Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? (2404 Views)

The Many Sins And Corruption Of The Obasanjo Administration / CIA In Nigeria:the Obasanjo Curious Connection / The Obasanjo's Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by topisdo: 2:58pm On Mar 29, 2007
Where are the ObASANJO FANS IN HE HOUSE?
Obasanjo i said, not PDP. mE I AM ONE.
lETS SAY SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT BABA FOR DEMMA TO SEE.
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by OmoEko1(f): 2:59pm On Mar 29, 2007
I like him becos his from my mum homeland cheesy cheesy
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2007
big sick gorrilla, dats wat he is angry
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by OmoEko1(f): 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2007
kamura:

big sick gorrilla, that is what he is angry

Y are u dissing him. if u are not his fan then leave.

U don't have to write your 2 cents down angry angry angry

I don't understand we Nigerians somethimes

how can we laugh and say other negative things about our presidents,

but when other people does same thing, everyone goes nuts/ crazy.

For example, when that Liberian girl started a thread about how ugly our president is, i don't blame her becos we gave

her the chance to do so.
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by globalaid(m): 6:45am On Mar 30, 2007
you should count me out, obasanjo to me is a big failure, the most useless president nigeria has ever had
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 30, 2007
Dat man call Mr President thinks this country belongs to me. Kind of running the country like a family business.

He should go back to Otta and manage his farm.

He is a farmer, not a politician angry
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 30, 2007
I like him because his from my mum homeland

Is that a reason
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by dayokanu(m): 7:36am On Mar 30, 2007
Yeah for crippling NEPA, increasing oil prices like 10 times, Niger-Delta got better with OBJ grin
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by dblock(m): 7:57am On Mar 30, 2007
I am a OBJ Fan, but I wanted Olufalae(Or is it Olufalaye) to win the 99 elections
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Afam(m): 9:05am On Mar 30, 2007
Na wah for Nigerians, if you are not a fan of OBJ then don't bother posting on this thread as the title is clear enough.

I am one of his fans for the simple reason that he decided to tackle corruption head on even though he is not perfect and more needs to be done.

But for starting a process that will help Nigeria and Nigerians in the long run, I support him.

If we can tackle corruption in Nigeria we can tackle any other thing.
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by joshO: 9:35am On Mar 30, 2007
I'm a supporter of OBJ in spite of his inperfections,  I admire him mostly for his
courage and wisdom in engaging the likes of Chukwuma Soludu, Dora Akinluyi, Okonji Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili, El Rufai, Ribadu, Irene Chigbue,  Ernest Ndukwe etc,  Our past leaders played politics with everything and our lives, 

(As I list out this names, it's hard to ignore that most of the over-achievers in Nigerian goverment today are Igbos!!! hmmmm ,  and some Hausa).
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by GNature(m): 9:46am On Mar 30, 2007
I agree with Afam.

OBJ by no means is flawless, but he has set a stage for fighting corruption in Nigeria. I don't think it is a mere coincidence that we received a BB- rating from Fitch international. We did not receive an A, but we are atleast getting somewhere.

Also, the foreign exchange rate of $1 to N128 (I think its N128 - N135) has been fairly stable in the last couple of years. I also credit OBJ for bringing some sanity to our Banking industry in Nigeria. Charles Soludo's N25 billion capitalization requirement means Nigerians can make bank deposits and safely sleep at night without fear of liquidation.

I really wish Obasanjo had started his National Integrated Power Project (NIPP) right from 1999 so we can have some relief by now with our power situation in the country. Another thing that baffles me about Obasanjo's administration is how the federal government owes so many contrators and retirees billions of naira; also, we continue to take world bank loans, even though we have over $40 billion in reserves.

The money we owe our road contractors and retirees is not even up to $3 billion, Why not pay them off so they can rest in peace when the funds are available ? It really puzzles me.
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by GNature(m): 9:54am On Mar 30, 2007
joshO:

I'm a supporter of OBJ in spite of his inperfections,  I admire him mostly for his
courage and wisdom in engaging the likes of Chukwuma Soludu, Dora Akinluyi, Okonji Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili, El Rufai, Ribadu, Irene Chigbue,  Ernest Ndukwe etc,  Our past leaders played politics with everything and our lives, 

(As I list out this names, it's hard to ignore that most of the over-achievers in Nigerian goverment today are Igbos!!! hmmmm ,  and some Hausa).

That is what you get for having a Southerner as President !  People were given portfolios based on their competence, not their ethnicity. People like Ezekwesili, Soludo, Okonjo-Iweala were all OBJ's advisers and he was so impressed with them that he made them ministers.

I recall Ezekwesili wanted to remain at the Due Process office, but OBJ insisted that she be a minister.

There is this lady named Ifueko Omoigui, she heads the Federal Inland Revenue Service. She is also doing a fantastic job !
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Bolarge(m): 10:03am On Mar 30, 2007
joshO:

courage and wisdom in engaging the likes of Chukwuma Soludu, Dora Akinluyi, Okonji Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili, El Rufai, Ribadu, Irene Chigbue,  Ernest Ndukwe etc
  And this just goes to buttress the fact that being a leader is not about being the smartest. It's about employing the services of the smartest.

GNature:

People were given portfolios based on their competence, not their ethnicity. People like Ezekwesili, Soludo, Okonjo-Iweala were all OBJ's advisers and he was so impressed with their them that he made them ministers.
   . . Yes O! Putting round pegs in round holes irrespective of ethnic or any other affiliations.
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Axiomlogic(m): 11:14am On Mar 30, 2007
Obasanjo, Hate him,love him,he is unmistaken Nigerian's Finest leader.Here is a man ,Fate has blessed to lead Nigeria 2ce not once.And on both occassion history has proven he is the best man to lead this country.

rewind 1976. Nigeria Airways had 26 well maintained aircraft.
Fast forward 1999,Nigeria Airways had no aircraft just an hanger full of junk parts.
Present day 2007.Virgin Nigeria,a new baby of OBJ inward thinking is doing Nigeria proud.

rewind 1998.Abacha awarded 4 GSM License to 1 company,CELIA MOTOPHONE,7000 LINES
fastforward 2001 OBJ awarded 4 GSM license to 4 companies,rollout 1 million lines
Present day 2007 ,4 Gsm Operators 23 million lines,3G lines on its way

NIPP,National Intergrated Power Project,Possibilities endless

Human Resources: Soludo,Iweala,Kapor,Oby Ezewesili,FFK

Nigsat 1,Nigcommsat 1

Banking Reforms, GTB's Eurobond,1st Bank 's Wall st Bond.

External Debt Payment.

It takes purposeful leadership to achieve this despite the distractions of a looting Atiku,a thieving Alams,

Obj is Nigeria's Man of the Century,as my Oga would say Baba of Africa ,no rival
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by GNature(m): 11:35am On Mar 30, 2007
Axiomlogic:

GTB's Eurobond,     1st Bank 's Wall st Bond.

Excellent mention!!

You don't know how happy I was when I read about this. When Europeans and Americans can buy bonds in GTB and 1st Bank, it means we have made progress !!  These are indigenous Nigerian Banks and we are talking about the Non-oil sector. This is just a classic example of foreign direct investment.

OBJ's hard fight on corruption has created an environment in which our banks can raise bonds abroad. I swear, I was so happy when I read about this.

For those that say Abacha was Better than OBJ, do you think indigenous Nigerian banks could raise millions of dollars/euros by issuing their bonds overseas during Abacha's tenure ? I think we all know the obvious answer to this question.
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by toshmann(m): 11:41am On Mar 30, 2007
i like am b/c he stopped IBB from coming back

also he always wears agbada for international conference when other african leaders wear coat. i love him for that.

he doesn't pretend to be polished. he is himself always. i like am for these reasons. . . . . . . e get other reasons why i loathe am too, but no be for this thread.
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by OmoEko1(f): 11:47am On Mar 30, 2007
kamura:

Is that a reason
re u okay sha, what's ur business with my comment.
don't let me start with u ohhhhhhhhhhhh. angry angry angry angry angry

@topic
i will always support that guy anyday anytime
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Axiomlogic(m): 11:55am On Mar 30, 2007
grin that is a true African Leader,No pretence,just himself

Baba of Africa

Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by topisdo: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2007
Yes, he is arguably the most respected African leader after Mandela
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by topisdo: 4:36pm On Mar 30, 2007
Yes, i agree with u he is a farmer and not a politician. He is so liberal that he does not bribe courts (judges) as some do, also, he owns no media house to sing his prasie everyday. If i keep talkin about him i won't leave this place. We are missing him already (i mean the truly educated fellas here).
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Bankole01(m): 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2007
Axiomlogic:

grin that is a true African Leader,No pretence,just himself

Baba of Africa
Baba indeed, a man who would use the word "go to hell" to a man of the cloth is no baba figure, not to me at least. A true African leader he is: crass, uncouth and uncultured. As for being most respected in Africa after Mandela, that was before he showed his real self, just another African pariah and desport.

"He is a big sick gorilla" that is pitting it more succinctly. This is what most people think of him.
Anyone can go on any thread whether they agree with your theme or not.
I definitely dislike the man for missing a big chance to manke a difference in the polity. To me, he is the dumbest leader in the world.
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Axiomlogic(m): 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2007
Bankole01:

"He is a big sick gorilla" that is pitting it more succinctly. This is what most people think of him.
Anyone can go on any thread whether they agree with your theme or not.
I definitely dislike the man for missing a big chance to manke a difference in the polity. To me, he is the dumbest leader in the world.

Bankole,You have indeed fail to see the good in the man and history would judge you wrong.What big chance did he miss ? A big chance for government business to continue as usual or a big chance to institutional sweeping ?

You tell me the big chance
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Bankole01(m): 5:58pm On Mar 30, 2007
The big chance to institutionalize democracy, unit the nation, sweep away corruption, good infrastucture, good schools which are not perpetually on stike, good health facilities, run away inflation, (what about water, light and housing-in Fela's words).

Rewrite a good constitution for the nation, not one to perpetuate himself.

The chance to realy make a difference in the people's day to day life, and not not making life harder for the people.

Obasanjo failed and will forever be known as the president who earned a lot but failed to make a difference. He is an evil egotistical maniacal desport.
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Bankole01(m): 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2007
"he has set a stage for fighting corruption in Nigeria" and quickly went to work dismantling it!
The truth is went through the motions and pretence of fighting corruptions.
EFCC was set up to do this and if he had left Ribadu alone, he would have done a good job of going after the like of Bode George, Anenih, Jimoh Ibrahim, Ali and a whole lot of the president's thiefing friends
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Axiomlogic(m): 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2007
@ Bankole,It is easy for you to sit in your condo and say all the great things you want OBJ to achieve in his Presidency.
Democracy has been Institutionalize,check out the number of people jostling to get elected into various offices across the state and how no candidate has an edge over the other.
Nigeria has been united more than ever,the cries of marginalization exist only in the minds of few rent seeking individuals.OBJ's government has given High profile positions to qualified minorities.
Infrastucture redevelopment is coming late all thanks to an un waiving commitment to global best practice and due process in award of contracts.A solid foundation has been laid for more work in Infrastucture development,a case study is the NIPP.
Education is undergoing a radical reform which would see Nigeria's educational system becoming world class,all thanks to a visionary minister appointed by Obj WHO IS NOW TO RESUME As a VP in THE WORLD BANK.
With his reform Agenda he is making an Impact in people's lives,it will take only the discerning to see it.Look all around you and tell you cant find a single landmark achievement of OBJ's leadership
EFCC,, Media is a powerful tool that makes people believe what they want the people to believe.Time would judge if EFCC is right in its approach or not
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by creamdream: 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2007
OBJ get fans, wonders shallnever end, you are on your own, i beg make all ATICulate Atiku fans say AC for life!!
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Axiomlogic(m): 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2007
this is a thread fo OBJ not an Alliance of Corruption members,so stay off.
creamdream:

OBJ get fans, wonders shallnever end, you are on your own, i beg make all ATICulate Atiku fans say AC for life!!

This is an OBJ thread not an Alliance of corruption thread.AC ko AC ni,OLE PEOPLE.
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by GNature(m): 6:39pm On Mar 30, 2007
Bankole01:

The big chance to institutionalize democracy, unit the nation, sweep away corruption, good infrastucture, good schools which are not perpetually on stike, good health facilities, run away inflation, (what about water, light and housing-in Fela's words).

Rewrite a good constitution for the nation, not one to perpetuate himself.

The chance to realy make a difference in the people's day to day life, and not not making life harder for the people.

Obasanjo failed and will forever be known as the president who earned a lot but failed to make a difference. He is an evil egotistical maniacal desport.

Bankole,

So basically what you are saying is that OBJ should have completely solved all of Nigeria's problems within 8 years in office ! Listen, I have said this earlier, I said OBJ is not flawless. The man has made mistakes, no doubt. But at the sametime, there are some achievements that have been made since he has been in office.

As far as the laundry list of problems you have listed are concerned, no one can solve all those problems in 8 years ! No one.

People are under the impression that Nigeria is so rich because we are the 7th/8th largest oil exporter in the world. Nigeria's GDP, with our population of 140 million is estimated at $77 billion. That makes our per capita income less than $600

Now, New York City is estimated to have about 8 million inhabitants. Do you know what NYC's GDP is ? A whopping $413.9 billion !! That is just for 8 million people !! Do you now see the meaning of wealth ! Bear in mind that NYC has no Navy, No Army or Air force to cater for.

There is no way anyone can provide all that laundry list of yours with our meager resources. You understand !!

I have given you the numbers, so quit relying on what you read on the news or from critics as a means of judging OBJ's administration. It is going to take years of continued growth in GDP before we can reduce poverty and increase our standard of living in Nigeria.
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by creamdream: 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2007
Axiomlogic:

this is a thread fo OBJ not an Alliance of Corruption members,so stay off.
This is an OBJ thread not an Alliance of corruption thread.AC ko AC ni,OLE PEOPLE.
  i blame you?, when your mumu mankey president wannna be president for life, imsubjects for monkey dey wait for am for zoo o, o better still for jungle, obj's mate for monkey no dey chop Banana again o, na kolanut dem dey chop, lawless president, no regard for the rule of law, his romm at the prison isstill vacant, and he will surely go back there greedy man!!
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by GNature(m): 6:48pm On Mar 30, 2007
Bankole,

[Continuing from where I left off]

And in order to increase our GDP, we need to focus on the non-oil sector. That is why you saw the reform in the banking sector, that is why you saw the reform in our telecommunications, that is why you saw the reform in our federal work force (we cannot spend 15% - 20% of our revenues taking care of federal employees, much of which are redundant), that is why you saw the winding down of Nigeria Airways and the entrance of Virgin Airways and Arik Air.

You would also notice that OBJ has placed lots of emphasis on going into farming. Cassava Production has tripled since he has been in office, and states like Delta and Cross River are investing heavily in Agriculture.

It is all aimed at increasing our GDP through the non-oil sector. This is not a feat that one achieves overnight, OBJ inherited a big rot and it is going to take time to feel the impact of his reform program. But we are on the right track.
Re: Where Are The Obasanjo Fans In The House? by Bankole01(m): 6:49pm On Mar 30, 2007
Axiomlogic:

@ Bankole,It is easy for you to sit in your condo and say all the great things you want OBJ to achieve in his Presidency.
Democracy has been Institutionalize,check out the number of people jostling to get elected into various offices across the state and how no candidate has an edge over the other.
Nigeria has been united more than ever,the cries of marginalization exist only in the minds of few rent seeking individuals.OBJ's government has given High profile positions to qualified minorities.
Infrastucture redevelopment is coming late all thanks to an un waiving commitment to global best practice and due process in award of contracts.A solid foundation has been laid for more work in Infrastucture development,a case study is the NIPP.
Education is undergoing a radical reform which would see Nigeria's educational system becoming world class,all thanks to a visionary minister appointed by Obj WHO IS NOW TO RESUME As a VP in THE WORLD BANK.
With his reform Agenda he is making an Impact in people's lives,it will take only the discerning to see it.Look all around you and tell you can't find a single landmark achievement of OBJ's leadership
EFCC,, Media is a powerful tool that makes people believe what they want the people to believe.Time would judge if EFCC is right in its approach or not

Sorry sir: I disagree that education is going through a reform. I am from the old school, a month of sitting for School Cert, HSC and the university which only the top students can get into. Schools were destroyed by the military, but Obasanjo when he should have helped improving the quality, was too busy engaging in words of attrition and war.
Democracy on th other hand, went to the dogs not to the people. Is a fact that most people jockeying for offices in this times of Obasanjo brand of 'do or die' politics are a bunch of thugs, thieves, cutthroats, unintelligent killers, who are out for self and not the collective.

Infrastructure is coming late! yea much much later if we go by precedence, even though inflated contracts have been awarded to friends and cronies of the president, we know nothing will get done and the people will walk away with money without any repercussions. What is the excuse of letting the infrastructure crumble amid a wash of revenue accruing to the nation. Go to Dubai and see what the leaders did with their oil money.

I will be a fool to say Obasanjo did not achieve or record any developments or good deeds, but he is like a man with his foot in his mouth, one step forward and five back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mossob Orders Ndigbo To Stay At Home August 28 / Countdown To Independence Celebration Begins ! / EDITORIAL: Citizenship And Indigeneship: Nigeria’s Distraction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.