Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Everton Successfully Went Shopping At F.C. Barcelona. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Everton Successfully Went Shopping At F.C. Barcelona. (252 Views)

Munir El Haddadi Set To Stay At F.C. Barcelona This Season. / Lionel Messi Finally Signs A New Contract At F.C. Barcelona. / Liverpool F.C. Signs Chamberlain From Arsenal F.C. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everton Successfully Went Shopping At F.C. Barcelona. by uneeking(m): 6:45am On Aug 10, 2018
Yes, you read that title right.

F.C. Everton, not Manchester United and certainly not Manchester City or Liverpool is the team that deserved a whole lot of applause as the transfer window closed for the British Premier League teams yesterday. As a matter of fact, this team successfully completed the signing of three solid players just before the 5 p.m. deadline.

The Everton Management really deserves some applause from the rest of the house for achieving what must be one of the biggest coup in their history as they not only signed Yerry Mina, Andres Gomes (both from the Spanish soccer giants - F.C. Barcelona- but laso got Bernard for free!

Yerry Mina's case in particular was a real surprise as he was on radar of teams like Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain but ended up at Everton after signing a five-year deal for a fee potentially rising to €31.75milllion.

The Colombian defender who shone brilliantly for his country at the just concluded World Cup Competition in Russia was signed by F.C. Barcelona only seven months ago but has had to play very few games since he is rated third in the pecking order behind the likes of Samuel Umtiti and Gerard Pique in the central defence department at the Nou Camp side.

It was even difficult for his team mate, Andres Gomes to get playing time at Barca with the team's midfield department so crowded with talented stars and so it was a good move for him to move to Everton even if only for a season-long loan spell at Goodison Park, which will cost the Toffees €2.25million.

Sometime back in March, having endured consistent criticism for failing to live up to his previous form while at Valencia, the 25-year-old described his stay so far at Barcelona as “a kind of hell”, admitting he had struggled with depression.

F.C. Barcelona however was smart enough to include a buy-back clause in the deal for Yerry Mina who revealed that the chance to play alongside Gomes and Lucas Digne – who made the same switch last week – played a part in his decision to join F.C. Everton. He told pressmen that: 

“It is important that the club want to fight for something. This is why I am here,” 

“I spoke to Lucas and he told me all about the club, which also made me keen to come here.

“I spoke with Andre, too. He is a good guy and we want to do our best for Everton.”

When it came to the turn of Andres Gomes to speak, he simply  added:

“I’m delighted to sign for this fantastic club – it’s a good day for me. Everton always was a big option for me, especially after speaking with the coach, Marco Silva.

“Every discussion we’ve had was very important in making me feel his confidence about my game. Everybody in Portugal knows how Marco Silva works and his abilities as a coach.”

This is wishing F.C. Everton a very successful campaign in this year's British Premiership League. They surely have shown that they deserve it the way they handled their recruitment exercise in the just concluded transfer window.

Source: http://uneekomunikations.com/everton-successfully-went-shopping-at-f-c-barcelona/

Re: Everton Successfully Went Shopping At F.C. Barcelona. by uneeking(m): 6:50am On Aug 10, 2018
F.C. Everton surely deserves an applause for their achievements in this transfer window.
Re: Everton Successfully Went Shopping At F.C. Barcelona. by UAE123(m): 7:04am On Aug 10, 2018
I really appreciate Everton's transfer this season & I am going to observe them for the first 3 matches before using them to bet in any of my ticket
Re: Everton Successfully Went Shopping At F.C. Barcelona. by uneeking(m): 7:06am On Aug 10, 2018
UAE123:
I really appreciate Everton's transfer this season & I am going to observe them for the first 3 matches before using them to bet in any of my ticket
Wise Decision. They will need a few games to jell.

(1) (Reply)

Android Vs Ios / Fidelity Bank, BOI, Ford Foundation Unveils Lending Scheme For Aba Leather Manuf / 9mobile Bonus 4.5GB For NGN500 How To Activate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.