Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Slander On Nigeria's Reputation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Slander On Nigeria's Reputation (320 Views)

How To Destroy Someone's Reputation. / Why You Must Lose Hope On Nigeria; My Experience Today In Ibadan / IGP Orders Investigation Into Alleged Apostle Suleman Sex Slander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slander On Nigeria's Reputation by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 10, 2018
Found a video floating all over Facebook titled "This is Nigeria where you get killed for stealing one dollar", the video was so babaric that I couldn't even finish watching it. The painful part was the comment section where people from different nationalties started calling all Nigerians all sorts of names like monkeys , animals , criminals, savages, and so on and so forth.

The sad part was that this video was posted by a Nigerian, and I was wondering whether Nigerian bloggers even understand the wider implications of posting all these barbaric videos just for likes.

So I contacted the op and asked that him take the down the video, which he declined even though he could clearly see from the comments that this was bad and could have further implications on our already damaged reputation is perceived.

My question is why are Nigerians hell bent on damaging the reputation of the country, do they realize we have no other home. You should see how everyone was saying we don't want you this Nigerian animals in our countries.

It's really sad and unfair on the innocent people who are not part of this criminality.

Check the link for yourselves and see.

https://www.facebook.com/LionHeartNigeria/videos/471974063274037/

Re: Slander On Nigeria's Reputation by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 10, 2018
This is just so sad.
You see other country utilising the social media in very good and positive ways, but in my dear country, rhe opposite is the case.
They keep putting the country in negative light.
So sad.
Re: Slander On Nigeria's Reputation by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 10, 2018
I an surprised to see that over 90% of people commenting on that link are foreigners.
Just imagine all that I an reading over there!!
Damn, I'm a shame to be a Nigerian!
Re: Slander On Nigeria's Reputation by Brytaboy(m): 1:14am On Aug 10, 2018
This is what our naija bloggers dnt get, all they want is the traffic but dnt think of the implications of certain things they put on net for the world to see.

It's not like other countries dnt commit more crime than we do, but because we dnt see them online so we think they are crime free...

I wish our news online will sometimes be restricted to naija alone.
If u knw u knw...This is what our naija bloggers dnt get, all they want is the traffic but dnt think of the implications of certain things they put on net for the world to see.

It's not like other countries dnt commit more crime than we do, but because we dnt see them online so we think they are crime free...

If u knw u knw...
This is what our naija bloggers dnt get, all they want is the traffic but dnt think of the implications of certain things they put on net for the world to see.

If u knw u knw...
Re: Slander On Nigeria's Reputation by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 10, 2018
The poster on the link said it is somewhere in Africa and didn't say Nigeria tho.
That video should be reported, it is not suppose to be anywhere online.
It's too barbaric.

(1) (Reply)

Police Accuse Church Instrumentalist Coming From Vigil Of Robbery / Young Girl Captured Stealing Codely From A Shop In Accra Ghana ( Video) / Ghanaian Woman Jailed 18 Months For Cyber Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.