Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually (78612 Views)

How To Know What Works For You When Learning Programming / 13 Years Old Tanmay Bakshi World's Youngest IBM Watson Programmer In AI / [updated] Kpntunnel VPN Works For MTN Mpulse Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by hatedisplace: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2018
Merimental:
he is just lucky to be in an encouraging environs..we hav his type in naija but no enabling environs/sponsors..
true talk. I know a boy who can memorize numerous phone numbers effortlessly. But he is learning to be a roadside mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by hustla(m): 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2018
Merimental:
he is just lucky to be in an encouraging environs..we hav his type in naija but no enabling environs/sponsors..

Na Koranic School them go rather send them to

But really, they need to help this kid.. It's too early.. Most of them will end up being socially dysfunctional and awkward. He needs to live life like a teenager instead of giving him so much at such a young age

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by GreatrAnalyst: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
Mutemenot:
He's heading to the Forbes. At 13 450 Oluwa open my eyes to see my destiny

Deep, weighty statement! Great prayer of the heart.
People prosper better indeed when they are functioning in what they are hardwired to do.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by CodeTemplar: 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2018
sparkle6:

True talk. Thats why we beat them to first class in their own varsity. If you have the resources then you only limited by your imagination. If you dont see electricity for 2 straight weeks how would your skills sharpen.
Brilliance doesn't always lead to first class. people cram under pressure of impressiing their sponsors.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Merimental(m): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2018
hatedisplace:
true talk. I know a boy who can memorize numerous phone numbers effortlessly. But he is learning to be a roadside mechanic.

put dat kid in a standard school nw n watch him shock d world..
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Lomprico2: 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
A good educational foundation for the boy

I wonder what a 13 year old can do in Nigeria, practical wise undecided

A lot! If they have the right foundation. Some of our girls just did us proud 2 days ago.

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Merimental(m): 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
hustla:

Na Koranic School them go rather send them to

But really, they need to help this kid.. It's too early.. Most of them will end up being socially dysfunctional and awkward. He needs to live life like a teenager instead of giving him so much at such a young age

kids like dat ar mostly introverts cos dey reason way beyond an average man wit average IQ...
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Azam101: 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2018
Babyforever:
That's a huge amount of money......please someone help me with his contact.....His aunty wants to tell him something kiss
Child abuse
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by sparkle6(m): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Beat them to first class? So out of a thousand first class in an american university, a single Nigerian out of about 100 Nigerians graduating also made first class. So you've beating them from your own perspective be that abi? Those people no be your mates for book o. If you go to Stanford, MIT , Harvard or those top schools , you will nearly die. Different nerds from all over the world you will meet there kid. Na to just maintain your lane respect yourself son.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Benbobola(m): 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2018
SaintChukz:

Please shut up! Where in my post did i doubt the genius of this kid? Most kids(~99% and this is fact) including African kids are all geniuses by age 5 and this is an experiment that was duly conducted. Where it begins to change is when several environmental factors begin to impact on the child that by the time they're barely adults, the ability to retain such ingenuity is down to just 2%.

PS: He still hasn't learnt anything at that age and there's still a lot he has to learn, unlearn and relearn because life is not all about mathematical coding and logic.
Why do you see this forum as an avenue to insult or look down on someone by shutting him up. I made a gentlemanly comment but u resort to shutting me up? What's with you unethically trained people. If someone makes a mistake correct them. Never tell someone to shut up. You are not an omniscient. You do not know all...
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by laughitall(m): 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2018
Humchi:
First of all, let me say it is quite encouraging and motivational to many kids out there and here.

Taking or wanting this to happen in Africa we must change some of our mentality.

To be frank with you, alot of parents would scold their child who is taking a lot of time with a laptop than their schoolwork or even wouldn't want his/her child to have it.

Because there is this perception with africa parents that children learn alot of negative things with it and also waste their time.
They choose to criticize a child with a phone or laptop disregarding what the child is learning.

My point is we should allow the kids to explore also with making sure the kid isn't going a perverse way like fraud and all manner of illicit exploration.

According to the post, the kid start at the age of 5, many parents wouldn't let their kids have such privilege of having a laptop or a phone.

Another thing is environment

if you are in a place like nigeria, it is very slim to be like that kid.
At the age of 9, taking about ios, javascript, sql, injection, web development is more like talking garbage to an illiterate Nigeria parent. No support and no encouragement.

Also, availability of material, money and understanding people.

Another point is the perception of "you must go to school to make it big"

this is with Nigeria parents, they won't encourage you when you are having an idea of creating any internet stuff.
If this kid were to be a Nigerian, i can bet, the chance of being what he is today would be slim.

The thing is your environment and your culture.

If you want to be like this kid or someone great like bill gate or mark zuckerberg, in Nigeria here, you must go contrary to how people view things here.

The story too much comment please
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by banio: 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2018
GOD blessings
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Unik3030: 5:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
Humchi:
First of all, let me say it is quite encouraging and motivational to many kids out there and here.

Taking or wanting this to happen in Africa we must change some of our mentality.

To be frank with you, alot of parents would scold their child who is taking a lot of time with a laptop than their schoolwork or even wouldn't want his/her child to have it.

Because there is this perception with africa parents that children learn alot of negative things with it and also waste their time.
They choose to criticize a child with a phone or laptop disregarding what the child is learning.

My point is we should allow the kids to explore also with making sure the kid isn't going a perverse way like fraud and all manner of illicit exploration.

According to the post, the kid start at the age of 5, many parents wouldn't let their kids have such privilege of having a laptop or a phone.

Another thing is environment

if you are in a place like nigeria, it is very slim to be like that kid.
At the age of 9, taking about ios, javascript, sql, injection, web development is more like talking garbage to an illiterate Nigeria parent. No support and no encouragement.

Also, availability of material, money and understanding people.

Another point is the perception of "you must go to school to make it big"

this is with Nigeria parents, they won't encourage you when you are having an idea of creating any internet stuff.
If this kid were to be a Nigerian, i can bet, the chance of being what he is today would be slim.

The thing is your environment and your culture.

If you want to be like this kid or someone great like bill gate or mark zuckerberg, in Nigeria here, you must go contrary to how people view things here.

my brother u no lie ooo,na my dad's mentality still make me dey dis shithole till today.when I was in jss 3 around 03,i was the best footballer in my school back then n one Catholic school was close to our school so some Reverend Father do come to watch our games.so one Italian scout wanted to take me to Italy then after d principal and the church have agreed on it.na so my papa talk say him no trust them.oga like right now I don grad n am just managing in one firm like that I don even forget ball self.just imagine what i would have become had it been I was given the chance to play ball
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by hustla(m): 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2018
Merimental:

kids like dat ar mostly introverts cos dey reason way beyond an average man wit average IQ...

True
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by sparkle6(m): 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2018
justscorchone:
No mean say I no go still whoop him asss
Pick on someone half your size bro. Bouncers never smash ur head before? Immunity cover him bro.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by sparkle6(m): 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Beat them to first class? So out of a thousand first class in an american university, a single Nigerian out of about 100 Nigerians graduating also made first class. So you've beating them from your own perspective be that abi? Those people no be your mates for book o. If you go to Stanford, MIT , Harvard or those top schools , you will nearly die. Different nerds from all over the world you will meet there kid. Na to just maintain your lane respect yourself son.
Get me well. All the nerds u say, all their countries standard is 10 times that of nigeria. if the tools you have long sought for are within reach you wont take chances.
for example an average kid in america can aford a 200bucks lappy. But in nigeria you asking your parents for a 100k quality lappy, they will ask u first . Are u stupid? i should give u my 4 months salary to buy laptop. Mama chiboy come and see this stupid boy o?
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by iyandaoluwaoba: 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2018
Benbobola:

Why do you see this forum as an avenue to insult or look down on someone by shutting him up. I made a gentlemanly comment but u resort to shutting me up? What's with you unethically trained people. If someone makes a mistake correct them. Never tell someone to shut up. You are not an omniscient. You do not know all...

Ignore pple like that. Since I knew quora forum. I spend like just 2 mins here. if you really want to develop yourself spend less time on nairaland. if you are not careful how they reason here will start influencing your thoughts real life. Spend less time with pple that don't respect the rules of engagement on social media forum. never reply them. Their relevance don't exceed the screen of their fone

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by bigdot1759(m): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2018
sparkle6:

True talk. Thats why we beat them to first class in their own varsity. If you have the resources then you only limited by your imagination. If you dont see electricity for 2 straight weeks how would your skills sharpen.
see naija brain, can master graduate earn such amount weeeeere
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by sparkle6(m): 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2018
afroxyz:

India is not more enabling than Nigeria. It is our attitude towards creativity and innovation that is holding us back. Here we proritize paper certificates instead of skills and creativity
What? Indian tech can never be compared to niaja o. those guys have high standard in education. They focus more on math for comp. scientist. India has one of the best programmers o.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by SaintChukz(m): 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
ADEMOLA144:
you dont understand what you are talking about. in companies they have people who have the vision of where the company is going and how to drive it forward. these are the business managers. and then they have the IT guys who are not concerned about where the company is going or what the companies goals are. there job is simply to create applications as directed to them. this is where the 14 year old will be. why is that hard for you to grasp ? have you worked in an american company before ? they have division of labor and each person plays his role. it is not the job of the IT guys to solve the serious challenges of the company. they are simply there to code and program and create software applications. can you understand this concept ? or are you just so used to nigerian companies that you cant comprehend how things are done in america ? and in case you are confused here is a day in the life of a software engineer. they have no contact with management. they are not in managerial roles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWggmC8kYZc

You see that crap in bold that you scribbled up there? You had better go back and edit it before some persons will regard your education as a waste or better still if that's how you practically reason, better go back and ask for a refund of all your tuition fees from whatever institution you graduated from because it's of no use doing this back and forth argument with you.

How can someone who sees himself as educated (as at now you're beginning to entertain doubts that you're) ever think such, so if you own a company now, you'll readily employ people who do not buy into/are
not concerned about the vision/direction of your company. And tomorrow when that company folds up, you begin to blame unseen forces for your misfortunes. Now ask yourself this, even if you were an HR person interviewing a potential employee that is prospecting for a job, and such a person utters such nonsense, you'd likely go ahead to bring that person into the company to ruin it...right?

Again take another second and re-read that second part in bold, another nonsensical thought from you. Do you even give yourself a minute to think before you rush to type these fails?

If i were to ask you this...What is the role of a CTO in any software/tech company? Is the CTO a management role or not in a software/tech company? Yes/No? What is the qualification of the person that will likely hold such a role in any company(anywhere in the world - unlike you i don't restrict my thinking to any locality in particular). Maybe you should just google the Job descriptions/qualifications of a CTO since you know how to use YouTube very well and get proper education.

PS: For someone who claims knowledge about American tech companies (as long as you can search them on YouTube to look for random videos created by random people). I'm highly disappointed in the things you're spilling on this platform. Nairaland doesn't deserve it!
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by sparkle6(m): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2018
bigdot1759:
see naija brain, can master graduate earn such amount weeeeere
Is 1naira equal to 1dollar? if yes then a naija graduate can earn such.
else:
he cant.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2018
SaintChukz:

You see that crap in bold that you scribbled up there? You had better go edit before some persons will view your education as a waste or better still if that's you reason, better go back and ask for a refund of all your tuition from whatever institution you graduated from because it's of no doing this back and forth argument with you.

How can someone who sees himself as educated (as at now you're beginning to entertain doubts you're) ever think such, so if you own a company now, you'll readily employ people who do not buy into/are
not concerned about the vision/direction of your company.
And tomorrow when that company folds up, you begin to blame unseen forces for your misfortunes. Now ask yourself this, even if you were an HR person interviewing a potential employee that is prospecting for a job, and such a person utters such nonsense, you'd likely go ahead to bring that person into the company to ruin it...right?

Again take another second and re-read that second part in bold, another nonsensical thought from you. Do you even give yourself a minute to think before you rush to type these fails?

If i were to ask you this...What is the role of a CTO in any software/tech company? Is the CTO a management role or not in a software/tech company? Yes/No. What is the qualification of the person that will likely hold such a role in any company(anywhere in the world - unlike you i don't restrict my thinking to any locality in particular). Maybe you should just google the Job descriptions/qualifications of a CTO since you know how to use YouTube very well and get proper education.

PS: For someone who claims knowledge about American tech companies (as long as you can search them on YouTube to look for random videos created by random people). I'm highly disappointed in the things you're spilling on this platform. Nairaland doesn't deserve it!

bro, everybody in the company does not have to know the vision of the company. who the Bleep cares about the vision of another mans dreams ? do they tell the janitor and security guard the vision of the company ? the only people who they embed the vision of the company into are top executives and managers of people. IT guys are geeks who dont care about that. and the company knows that. IT guys are hired based on the strength of their knowledge and thats it. then they have IT managers who tell them what applications they are to work on. you must be crazy if you think they tell a bunch of socially awkward IT geeks the direction of the company. you are hired to do software and thats it. thats the problem with people like you, you have never worked in america so you come here to spew rubbish lmao

in american companies everybody only knows the person who is managing them. there is a disconnect of hierarchy.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by mostmorgan: 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
HungerBAD:
N450 Million?at 13?wow.

At 13, I was still selling cold water with cups( before satchet water started) at Oshodi.

We need to change this culture in Nigeria, of forcing children to be part of breadwinners in families,so that their potentials can fully be utilized.

At 13 my only dream was to have a bicycle,and some pocket money for Asaro(Porridge) in school. This N450 Million would have helped me a lot.
e go help ur generation if properly used
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by SaintChukz(m): 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
ADEMOLA144:
bro, everybody in the company does not have to know the vision of the company. who the Bleep cares about the vision of another mans dreams ? do they tell the janitor and security guard the vision of the company ? the only people who they embed the vision of the company into are top executives and managers of people. IT guys are geeks who dont care about that. and the company knows that. IT guys are hired based on the strength of their knowledge and thats it. then they have IT managers who tell them what applications they are to work on. you must be crazy if you think they tell a bunch of socially awkward IT geeks the direction of the company. you are hired to do software and thats it. thats the problem with people like you, you have never worked in america so you come here to spew rubbish lmao

All your responses have been quite dumb but you don't want to own it. Keep doing yourself...it's not me you're doing. OK!

This is the last time I'll ever entertain your infantile prats. Expect no more responses from me.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2018
SaintChukz:

All your responses have been quite dumb but you don't want to own it. Keep doing yourself...it's not me you're doing. OK!

This is the last time I'll ever entertain your infantile prats. Expect no more responses from me.
thats the problem with you nigerians who have never been past muritala muhammad airport, you think you know everything because you have watched one youtube video lmao. GTFOH
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by MrJavaS: 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by mcgift(m): 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2018
Wow
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Badilstical(m): 6:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
Babyforever:
That's a huge amount of money......please someone help me with his contact.....His aunty wants to tell him something kiss
You want to commit Child abuse or money abuse ni
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Femidigirits: 7:39pm On Aug 11, 2018
Are you an ambulance ?

princeade86:
wow wow wow wow
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by pacespot(m): 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
stories like this are always exaggerated, though he might be working on a contract basis. seeing his picture, I think he is Indian, it is hard to imagine Caucasians paying a young black wizard such amount of money.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by sharrp: 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2018
This guy is not a google employee please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? / Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University? / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.