Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam (31993 Views)

Why Akpabio Left Keyamo’s Screening For Aso Villa – Senate Spokesperson / Reno Omokri: Lawyer Sponsored By Peter Obi Petitioned EFCC Because Of Me / Coronavirus: FG Seeks National Assembly’s Approval For N500bn Intervention Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by writeprof(m): 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
So, why wait until now to tell us?
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Kennydoc(m): 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You are clearly empty headed and would spin any propaganda as long as its not against your principal.

This is how you keep hopping around from one political benefactor to another and each one you stand with fails. Ask yourself why.

Spreading false news about a fictitious 500billion debt on Akpabio as if Akwa ibom is a country in Nigeria.

Even Lagos as industrial and infrastrural minded as it is and as commercially vibrant as it is had a debt profile of less than 400billion in 2016 and you in your silly nature chose to peddle lies about Akwa ibom having a debt profile of 500billion as at 2015.

Like I said, I have lost the small remaining vestiges of hope I once had in you.

Politics in Nigeria is a stupid and crazy thing. I will never ever be a politician in Nigeria. It makes people lose their personality. People can defend black as white and vice versa simply cos of political stance.

I imagine how this guy would have been butchering Akpabio and the entire PDP based on this article, if this allegation was made 2 months ago. Now, he has become the defender of Akpabio, even fighting for him as much as he would fight for Buhari. Same applies to those in PDP defending the decampees from APC.
Nigerian politics is the worst brand in the world. It's only men without honour that can succeed as politicians in Nigeria.
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Hayzead07(m): 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2018
Yeah he said he left $500 billion debt but he didn’t say he made EFCC freeze the state account. All these bloggers sef. I watched the prog
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by teemy(m): 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Will you just shut it already.
We can all get our opinions known without making it a rowdy session. All the best dear.
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:38pm On Aug 09, 2018
Bizibi:
no mind them,the day akpabio leaves APC they will go back to calling him a thief.
hahahha na so Nigeria be

1 Like

Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by mbaodohgreatest: 6:38pm On Aug 09, 2018
milemimi93:

Hey!
How much are u been paid to post this trash?

When last did you go to AKS? Haven't u seen what Akpabio did? The roads, free and mandatory education and all that?

What has ur Udom done?

Udom that stole billions in the name of building a state house in Lagos.

Park well!
yoga must u try to defend them every time. it might be true it might not. they are playing with ur future u are here defending them.
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by DRPMJ(m): 6:38pm On Aug 09, 2018
milemimi93:

Hey!

When last did you go to AKS? Haven't u seen what Akpabio did? The roads, free and mandatory education and all that?

What has ur Udom done?

Park well!
That the students don't know anything. Send your children to that rubbish school
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by princedano(m): 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2018
Hmmmmmmm and he is moving freely with his own private jet!!!��� what a country ??
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by OttHin: 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2018
Very soon apc will be like

Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Emelcee: 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2018
milemimi93:
So because Akpabio has decamped y'all started counting his flaws? Why didn't this news come up when Akpabio was in PDP?

Y'all try harder.

Sai baba 2023.

Akpabio 2023.

ATTENTION;

Are you one of those asking why some revelations about Akpabio is made now that he has defected to APC, and not while he was in PDP?

My response :
When a Husband and wife quarrel, no one will hear about it. The both couple will act as if all is well, but when one of the couple decided to quit the marriage, that is when you will know how the marriage has been, that's when you will hear how either the husband use to cheat on the wife, or how the wife use to cheat on the husband. The truth is that the true position of the marriage will be exposed.

Now that the marriage between Akpabio and Udom has been severed, you will hear the truth and nothing but the truth about their marriage.

For me, I stand in the path of truth and that is Udom Emmanuel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by bobnatlo(m): 6:49pm On Aug 09, 2018
milemimi93:
So because Akpabio has decamped y'all started counting his flaws? Why didn't this news come up when Akpabio was in PDP?

Y'all try harder.

Sai baba 2023.

Akpabio 2023.

Guy no, u have to follow the story thoroughly to separate facts n sentiments.

Assam was asked by Channels host, y Udom abandoned the Eket Rd leading to Akpabios town for 3yrs. Meanwhile doin other projects.
After Akpabio had installed Udom as gov.

This was one of Akpabios major allegations n greviance against Udom.

Take note that Assam is not in Udoms govt. But a former AG to Akpabio, so is presumably neutral

So he clarified that the Rd was awarded to JB on 13/02/012 to be completed in 12mnths. Assam went ahead to ask channel's hosts y couldn't Akpabio finish the same Rd after 3yrs. When they couldn't answer as a result of lack of investigative journalism on their part.

Assam now clarify that Akpabio handed over a debt profile of 500b. 85b ( not 58b as reported hear) was owed JB alone. So they mortgaged and stalled all their projects in d state, also locking of stadium so they can be paid.

So how can Udom complete same Eket Rd if not by gradually/ monthly paying of JB old debts first. So JB can mobilize back to site when the debt has been paid to a certain extent.

Infact I have in good authority that work has commenced on same Rd for some time now.

Infact Akpabio's man Prof Chris Ekong in d Channel's show was stuttering and babbling like an illiterate when he was asked pointedly to clarify/defend his principal this morning.

This is not about taking sides, but stating the facts.

I get this is politics!
So nothing personal, it's all about personal interest.

I really don't blame him. He's interest is best protected by APC at d moment.

They'll step down his case with EFCC

He'll easily get re-elected in his senatorial zone even in APC

He'll become Senate president from SS, which is also good for APC next term for bal of power.
Today PMB is paddying with Tinubu in APC to much of his own dislike, because that's where his political interest is best protected.

If he remained in Anpp or CPC he would still have remained a regional leader in d north. Today he's in APC and he's d President.

So good luck to Akpabio

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Taidi(m): 6:49pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:
Even you Tonyebarcanista can believe this lie?

Ibibiofirstlady your pain is tangible and I am sorry for you.

Here is a report exposing your lies and actually confirming the debt left by Akpabio which is about 60billion and not your lies of 500billion.

Read and stop your lies

https://guardian.ng/opinion/akwa-iboms-debt-burden/amp/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/202681-former-gov-akpabio-left-n64-5-billion-debt-akwa-ibom-commissioner.html

For the others who refused to research before commenting, this is why you will remain gullible in the hands of politicians and PDP propaganda miscreants

Premium times and guardian are better sources for news than tellnaija.com

What is even tellnaija.com?

Anyhow sha he still left a huge debt
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by akpanbaba: 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2018
Chief Assam Assam is one of the destroyers of Akwa Ibom and he has no right to talk now
Was he not a commissioner in Akwa Ibom under Akpabio and also an Ambassador to Russia?.Did he NOT see the attrocities of Akpabio then?Was he not the first to antogonise Udom when Akpabio brought Udom to Akwa Ibom as a gubernatorial candidate?.He can write all petitions on earth if he is not given money.Am sure if Akpabio doles out money for him now he will sing a new tune.So disgusted about this kind of people in AKS
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Bluehill1051: 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2018
Through out my entire 1 year stay at Akwaibom, I can strongly and boldly say Akpabio really worked. It is no longer news why he should be respected neither should I be surprised at the number of supporters he has. Immediately Udom got in, he surprised us by slashing our allowance by 50%. I can't really point my fingers at one single positive thing Udom has done in the state. Since I was there till this very day, every tangible thing in the state are either the work of Akpabio or a private individual.
I'm not from Akwaibom, so I can't be biased. I say what I see. In summery, just like Babatunde Fashola is to Lagos, Akpabio is likewise to Akwaibom.
I can't think of anyone better to be Senate president if not Akpabio.
Once again, Akpabio really worked. Majority of Akwaibomite respect him. It is very obvious. Forget about sentiments and Paid-Udom-Agents.
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by RexTramadol1: 6:55pm On Aug 09, 2018
milemimi93:

Y'all try harder.

Sai baba 2023.

Akpabio 2023.

Oshiomhole sold him out and opened Akwa ibomites' eyes

Interesting isn't it?

500bn debt is very possible

The stadium n d hospital coupled with road projects gives credence to that statement

But AK people r enjoying what d debt is for, that's the point anyway

Buh APC chair said d state had been governed by robbers, and it means he was one of them.
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Annasnoni: 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
So you know pass Attorney General wey serve under Akpabio abi?
Has Asam Asam just discovered this
Where was he the past 3 years or his mouth or eye suddenly opened!!!!!! Politicians
He was a saint in the state while in pdp and now a lotter because he decamped!!!!
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Minjim: 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Did Apkabio leave the debit yesterday?
Moreover, he didn't say Apkabio stole.
All the things he did with the money can be identified
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Ikpongiton: 7:17pm On Aug 09, 2018
and they waited all this long.this is aiding and abetting.they should be arrested.
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by excel101(m): 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
milemimi93:

Y'all try harder.

Sai baba 2023.

Akpabio 2023.
The reason this came up as a result of PMB or APC'S National Chairman using EFCC to freeze the state's account.
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Emelcee:

ATTENTION;

Are you one of those asking why some revelations about Akpabio is made now that he has defected to APC, and not while he was in PDP?

My response :
When a Husband and wife quarrel, no one will hear about it. The both couple will act as if all is well, but when one of the couple decided to quit the marriage, that is when you will know how the marriage has been, that's when you will hear how either the husband use to cheat on the wife, or how the wife use to cheat on the husband. The truth is that the true position of the marriage will be exposed.

Now that the marriage between Akpabio and Udom has been severed, you will hear the truth and nothing but the truth about their marriage.

For me, I stand in the path of truth and that is Udom Emmanuel.
Annasnoni:

Has Asam Asam just discovered this
Where was he the past 3 years or his mouth or eye suddenly opened!!!!!! Politicians
He was a saint in the state while in pdp and now a lotter because he decamped!!!!
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Ikpongiton: 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
milemimi93:

Hey!

What has ur Udom done?

Park well!
you are here trashing about the roads akpabio built,like we are in the stone age,where people did not know,how much a kilometre of dual carriage with underground drainage cost.
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Tareq1105: 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:
Even you Tonyebarcanista can believe this lie?

Ibibiofirstlady your pain is tangible and I am sorry for you.

Here is a report exposing your lies and actually confirming the debt left by Akpabio which is about 60billion and not your lies of 500billion.

Read and stop your lies

https://guardian.ng/opinion/akwa-iboms-debt-burden/amp/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/202681-former-gov-akpabio-left-n64-5-billion-debt-akwa-ibom-commissioner.html

For the others who refused to research before commenting, this is why you will remain gullible in the hands of politicians and PDP propaganda miscreants

Premium times and guardian are better sources for news than tellnaija.com

What is even tellnaija.com?

Thanks, I've read it. It was #64b as confirmed by the commissioner of Finance of the state and not #500b as reported here.

That explains why I always advise that we should be fair and fear God in making contribution.

The politicians you're supporting don't even care about you and that's if he knows you from Adam.

So, why would you allow Angels in heaven to record lies against your person over nothing?

Don't allow God to judge you over nothing.

We should also try to be civil in our contributions.

When you insult people in authority you also shall be insulted when you get close there.

Nigeria problems are numerous and they are spiritual too. Keep changing leadership, the problems will remain.

Power problems have been there as far back as 1980s. Successive govts have tried.

Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalaam, Obasanjo, Yar adua, Jonathan and now Busari. They all spent trillions but what do we have today? Darkness and darkness.

Bring another leader tomorrow, na same same.

One musician sang Nigeria jagajaga, everything scatter scatter in 2005 during Obasanjo and Mr president got angry with him.

What has changed?

Our problem is the same elites we're supporting and praising. So so so person has decamped to so so so Party. Let me ask you, how does that put food on your family's table. How does that pay your children school fees and your rent?

You don't even know his main reason for decamping which is usually personal and selfish.

Do you know if the person was given money to decamp? And if yes, is he prepare to share it with you?

May God open our inner eyes to see the real enemies of our dear nation.
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by megareal: 7:55pm On Aug 09, 2018
Please, this is no news to most of us. We've known that Akpabio left huge debts for Udom. We've also known that Udom is sweating to pay off those debts....

1 Like

Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by fairview: 7:57pm On Aug 09, 2018
The Nigerian youth are just displaying their ignorant on Nairaland here defending or opposing politicans. When EFCC was after him, everybody are saying PMB is after opposition. Now the man is in APC, everybody including his governor and PDP start saying rubbish.

We allow tribalism and political sentiment to override our number 6
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by pryme(m): 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
Penaldo:

APC can never defeat Udom even if they have 100 Akpabios

Hahahaha,
Clearly you have no idea who Akpabio is.

1 Like

Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Obierika(m): 7:59pm On Aug 09, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

It's the Accountant General that should have the facts concerning the debt profile of the state a d not the Attorney General.

This guy is talking rubbish!
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by milemimi93(m): 8:07pm On Aug 09, 2018
DRPMJ:

That the students don't know anything. Send your children to that rubbish school

that a student doesn't catch up with learning doesn't mean the school is rubbish.
Some children are slow learners some are block heads.

Swear u or any of ur relative ain't benefited from the free and mandatory school.

Stop the hate!

1 Like

Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by MrFly(m): 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2018
Read between d lines! Y expose him now rather than 2 weeks ago when he was still with PDP? I see this as a propaganda sponsored by 'Ufien' sorry Udom
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by McDoe(m): 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2018
Where were you since? Stupid politician
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Tareq1105: 8:54pm On Aug 09, 2018
megareal:
Please, this is no news to most of us. We've known that Akpabio left huge debts for Udom. We've also known that Udom is sweating to pay off those debts....

Did he complain to you?

Would Udom not leave debt for whoever will come after him?

I beg, leave story they are all the same.
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by mechanics(m): 9:01pm On Aug 09, 2018
But EFCC has said they didn't freeze any account belonging to akwa-ibom govt.
Re: 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 09, 2018
milemimi93:

Y'all try harder.

Sai baba 2023.

Akpabio 2023.

please don't talk like this and remain in Diaspora, please join us and witness the tsunami.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Nkem Okeke, Deputy Governor, Fails To Win Own Polling Unit / Fayose Is On The Road To Self-destruction — Prof. Sagay / US Cancels Three Reps’ Visas Over Sex Scandal, Dogara Orders Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.