Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State (1429 Views)

What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? / A Nairalander CDS Group Prison's and School Visitation In Kontagora, Niger State / How To Login To Your NYSC Dashboard Portal And Print Your Call Up Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State by Catheyo(f): 6:59am On Aug 11, 2018
I served in Niger State, Minna under Chanchaga Local Government Area to be precise. Nowadays, I find myself reflecting on my service year and I only wished I went on a proper tour of the state. It’s been seven months since I finished NYSC, oh oh did I just say " seven months"? Yes it's actually seven months and I can never get rid of the fact that Niger state is and will forever be part of my history with amazing people. There are alot of things I would love you to know and if you get an opportunity to be there, explore Niger State to the fullest.

Niger state is the biggest state in Nigeria, with the landmass of 76,363km2. It has 25 local governments which includes; Agie, Agwara, Bida, Borgu, Bosso, Chanchaga, Edati, Gboko, Gurara, Katcha, Kotangora, Lapai, Lavun, Magama, Mashegu, Mokwa, Muya, Paikoro, Rafi, Rijau, Shiroro, Suleja, Tafa and Wushishi. I visited only Bosso, Chanchaga, Kotangora, Paikoro, Suleja and Bida. The major tribes are Nupe and Gbagyi, oh was about putting a full stop but before I do; will love to add that Bida is hottttttt! �and you can spend up to nine hours traveling within Niger State. Are you surprised?

About their food I will give myself 60%, you should know I would be good in this area (I love to try new things). I fell in love with Zobo, Kunu Aya (its mostly made with tiger nuts and coconut), Date and coconut (eat them together you will see countless stars � �), I wouldn't even leave fura do nunu out (Gosh! I love it but honestly I took it once in a while – Habib is just the way out if you are scared like me). I tasted Tuwo chin kafa but never really liked it and I never tasted massa so dissapointed but I must do that on my next visit and I hope I find it cool after all this hype.

Ohh! I almost forgot my favourite hangout spots which were; Mutala Park and Bilikabab. I loved Mutala park because the environment is natural and very nice for pictures (if you know me well, you will know I love nature and pictures �) and for Bilikabab, they have really nice dishes, nice fancy swings (swings for two; it was my favorite spot anytime I had a date �) and a lovely ambience. I also won’t live out my favourite bakery; Landmark Bakery, they have "orishirishi" (a word use to describe varieties in Yoruba), ranging from nice and tasty bread to different assorted snack.

I haven’t even mentioned that they have lots of tourist sites too; starting from Gurara waterfall, to Kianji dam, moving on to Shiroro dam and zuma rock. They have more places but these are the trendy places I know of. When you get to Niger state, make sure you don't miss out on these places. I only passed through zuma rock in Suleja on my way to Abuja (I used to think Zuma rock was in Abuja SMH for me lol). Most of my friends visited shiroro dam and Gurara water falls but I was practically nowhere to be found. These my legs won't just stay in one place.

You can also see my NYSC experience

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed reading and also found this insightful?

Have you visited Niger State before? Feel free to air your views.

Visit www.catheyoinitiative.com.ng for more post on lifestyle and inspiration

3 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State by Kutis2030(m): 8:13am On Aug 11, 2018
Catheyo:
I served in Niger State, Minna under Chanchaga Local Government Area to be precise. Nowadays, I find myself reflecting on my service year and I only wished I went on a proper tour of the state. It’s been seven months since I finished NYSC, oh oh did I just say " seven months"? Yes it's actually seven months and I can never get rid of the fact that Niger state is and will forever be part of my history with amazing people. There are alot of things I would love you to know and if you get an opportunity to be there, explore Niger State to the fullest.

Niger state is the biggest state in Nigeria, with the landmass of 76,363km2. It has 25 local governments which includes; Agie, Agwara, Bida, Borgu, Bosso, Chanchaga, Edati, Gboko, Gurara, Katcha, Kotangora, Lapai, Lavun, Magama, Mashegu, Mokwa, Muya, Paikoro, Rafi, Rijau, Shiroro, Suleja, Tafa and Wushishi. I visited only Bosso, Chanchaga, Kotangora, Paikoro, Suleja and Bida. The major tribes are Nupe and Gbagyi, oh was about putting a full stop but before I do; will love to add that Bida is hottttttt! �and you can spend up to nine hours traveling within Niger State. Are you surprised?

About their food I will give myself 60%, you should know I would be good in this area (I love to try new things). I fell in love with Zobo, Kunu Aya (its mostly made with tiger nuts and coconut), Date and coconut (eat them together you will see countless stars � �), I wouldn't even leave fura do nunu out (Gosh! I love it but honestly I took it once in a while – Habib is just the way out if you are scared like me). I tasted Tuwo chin kafa but never really liked it and I never tasted massa so dissapointed but I must do that on my next visit and I hope I find it cool after all this hype.

Ohh! I almost forgot my favourite hangout spots which were; Mutala Park and Bilikabab. I loved Mutala park because the environment is natural and very nice for pictures (if you know me well, you will know I love nature and pictures �) and for Bilikabab, they have really nice dishes, nice fancy swings (swings for two; it was my favorite spot anytime I had a date �) and a lovely ambience. I also won’t live out my favourite bakery; Landmark Bakery, they have "orishirishi" (a word use to describe varieties in Yoruba), ranging from nice and tasty bread to different assorted snack.

I haven’t even mentioned that they have lots of tourist sites too; starting from Gurara waterfall, to Kianji dam, moving on to Shiroro dam and zuma rock. They have more places but these are the trendy places I know of. When you get to Niger state, make sure you don't miss out on these places. I only passed through zuma rock in Suleja on my way to Abuja (I used to think Zuma rock was in Abuja SMH for me lol). Most of my friends visited shiroro dam and Gurara water falls but I was practically nowhere to be found. These my legs won't just stay in one place.

You can also see my NYSC experience

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed reading and also found this insightful?

Have you visited Niger State before? Feel free to air your views.

Visit www.catheyoinitiative.com.ng for more post on lifestyle and inspiration
see how u enjoyed ur service in my state. wish u more success ahead.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State by Catheyo(f): 11:04am On Aug 11, 2018
Lol, your state was cool
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State by eldee365: 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2018
@Catheyo
I can relate ,Am currently serving in kuta, shiroro.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State by Catheyo(f): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
Wow how, make sure you visit shiroro dam
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State by eldee365: 11:03pm On Aug 12, 2018
Catheyo:
Wow how, make sure you visit shiroro dam
Unfortunately, because of the Taraba incident our scheduled visit to the Dam would no longer be possible it has been canceled.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State by Catheyo(f): 10:53pm On Aug 16, 2018
Oh oh
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State by Bicle: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2018
I agree Niger has tourist attractions. My friends and i were bored of Abuja and decided to go to gurara falls in Niger. The environment is so lovely, i don't know how to describe it but it feels like a different kind of air. If you're serving there, you must visit there.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State by marwanafrica: 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2018
Kutis2030:
see how u enjoyed ur service in my state. wish u more success ahead.

Which part of Niger State are you from?

(1) (Reply)

Nysc's Mix-up Cause Corp Members To Go Back Home / See 5 Ways To Maximize Your Time At NYSC Camp / The Story Of Chukwudi And Biola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.