Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Can't The Bible Be Updated? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can't The Bible Be Updated? (615 Views)

Can The Bible Be Interpreted Objectively? / Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need / How Can The Bible Be A Source Of Moral Living When It Clearly Supports Slavery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't The Bible Be Updated? by desmond2pk: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2018
The bible was written by people of different generations from the beginning of the aeon. So they wrote what they knew and experienced. More often, they used words known to them to describe things they saw but didn't understand or know what they are. ( you can call it ignorance, if you want)
If my forefather in Africa saw a plane, which he doesn't know, what do you think he can call it? " iron bird" " chariots of the gods" " flying iron" etc.
Isn't that what happened in genesis and some other historical books in the Bible?
What do you think " chariots of fire means"?
We all knows that God is not a good of ignorance. And I don't think he wants us to dwell on the ignorance of some people in pass generation.
If you were asked to edit the bible and update it, what are the places, the words, the terms used, the verses and chapters that you would change and what are the terms you would use?

Expecting to read some nice comments. Have a " blessed" Sunday.
Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by Heartbender: 8:40am On Aug 12, 2018
No problem. Only that you have to first upgrade/ update God. You know? We need a new God with a modern narrative. E be like say the owu mmiri wey dey worry you don sniff cele church for your area. Na flog we go flog am comot
Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:46am On Aug 12, 2018
Bros the Bible has already gone through series of revisions/updates.

The Bible as it is now is different from the 4th century Bible which is the oldest Bible in existence.
Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by Shelumiel: 8:48am On Aug 12, 2018
Please start by updating God ; then you can update His word .
Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by hopefulLandlord: 9:04am On Aug 12, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Bros the Bible has already gone through series of revisions/updates.

The Bible as it is now is different from the 4th century Bible which is the oldest Bible in existence.
thank you!
Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by hopefulLandlord: 9:06am On Aug 12, 2018
Shelumiel:
Please start by updating God ; then you can update His word .

Haven't you guys been updating Yahweh as you go?

Where in the Bible did Yahweh say people should believe his existence by faith? but you guys tell atheists that faith is all that's needed whereas in the bible Yahweh gave the people undeniable proof he exists then asked them to believe his instructions by faith

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by Brunicekid(m): 9:07am On Aug 12, 2018
The Word of God is complete and firm...The Bible said that we must not add or subtract from the Word of God.
Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by Shelumiel: 9:09am On Aug 12, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Haven't you guys been updating Yahweh as you go?

Where in the Bible did Yahweh say people should believe his existence by faith? but you guys tell atheists that faith is all that's needed whereas in the bible Yahweh gave the people undeniable proof he exists then asked them to believe his instructions by faith
We have a foundation for our beliefs , which is the bible . So where is the foundation of yours? Is it not in stupidity and a false sense of theories which cannot prove anything. ..mtchww
Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by hopefulLandlord: 9:10am On Aug 12, 2018
Shelumiel:
We have a foundation for our beliefs , which is the bible . So where is the foundation of yours? Is it not in stupidity and a false sense of theories which cannot prove anything. ..mtchww

You should've simply told me who exactly in the entire Bible believed Yahweh existed on faith but you went on a tangential rant because Yahweh has been updated from the Yahweh of the Holy Bible
Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by Shelumiel: 9:14am On Aug 12, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You would've simply told me who exactly in the entire Bible believed Yahweh existed on faith but you went on a tangential rant because Yahweh has been updated from the Yahweh of the Holy Bible
Oga, you are an atheist so your business should not be with Yahweh, but should be with science texts books which are being updated every second.
Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by hopefulLandlord: 9:19am On Aug 12, 2018
Shelumiel:
Oga, you are an atheist so your business should not be with Yahweh, but should be with science texts books which are being updated every second.

You're trying too hard to deflect that its very obvious

I still ask you Christians that say atheists should believe Yahweh exists based on faith to cite a single example of someone in the Bible who believed Yahweh existed based on faith. if you guys can't then its obvious Yahweh has been upgraded already. shouldn't the bible be upgraded too to present a Yahweh that requires people to have faith in his existence?

I think I'm done here as you can't stay on topic to save your life your Yahweh
Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by Shelumiel: 9:22am On Aug 12, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You're trying too hard to deflect that its very obvious

I still ask you Christians that say atheists should believe Yahweh exists based on faith to cite a single example of someone in the Bible who believed Yahweh existed based on faith. if you guys can't then its obvious Yahweh has been upgraded already. shouldn't the bible be upgraded too to present a Yahweh that requires people to have faith in his existence?

I think I'm done here as you can't stay on topic to save your life your Yahweh
Why not face your textbooks with their stupid theories which keep updating themselves every second. ..leave us with our YAHWEH. Okay
Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by hopefulLandlord: 9:31am On Aug 12, 2018
Brunicekid:
The Word of God is complete and firm...The Bible said that we must not add or subtract from the Word of God.

That's bullsheet that pastors have screwed into your head and you haven't even sat down to think about it

Ask yourself when the "Psalms" where that verse is located was written. then ask yourself if there aren't books written after Psalms. aren't those additions?

BTW the bible you have today was written,
rewritten, revised, rewritten, translated , retranslated, reretranslated, translated again , had some words removed, had some words added, revised again, then a council decided the parts that are worthy and those that aren't, then revised again , retranslated, reretranslated, handed over to your ancestors,translated again, retranslated again and finally passed on to you
Re: Can't The Bible Be Updated? by desmond2pk: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2018
I still believe that the concept and idea of God can be updated. The mediaeval idea of a white bearded white man on a throne with a rod is an idea of their mind, of their experiences. Jesus updated the concept of God when he said God is a spirit. He can not be seen or touched but invincible to the human eyes.
If Jesus would come today there will be an update. But do we, as Christians, have to wait for him to come until add more to the knowledge he gave us?

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Gifted With Brand New Jeep On His Birthday By Someone He Prayed For / Winners’s Chapel Founder, Oyedepo’s Deconstruction / Understanding Dominion By Dr Samuel Obiora Ezego

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.