Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Impeaching Buhari: Bad News For Pdp. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impeaching Buhari: Bad News For Pdp. (382 Views)

Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari / Aisha Buhari: Bad People Have Taken Over The Country From Us / Saraki Repeated Atiku’s Mistake, Regrets Not Impeaching Buhari – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impeaching Buhari: Bad News For Pdp. by pathogen: 10:01am On Aug 09, 2018
There has been rumors that the senate would try to impeach the president. i wouldn't waste your time with all the details you already know of, lets boil down to what the effect would be if this ever happens and who stands to benefit.

PDP: impeaching Buhari would spell doom for PDP. In fact impeaching Buhari automatically means APC would win in 2019. The problem Nigerians have with the Nation is with the president and the presidency and not necessarily the party, and if i must be honest, with the majority of the North. Nigerians feel that the presidency has made governance a northern affair and he has turned a blind eye on others. Nobody really has a problem with Osibanjo who is next in line for the presidency if Buhari is ever impeached. He is loved in the north and adored in the west and with his recent move of sacking the DSS director, a man the president couldn't control, i must confess his political capital has skyrocketed as a matter of fact APC would have a whole lot more support if they ran Osibanjo as president and Buhari as vice but then we know that would never happen grin grin. However, we know that the North and the West would massively support Osibanjo and we know from history that if the North and West pool their vote for a candidate, that candidate would definitely emerge victorious. Trust me impeaching Buhari wouldn't be in PDPs favour.

APC: The master, all encompassing sacrifice that would redeem this party is if Buhari looses his seat. That's all APC needs to survive. if this happens, Osibanjo would win by a land slide. However the chances of impeaching a seating president in Nigeria is about the same chance a snowball has in hell. Right now, the only who that is who in the APC is Tinubu and he alone cant hold that party down for a victory. please don"t say Oshiomole, his influence doesn't exceed one inch from Edo state boundaries. Impeaching Buhari would be the best thing to happen to APC.

Summarily, the way to maintain power is the same way with which you got into power. the APC got into power by blaming the former government and calling them out for all the wrong things the APC claimed they did. The people bought into this and they made PDP pay by voting them out. The way for the APC to keep power is to make someone pay. Give the people someone to blame, someone with whom all the sins of this administration could be hanged on, an act that could make the people put aside all their grievances against this administration, this someone must be someone big, someone big enough he stands for the party and the party stands for him. does that sound like anybody? Yes it does. That's Buhari. If the APC can successfully put him aside and run with Osibanjo instead, they are saved.

P.S. These are my thoughts, if you have contrary opinions bring them on. sad
Re: Impeaching Buhari: Bad News For Pdp. by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 09, 2018
That's Buhari. If the APC can successfully put him aside and run with Osibanjo instead, they are saved.

This your point is beautiful....very beautiful.
Re: Impeaching Buhari: Bad News For Pdp. by dukie25: 10:10am On Aug 09, 2018
We'll impeach him first and wait for any resultant consequence.
Re: Impeaching Buhari: Bad News For Pdp. by adekennis(m): 10:41am On Aug 09, 2018
pathogen:
There has been rumors that the senate would try to impeach the president. i wouldn't waste your time with all the details you already know of, lets boil down to what the effect would be if this ever happens and who stands to benefit.

PDP: impeaching Buhari would spell doom for PDP. In fact impeaching Buhari automatically means APC would win in 2019. The problem Nigerians have with the Nation is with the president and the presidency and not necessarily the party, and if i must be honest, with the majority of the North. Nigerians feel that the presidency has made governance a northern affair and he has turned a blind eye on others. Nobody really has a problem with Osibanjo who is next in line for the presidency if Buhari is ever impeached. He is loved in the north and adored in the west and with his recent move of sacking the DSS director, a man the president couldn't control, i must confess his political capital has skyrocketed as a matter of fact APC would have a whole lot more support if they ran Osibanjo as president and Buhari as vice but then we know that would never happen grin grin. However, we know that the North and the West would massively support Osibanjo and we know from history that if the North and West pool their vote for a candidate, that candidate would definitely emerge victorious. Trust me impeaching Buhari wouldn't be in PDPs favour.

APC: The master, all encompassing sacrifice that would redeem this party is if Buhari looses his seat. That's all APC needs to survive. if this happens, Osibanjo would win by a land slide. However the chances of impeaching a seating president in Nigeria is about the same chance a snowball has in hell. Right now, the only who that is who in the APC is Tinubu and he alone cant hold that party down for a victory. please don"t say Oshiomole, his influence doesn't exceed one inch from Edo state boundaries. Impeaching Buhari would be the best thing to happen to APC.

Summarily, the way to maintain power is the same way with which you got into power. the APC got into power by blaming the former government and calling them out for all the wrong things the APC claimed they did. The people bought into this and they made PDP pay by voting them out. The way for the APC to keep power is to make someone pay. Give the people someone to blame, someone with whom all the sins of this administration could be hanged on, an act that could make the people put aside all their grievances against this administration, this someone must be someone big, someone big enough he stands for the party and the party stands for him. does that sound like anybody? Yes it does. That's Buhari. If the APC can successfully put him aside and run with Osibanjo instead, they are saved.

P.S. These are my thoughts, if you have contrary opinions bring them on. sad

How far bro, na Oshogbo weed? Pass me abeg if e remain.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your PVC ...akwa Ibom State University Urges Students. / 3rd Mainland Bridge For Temporary Closure From August 23 / State Coordinators For Youth Arise 2019 Movement; Application Now Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.