Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,934 members, 7,824,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers (15449 Views)

Affordable Solar Systems For Housing Projects / FG Approves Zero Per Cent Equity For Housing Loans Below N5m / FMBN Has Created N80bn Mortgages Since Inception – Dangiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Butterflyleo: 2:59pm On Aug 10, 2018
bedspread:
Sharaap!! I am a in the Country at least 3 months of every year...
I am an Eligible Voter, with my Voters Card and by GOD'S GRACE I will be in My Country to Cadt my Vote

Still the same thing. You are not in the country and are somewhere else enjoying the dividends of their democracy yet your own you lampoon despite all the positivity majority of Nigerians are seeing.

Please just shut up before you further damage the little intelligence you still have

1 Like

Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by buhariguy(m): 3:00pm On Aug 10, 2018
I knew buhari can do it.

Buhari till 2023.

1 Like

Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by bedspread: 3:04pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Still the same thing. You are not in the country and are somewhere else enjoying the dividends of their democracy yet your own you lampoon despite all the positivity majority of Nigerians are seeing.

Please just shut up before you further damage the little intelligence you still have
I am a Serious StakeHolder in Nigeria..
I am Well aware of things u can't know about Our Country..
Am looking Forward to a Nigeria that is For Nigerians beyond all forms of Nepotism, Idealessness, Tribalism, Cluelessness and Useless politicking
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Butterflyleo: 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
bedspread:

I am a Serious StakeHolder in Nigeria..
I am Well aware of things u can't know about Our Country..
Am looking Forward to a Nigeria that is For Nigerians beyond all forms of Nepotism, Idealessness, Tribalism, Cluelessness and Useless politicking

Ogbeni you are only well aware of hatred and bitterness in your heart.

You are being tribalistic, Nepotistic even in your comments all over Nairaland yet you cannot evn see it.

Yet you claim to want to stand against something you already are.

Remove the log in your eye first.

I am a christian from the south and I stand with PMB who is a Muslim from the north so I think I am in a much better position to speak and not you
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by bedspread: 3:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Ogbeni you are only well aware of hatred and bitterness in your heart.

You are being tribalistic, Nepotistic even in your comments all over Nairaland yet you cannot evn see it.

Yet you claim to want to stand against something you already are.

Remove the log in your eye first.

I am a christian from the south and I stand with PMB who is a Muslim from the north so I think I am in a much better position to speak and not you
if you know me like u Claim then u will know am not about Muslim or Christian..
You will know that all I care about is Sane Leadership...

I am not paid a dime by anyone to say whatever...

But many of u here hv sold your Conscience and Conciousness for Mere stipends..
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by GSA01: 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2018
The problem with Nairalanders is that most of them like negative news, hence the traffic on this thread will not be much, it is only in Nigeria that certain elements will be praying for bad news or negative news, so they can blow it out of proportion to score cheap political points and while the government is doing well, they try as much as possible to drag it down..

1 Like

Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Centcanada: 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
Nice one
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by exporters101: 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2018
This'd good
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Butterflyleo: 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
bedspread:
if you know me like u Claim then u will know am not about Muslim or Christian..
You will know that all I care about is Sane Leadership...

I am not paid a dime by anyone to say whatever...

But many of u here hv sold your Conscience and Conciousness for Mere stipends..

Nobody pays me for whatever I say. I keep telling people like you that truth cannot be bought but lies can.

You have zero conscience. We have a progressive government right now who isn't leaving anything undone so that people like you who have found solace outside your country can return home.
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by nabegibeg: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:
The Federal Mortgage Bank has CONFIRMED that Nigerians above 18 years with a STEADY paycheck will now be able to access up to N5 million housing loan from the Bank WITHOUT equity contribution.

The Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN), has commenced the implementation of the new approved conditions for accessing loans from the National Housing Fund (NHF).
This includes zero equity contribution for the provision of housing loans of up to N5million
and 10 per cent contribution for housing loans ranging from N5million to N15million by contributors to the NHF.

The revised requirements were recently approved by the board of FMBN. They represent a 100 per cent reduction in the equity that contributors to the housing fund were hitherto expected to bring before they could access the loans such as five per cent and 20 per cent for the two housing loan bands of up to N5million and N15million, respectively.

FMBN, which manages the scheme, was established by Act 3 of 1992, to enable Nigerians in all sectors of the economy, particularly those within the low and medium income levels, who cannot afford commercial housing loans, such as civil servants, traders, artisans, and commercial drivers and a host of others to own houses.

FMBN provides mortgage loans from the pool of funds available to the NHF at four per cent interest to accredited Primary Mortgage Banks for on-lending at six per cent to NHF contributors over a maximum tenor of 30 years, which is secured by the mortgaged property.

A contributor can access up to N15million from the fund through an accredited PMI as a mortgage loan to build, buy, improve or renovate own home after six months of continuous contributions. These lending conditions make the NHF an unequalled vehicle for affordable housing delivery in Nigeria.

Speaking on the development, FMBN Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Ahmed Dangiwa, said the downward revisions represent a key milestone in the new executive management’s drive to ensure that more Nigerian workers can afford decent and quality housing.

“I am delighted that we have been able to achieve this groundbreaking feat. It is a huge win for the Nigerian workers and particularly those that contribute to the National Housing Fund (NHF). It will go a long way towards reducing the financial burden of homeownership that contributors to the fund have been carrying for the past three decades. When we came on board, we realised that the existing equity contribution put too much pressure on workers. I am glad that today, we have been able to crash it by over 100 per cent,” he said.

Dangiwa, an architect, advised existing contributors to take advantage of the new friendly conditions to secure loans to purchase or build their homes. He also advised those who are not currently registered with the NHF to do so through FMBN offices located in states nationwide so they too can take advantage.He lauded the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, for his support towards the attainment of the feat, the FMBN Board and executive management for their efforts in forming the bank for greater impact.

https://guardian.ng/business-services/fmbn-begins-zero-equity-for-housing-loan-subscribers/amp/

na so dem dey lie

when you ask for the loan na den you go no say na scam dem be

You cant access FMBN loan directly , you have to do it through an accredited Mortgage financial institution and it is not free there is a cut they have to charge for helping you secure the loan disguised under names like legal fees etc.

2 Likes

Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Butterflyleo: 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2018
nabegibeg:

na so dem dey lie

when you ask for the loan na den you go no say na scam dem be

You cant access FMBN loan directly , you have to do it through an accredited Mortgage financial institution and it is not free there is a cut they have to charge for helping you secure the loan disguised under names like legal fees etc.

That was before. Now you deal with FMBN directly. Times have changed and you need to remove the word scam from your mind.
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by nabegibeg: 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

That was before. Now you deal with FMBN directly. Times have changed and you need to remove the word scam from your mind.

Oga i recently entered a mortgage plan

so dont tell me what i know
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by madridguy(m): 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
Sai Baba making us proud.

Butterflyleo:
Sarrki and madridguy and buhariguy our ever amiable Presido has done it again
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Butterflyleo: 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2018
nabegibeg:

Oga i recently entered a mortgage plan

so dont tell me what i know

I hope you saw BREAKING NEWS IN THE TOPIC.

You entered your mortgage plan prior to the unveiling of this.

Patience is a virtue
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by nabegibeg: 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I hope you saw BREAKING NEWS IN THE TOPIC.

You entered your mortgage plan prior to the unveiling of this.

Patience is a virtue

It is patience that will pay 3 million naira as equity continue to deceive yourself

When you go to their office this message will be denied

This news is only for show when you go obtain a loan then you will know
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Butterflyleo: 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2018
nabegibeg:

It is patience that will pay 3 million naira as equity continue to deceive yourself

I am already a recipient of their loan facility so I know more than you think
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Saladin25(m): 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2018
Nice one from the president and his team. More to come from baba Buhari. PMB till 2023.
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Saladin25(m): 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2018
nabegibeg:

You have not even been to their office, you have already concluded the housing scheme is a sham. Kai! Stop being a pessimist.
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by sterlingD(m): 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Give us insight pls.
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by nabegibeg: 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2018
Saladin25:

You have not even been to their office, you have already concluded the housing scheme is a sham. Kai! Stop being a pessimist.

Who did you meet at the reception grin grin grin
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by nabegibeg: 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Congratulations grin grin
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Haddock(m): 4:45pm On Aug 10, 2018
Omeokachie:
18yr old with steady paycheck?

These people sef

Why not target the NYSC and use that to set them up to become employers of Labour, rather than the Greek gift you know that nobody can access?!

How many civil servants that contribute can access mortgage under the current dispensation (and we are talking of civil servants with steady income)?

Oga, if you see everything through a negative and closed mind, all that surrounds you will be negative.

If at 18 years you did not earn money, don't think every 18 year olds are like that because there are 18 year old men and women who already own enterprises and they have rights to home acquisition too.

Do not tie everything to NYSC because most of the people who cause substantial movement to our economy are in the streets with no formal education - they are artisans, and they should be housed too.
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by anjilgreat(f): 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2018
sterlingD:

Give us insight pls.
Supported! Pls give us more insight on how you went about it. Thanks.
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Saladin25(m): 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2018
nabegibeg:

Who did you meet at the reception grin grin grin
I should be the one asking you that question
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Demmzy15(m): 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2018
amaechi1:

You rather think on how to make use of the said opportunity than to rant here. Yet you will still come out to insult the govt that they have not done anything.
Worst is the guy might be living in a "face me I slap you" apartment but arrogance won't allow him to utilize this opportunity!
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Demmzy15(m): 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2018
richidinho:
Gen.Abacha built about 28,000 houses for the poor, gwarinpa estate but the rich bought them all after his demise.

a serious govt will build enough low cost housing units for the masses to move in and start paying little by little for years
Buhari is already building for federal civil servants around Suleja, it started I think 2 years ago. So give it time. And as for the demise of the Abacha houses, blame OBJ. He also sold homes meant for civil servants in Karu, Buhari is trying his best!
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by integrity16(m): 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2018
Omeokachie:

How many FG workers under current compulsory contribution have access to mortgage, Mr. armchair propagandist?

I have access to mortgage loans. I took some for renovation. Stop displaying your hatred for this government. If you are a civil servant, go and try it first before coming here to make baseless comments.
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by nabegibeg: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2018
Saladin25:

I should be the one asking you that question

Congratulations you that have enter FMBN grin grin
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Omeokachie: 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2018
integrity16:

I have access to mortgage loans. I took some for renovation. Stop displaying your hatred for this government. If you are a civil servant, go and try it first before coming here to make baseless comments.

Integrity took flight of you.
Liar! Mortgage to renovate a house!

You can sell your soul to this administration, that is your problem.
Re: FMBN begins zero equity for housing loan subscribers by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2018
I just hope its not mere talk 'cause talk is cheap, implementation of this policy will actually be the bottleneck for the policy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huge Fire Breaks Out In 24-storey London Tower / The Collection & Various Samples Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile For Your Building / The New Phase Of Brooklyn Court! Price Increases Soonest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.