Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,038 members, 7,810,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says (17783 Views)

‘There’re Existing Laws’ — Akpabio Says NASS Will Not Review Social Media Bill / Senate Is Stable & Harmonious, No Plans To Impeach Me - Akpabio / Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
The APC government’s style of fighting corruption and poverty is what attracted former Senate minority leader, Godswill Akpabio to the party, the lawmaker says.

Describing the two as twins, Mr Akpabio, after an APC caucus meeting late Tuesday night, praised President Muhammadu Buhari’s leadership style in tackling corruption and poverty..

“The first thing you need to know about the APC, from the point of view of leadership, I am quite impressed.

The president has kept his integrity intact. He has been able to improve the image of Nigeria and restore a lot of respect to Nigeria from the international community. I can assure you that he alone can attract millions of people, he is that infectious.

Of course his stance on corruption and that Nigerians have food on their table is something is applauded all over the world. I have also advocated that he also fights the twin brother of corruption, that is poverty.

“I am joining the APC as a government to stabilise the government and to assist the government to create employment opportunities for Nigerians so that we can fight the twin brother to corruption, which is poverty.

Poverty creates corruption and corruption deepens poverty, so we need to fight the two together. And that is one of the things I find attractive with the APC and believe me with my people in Akwa Ibom State, with my presence in the APC my people in South South have now seen the light and they say APC is the party to vote for come 2019.”

On what was discussed, Mr Akpabio said the meeting deliberated on topical issues in the interest of the country.

“The meeting went very well and a lot of topical issues were discussed bothering on the interests of the Nation.

The resolutions are fantastic and I believe that resolutions will not only move the party forward but will help to alleviate the situation in the country today and Nigerians will be happy for it.”

Mr Akpabio left the opposition party, PDP, to join the ruling APC last month.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/281752-what-i-find-attractive-in-apc-akpabio.html

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by inforesource: 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2018
Very true Sir, APC is very attractive to dose who doesn't want to get caught.

274 Likes 21 Shares

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by buharitill2023: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ok
Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by Truckpusher(m): 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by etebefia: 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
Corruption war without transparency is pure deceit.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by NonsoWow: 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
PDP and APC are one and the same. Nigerians should not be deceived. APGA is the party we should all vote for. The difference would be clear.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by NextGovernor(m): 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
Lol. No different between Prostitute and Nigeria Politians. They both go for highest bidder and where there business can strive without hindrance.

The only diff is that prostitute rips interested individuals while Nigeria politicians rip the whole masses.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by countryfive: 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
Even buhari knows ur lieing

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by SalamRushdie: 3:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hahahahahaha grin grin grin in other words APC style of fighting corruption is toothless grin grin grin

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by Bella55555(f): 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2018
abiiiiiii no be lie wink wink wink wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by gurunlocker: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
Yeah sure.... Why won't it attract you?

Join us and we will drop the charges against you.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by Originality007: 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
grin grin grin because is a selective corruption fight

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by 35824L: 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
A politician of Akpabio's clout and status knows better than deceiving himself with a comatose party like PDP that can no longer win elections. PMB till 2023 is sacrosanct and unstoppable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by SEONaijaExpert: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2018
Never in the history of Nigeria has a sitting President recover so much loots in his adminstration.

President Buhari did it!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
Lol

Journalist and their headlines are funny
Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by marcmao(m): 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
Akpabio is a mad man ... he is mocking APC indirectly

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by tstx(m): 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
Oh Lawd... The Irony

6 Likes

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by eleojo23: 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
Of course, APC's method of fighting corruption is very attractive because once any sinner (looter) joins the party, they become saints...
Ain't that wonderful?

Hallelujah somebody...

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by Sirpaul(m): 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
because you're a political prostitute...

5 Likes

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
muhahahaha

2 Likes

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by selemempe: 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
Only very few people will understand this.

How does APC fight corruption? By shielding their party members and allies

How does APC fight poverty? By sharing the money

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by kennosklint(m): 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
Really
Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by wellmax(m): 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
Selective prosecution you mean

2 Likes

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by Davidini(m): 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
You must be mad

3 Likes

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by UncleJudax(m): 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hahaha. Nigeria sounds like he is writing an SOP for a master application grin
Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
Please sir, can you enlighten us on the ways they have claimed to fight corruption and poverty?

5 Likes

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by gift2xl: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
Smart man I hail we no d business

2 Likes

Re: APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says by AllahsPiggy: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
is Akpabio mocking apc?

forgery is not corruption - apc cheesy

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babachir Lawal Says Tinubu Will Make A Good President / Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed / Senate In Rowdy Session Over Obanikoro’s Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.