Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Spain Defender Gerard Pique Retires From International Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Spain Defender Gerard Pique Retires From International Football (226 Views)

Eden Hazard Retires From professional football At 32 / Gerard Pique Goes To Training With His N4M Electric Bike B'cos Of Driving Ban / Javier Mascherano Retires From International Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spain Defender Gerard Pique Retires From International Football by Sportdab(m): 6:24am On Aug 12, 2018
Spain defender Gerard Pique has announced his retirement from international football.

The 31-year-old made 102 appearances for Spain between 2009 and 2018, scoring five goals.

Pique was part of the Spain team that won the 2010 World Cup before winning the 2012 European Championship.

Pique had made his intention to retire known following Spain's exit from the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

He had said that he was tired of repeated Criticism and wished to be in peace.

The Barcelona centre-back did not immediately confirm his retirement after Spain's loss to Russia at the 2018 World Cup.

Pique has now informed New manager Luis Enrique of his decision.

He said in a news conference: "I spoke to Luis Enrique a few days ago.

"He called me and I told him the decision was taken a long time ago and that I had thought about it carefully," Pique said on Saturday.

"It was a beautiful time with the national team in which I had the chance to win the World Cup and the European Championship. Now I want to focus on Barca," he added.

"I have a few years left here and I'm going to enjoy them a lot."

Barcelona, who won the La Liga and Copa Del Rey last season, play Sevilla in the Spanish Super Cup on Sunday (21:00pm).

Source:>>>SPORTDAB.COM.NG
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/08/spain-defender-gerard-pique-retires.html

cc; Lalasticlaca

(1) (Reply)

Will Jose Hand Paul Pogba The Captain Band Against Brighton ? / Chelsea Football Club for Sale-Abramovich / Sport Predictions For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.