Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Do Not Buy Tec Stabilizers!!! A Must Read - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Do Not Buy Tec Stabilizers!!! A Must Read (325 Views)

Clearance Sale: TEC Generator, Refurbished Laptops, Freezer, Projector, Copier / Neatly Used Haier Thermocool (TEC) Generator 6900es..5.0/5.5kw For Sale / Tec Junior Max 1500 Generator To Power Haier Thermocool Refrigerator HRF-160EX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Buy Tec Stabilizers!!! A Must Read by viperVIP: 4:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
I bought a TEC stabilizer 5000watts on 16 May, 2018 @ Shalom Stores, Oke-Ilewo, Abeokuta who is a major distributor of Thermocool products. The product cost #10,000 more compared to other brands but I was convinced by the sales man on how effective TEC STABILIZERS are. 2 weeks after, I got home to find out that there's grid supply but power supply in my room, only to find out that the stabilizer stopped working. I checked the circuit breaker which is also the power switch and it's ON, didn't trip.

I called the store and I was asked to return the product for repair under warranty. While reading my warranty card, I found out the warranty is only 1 month which baffled me alot, how a valuable electronic product could give just 1 month warranty, something there looks fishy. After returning the Stabilizer to the store, I demanded for a new one which wasn't granted. They insisted on repairing the one I returned which I later concur.

It took them 2 weeks and 3 days to get it repaired, they claimed they sent it to the Thermocool engineers in Ibadan. Upon being called, I picked up my stabilizer and when I got home, I was ready to see my new stabilizer work fine. Upon connecting, the stabilizer, I observed the input voltage and output voltage are fluctuating very badly and countless times I saw the output voltage go lesser than input voltage despite that the input voltage is less than 220 which should never happen in a stabilizer. You can find attached the pictures I took at that moment with the short video clip.

So I had to unplug it and return it to the store, they took it in and promised to send it back to the Thermocool office. Since then I kept calling and perambulating the store for 5 weeks before my stabilizer was returned and I got called to pick it up.

On getting to the store, I met 3 stabilizers of its kind with paper label on it just like mine, which means they were either brought in for repair or done with repairs. I took their pictures, you can see them attached. Then I asked the sales man, what happened to these stabilizers and he told me they were returned for repairs and they were even more than seven but other customers has picked up theirs to have remained three.

I was wowed, which means I wasn't alone in that situation. Every customer who bought that brand of stabilizer has a problem with it and has to return it. So what's now the sense in paying for a stabilizer which is 10,000# costlier than its competitors yet has no reliability. Hence the products are just not good.

I took my stabilizer and left the store. On getting home, I reconnected it and it worked fine. But another observation is for a 5000w stabilizer to drag down it's voltage because of a load of 2650w is still poor performance to me despite having an input of 200v+.

Badly enough, the fluctuating voltage is back again yesterday morning which means the stabilizer is total THRASH

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Airtel / Clean Iphone 6 Plus For Sale with Charger / Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.