Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel (10308 Views)

Strike: FG Okays 30 Days Implementation Of Mou With Labour / FG Okays Re-Opening Of Seme Border For Vehicle Importation / We Gave (BRIBE) Lawmakers N17bn To Pass 2015 Budget - Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by Princess4ng(f): 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2018
Elliot2:
let's just pray that d device bring d desired change. good thing is,a naija man is behind d tech.

lets pray to continue hearing the good thing the device will do........ in the next 2 months... we wont hear about it again..... SMH
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2018
tiwiex:

The device name sef is suspect. Technology something something and its new in the market. Lol. No way to verify since it's new. They covered that track already. PDP was better at this stuff. By the way, how CRM software go monitor fuel? CRM na customer management na.

Bros an ERP is all they need Oracle have systems for exactly this
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by FarahAideed: 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2018
olaolaking:
It is obvious you didn't pass your WAYEC

You zombies can keep fooling yourselves but I know what I read
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by BigSarah(f): 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2018
BigSarah:
This government will never run out of format cheesy
See as Fulani Don cash out 17bn I swear no bigger mugu than south, I weep for 2019 and beyond
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by ikorodureporta: 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2018
Y dnt u jst giv me a billie & use d remaining 16b for whareva nonsense u feel like usin it for
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by Chinwolot(m): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2018
"automated fuel system management and censor network" A computer management system that costs N17bn. I hail Nigerian Politicians. I thought that vp Osinbaba is a professor? What happened to just acquiring a CRM software and administering it into the system to give you this information in question? What happened to Salesforce CRM, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Oracle Sales Cloud....etc and non costs more than $500/m,and you can even buy of Microsoft CRM licence for less than $1000.... or maybe we buying the whole of Salesforce, or Oracle, or Microsoft as a company?.

Ok, maybe I'm mistaken, now I see....it is a device. Please how big and/or gigantic is this device that made it to cost this much? Will it be mounted in the middle of the pacific, or at the center of the sahara, or shot into space to make it cost this much? What is the composition of this device, is it a robot, or built with alien technology to make it cost this much? So how much will you pay the person operating this machine? Will he/she be paid the usual N18,000 minimum wage to operate the N17bn device? or will we employ aliens from space, since it is their technology?.

Please name this device and the company that built it. Or maybe the device dosent have a name. Maybe the company that built it was created for the ole purpose of building the device and after building it, they closed down. And maybe they had no address here on earth because its an alien tech , therefore built on a space ship travelling 1million light years from the future to bring us the device.

Please everybody should respect himself in this country. Nobody has been holding nobody accountable for stealing money in this country, you hold both the yam and the knife,so eat it the way you like, do it the usual way and stop putting our intelligence into cajole and ridicule. N17bn device my foot.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by itu404(m): 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2018
Good moves all loopholes must be blocked for good accountability.
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by VULCAN(m): 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
Their madness carry anointing.

FarahAideed:
Just imagine ..they say they are not paying subsidy but yet they want to buy a technology for 17 billion Naira to help in subsidy payments .... are these people not mad ?
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by chuxiano: 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2018
Omooba77:
FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel | Independent Newspapers Nigeria.

Abuja – Controversies over the actual amount of fuel consumed daily by Nigerians, including the huge funds which goes into subsidy payment, have compelled Acting President Yemi Osinbajo to approve the acquisition of a special monitoring technology.

About N17 billion was approved for the device which will track the importation and distribution of fuel products within the country.

It will among other benefits gauge how many litres of refined products come into the country, whether products are diverted to other locations or not, actual places where products are being diverted to.

The technology which is relatively new will be piloted for a period of one year before it will be institutionalised.

Ibe Kachikwu, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, made the disclosure after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting on Wednesday.

He said, “Council approved the installation of technology monitoring schemes and structures under Petroleum Equalisation Fund (PEF) for total sum of N17 billion.

“It is for the automated fuel system management and censor network.

“The narrative is that we have all struggled with this whole subsidy payment and how much is consumed in Nigeria, volumes of products moved out illegally and the whole impact on FAAC accounts.

“The president has given a very serious mandate that we ought to rein in on his process. The essence of what PEF is doing is that this will enable us track refined petroleum product movement from the point of LC (letter of credit) opening from the vessels that come into Nigeria, up until the point where they are discharged into tanks in Nigeria, and from the tanks through trucks in Nigeria, monitor the trucks till they deliver the products into the storage tanks for the filling stations and they are discharged and sold.

“So, that will produce a 100 percent holistic monitoring of this production. For the first time we will be able to tell how much petroleum products we consume in this country.

“Because there has been so much going on in terms of the movement of consumption numbers from thirty something million litres a day to 70 million litres to 18 million litres a day during the difficult times.

https://independent.ng/fg-okays-n17bn-for-acquisition-of-monitoring-device-for-fuel/

What happened to the Aquila project
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/pef-records-success-on-project-aquila-test-run/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/subsidy-nigeria-saved-n400bn-through-project-aquila-outgoing-pef-boss/
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by Elliot2(m): 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2018
Princess4ng:

lets pray to continue hearing the good thing the device will do........ in the next 2 months... we wont hear about it again..... SMH
if dis device is my nigga's,then i trust his sincerity.
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by Princess4ng(f): 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2018
Elliot2:
if dis device is my nigga's,then i trust his sincerity.

its alright..........
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by Codes151(m): 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2018
Sth to monitor fuel is what we pay 60m dollars? Why are we this foolish...?

This is the problem.. When u don't put people with sense in offices.. DPR came in 2016 with recruitment and left scamming people... This is the product...

A device to monitor flow of liquid.. A simple sensor, a program and housing. Basically in layman's term similar to a fuel meter pump in the fuel station ...

Nigeria isnt just corrupt.
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by Akins2luv(m): 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2018
Which kind money them they waste now.....
Make them come Edo.... Give those mama we dey fly for day and night time just #500 each..... Them go monitor not only the oil.... Even Nigeria join.... Not even drop go miss

Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by Birikiti: 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2018
GSA01:
The innovation in this Government to block all sharp practices is unprecedented, at least this will checkmate marketers that tend to divert fuel from one unknown location to another, Kudos to the acting President..

Many are responding without knowing the nitty gritty of the proposed device/technology.

The issues surrounding the diversion of petroleum products ae so huge that it defies the simplistic solutions being proffered on here. All across the supply chain, you have to fend off Nigerians who are ready to sabotage any system for personal gains! The only way to checkmate them is the use of technological controls (like the proposed solution) that will have minimal human interference.

This will save the country a whole lot by confirming true consumption levels and cut out smuggling of products across the borders.

Nothing political, this is a very smart move!
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by Akins2luv(m): 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2018
Please everybody should respect himself in this country. Nobody has been holding nobody accountable for stealing money in this country, you hold both the yam and the knife,so eat it the way you like, do it the usual way and stop putting our intelligence into cajole and ridicule. N17bn device my foot.[/quote]

Uncle you don they vex ooooooo......
Even me wey I never chop #1 from this country money before.... Except my mama money....... Come they fear.... Lolssss cheesy grin grin wink
But u are right bro

Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by biztip: 2:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
even if they buy monitoring spirit nothing will change. as long as those who are given d job are corrupt there won't be any positive result
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by Weareone202: 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2018
Pls make someone help me with the name of that technology
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by snipesdam(m): 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2018
Funny Country.
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 09, 2018
rubbish 17bn will revamp our refineries and build new ones, its a disappointment coming from the commissioner himself.
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by deomelo: 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2018
maoolakanm:
Some people have just hammered.This is an absolute waste of resources going by the fact that Dangote fuel was being expected by 2019.What will become of such devices when we do not need to import fuel.

Well said.

I appreciate the innovation, but it's a little bit too late especially considering the fact that with Dangote refinery coming on line in less than 2 years and satisfying all our fuel need.
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by Birikiti: 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2018
deomelo:

Well said.

I appreciate the innovation, but it's a little bit too late especially considering the fact that with Dangote refinery coming on line in less than 2 years and satisfying all our fuel need.

Well PEF is an equalization fund. This means that they help to balance the price of products across the country. So Dangote refinery will not really affect their operations. Fraudulent folks might load products in Lagos meant for Yola in Adamawa and instead deliver to Cameroun while still trying to claim transportation subsidy. This system effectively eliminates that practice.

So even with the Dangote refinery operational, this device/system is still very much needed
Re: FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel by DaCharis2016: 8:16pm On Aug 09, 2018
FarahAideed:
Just imagine ..they say they are not paying subsidy but yet they want to buy a technology for 17 billion Naira to help in subsidy payments .... are these people not mad ?
It is not what the write up said you're interpreting. N17 bn isn't for subsidy payment, it is for the purchase of a tracking device to track and monitor fraudulent activities of the lifters or transporters from the terminal to their destinations.

I believe you're aware of their activities in diverting petroleum products? With such device, they can quantity the actual volume of the products consumed by nigerians daily.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Warns Against Attacking ‘Legitimate’ Fulani Herdsmen / Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments / Okorocha: Buhari Has Promised To Take Up My EFCC Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.