mukoro Mowoe: Seventy Years After / FG And State Governors Have Agreed To Decentralize Nigeria Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.