Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:43 AM

Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need (1077 Views)

Why Can't God Kill Satan Once And For All / Can't The Bible Be Updated? / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by DumbGeek(m): 9:16am On Jan 17, 2021
Used to be this cheerful young man, always trying to work things out for me and my family and praying to God to make things go better and smoothly. Right from the age of 17 I have been stuck with depression, the church is like my number one home, both in giving and supporting, I'm the youth coordinator in trying to make sure the young ones follow a good path.

Something happened last year, I lost all I had financially, and literally I was mentally unstable for some months. My pastor's, everyone moved on like nothing happened. I got myself back together and met with three different pastor's for help, for at least a loan to help me start back up with life, they never supported.

During this time of trouble, those that preached love and kindness to me never showed any, not even moral support. I was left for myself.

Why can't the church help it's member's in need, even with all the millions the boast of?
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by ignis: 9:18am On Jan 17, 2021
The church is neither your local government chairman, state governor or your president.
Please hold them accountable.
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by BusinessCity: 9:22am On Jan 17, 2021
those that preached love and kindness to me never showed any, not even moral support.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by Kriss216: 9:26am On Jan 17, 2021
I think about this every time.

The Church will have millions untouched in the bank, a member will be unemployed, yet the Church can’t even buy Keke marwa for the member for hire purchase.

Why stock money in the bank while members of your Church are hungry? Invest in your members.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by sonmvayina(m): 9:27am On Jan 17, 2021
That is not why it was created...it aim is to seperate you from your money..Not help you in any way..

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 17, 2021
That is because the church does not practice what they preach

Jesus preaching was helping the poor and the needy, it was also a preaching of love.

The church are only concern with offerings.

in my opinion, i believe only catholic church practice what they preach, the rest churches are all about collecting and accumulating not giving back

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by DumbGeek(m): 9:31am On Jan 17, 2021
ignis:
The church is neither your local government chairman, state governor or your president.
I don't know why your comment disgust me, I know they are not, but they still have a role to play, imagine having fleets of cars as a man of God, and then a devote member whose business was about to take a beautiful turn, his business rather burnt to zero, won't you offer support, even if it's a loan or so

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by thesicilian: 9:42am On Jan 17, 2021
Some churches do help members in need with spiritual, financial and even educational support, I have been to one of such churches. Unfortunately I had to leave the church when I relocated. It is rare to find such places of worship. I think it's more about the pastor of the particular church, for example one branch of XYZ Church may be very supportive to their members passing through difficult times, while another branch may not give a damn what you're going through, and even relegate you to the background when you can no longer meet up with your financial "obligations" to them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by JayEntaur(m): 9:45am On Jan 17, 2021
I should say it depends on the Church in question.
Most Churches have a welfare / benevolence department.

Sorry about your experience.

Truth is, even in Churches, cliques exist.
If you were in the inner caucus, I'm sure they would have more helpful to you. I am not justifying their actions. Just saying it as I see it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by ignis: 10:07am On Jan 17, 2021
DumbGeek:
I don't know why your comment disgust me, I know they are not, but they still have a role to play, imagine having fleets of cars as a man of God, and then a devote member whose business was about to take a beautiful turn, his business rather burnt to zero, won't you offer support, even if it's a loan or so

The man of God is not under obligation to help his members financially
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by DZTech: 11:39am On Jan 17, 2021
lol
yr comments funi o
is it ignorance, or trying to stir up arguments?
just sad
ignis:

op
many b4 u have asked dis question.
Nigerian churches r a problem in many ways.
any community of Christians who fail to practice Acts 4:32-37 is wasting it's time.
simple.
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by omokeinde84655: 1:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
those that preached love and kindness to me never showed any, not even moral support.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2021
DumbGeek:
Used to be this cheerful young man, always trying to work things out for me and my family and praying to God to make things go better and smoothly. Right from the age of 17 I have been stuck with depression, the church is like my number one home, both in giving and supporting, I'm the youth coordinator in trying to make sure the young ones follow a good path.

Something happened last year, I lost all I had financially, and literally I was mentally unstable for some months. My pastor's, everyone moved on like nothing happened. I got myself back together and met with three different pastor's for help, for at least a loan to help me start back up with life, they never supported.

During this time of trouble, those that preached love and kindness to me never showed any, not even moral support. I was left for myself.

Why can't the church help it's member's in need, even with all the millions the boast of?
Don't Depend On D Church. D Church Too Av Needs.
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by Ezekiel36vs28: 7:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
ignis:

you are wrong my friend.He is under obligation to help financially if any has needs.That is why God instituted tithes and offerings

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by iramure(m): 8:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
Churches are greedy, they milk you dry, they dont care.
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
It depends on the church you attend.
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
ignis:
No Christian will enter Heaven without doing the work God has commanded all those who believe in Him to do I.e. works of righteousness. And what are the works that the righteous do?

FEED HIS SHEEP
* give food to those who are hungry
* give drink to those who are thirsty

TAKE CARE OF HIS SHEEP
* cloth those who are naked
* give a home to those who have no home
* care for those who are sick
* visit those who are in prison

If you think you can play according to your pastors and preachers, what I like to call "playing church", and then waltz into Heaven at the end, you are only fooling yourself. God already commanded..it is for you to obey or not to obey.
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:55am On Jan 19, 2021
Most people don't know why Christianity was established!

There are charity Organizations, people donate whatever they have to increase the lots of these Organization so that when they come in contact with those who need help they can render it. But that's not why Jesus of Nazareth commissioned Christianity! Every dime gotten was to propagate the good news of God's kingdom not to assist the needy!
But Jesus also cared for the needy, HOW? He instructed his followers to take the best care of one another not with what was given for the sake of the good news but individuals whose heart compels them on their own whatever is brought for Jesus must be used for Jesus, Christianity is not a charity group!

Where most churchgoers got it wrong was when those in charge of the treasury makes use of it for their own personal use {John 12:6} note that it was after Jesus told Judas Iscariot that whatever is brought to him should be used for him alone that Judas left and went to connive with the Chief Priest on how to make PERSONAL gain by placing a price on Jesus! Matthew 26:14-16

So you can speak with fellow believers on individual bases for financial problems you have not to the church because that's not the purpose why Jesus commissioned Christianity!
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by BusinessCity: 9:20am On Jan 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Most people don't know why Christianity was established!

There are charity Organizations, people donate whatever they have to increase the lots of these Organization so that when they come in contact with those who need help they can render it. But that's not why Jesus of Nazareth commissioned Christianity! Every dime gotten was to propagate the good news of God's kingdom not to assist the needy!
But Jesus also cared for the needy, HOW? He instructed his followers to take the best care of one another not with what was given for the sake of the good news but individuals whose heart compels them on their own whatever is brought for Jesus must be used for Jesus, Christianity is not a charity group!

Where most churchgoers got it wrong was when those in charge of the treasury makes use of it for their own personal use {John 12:6} note that it was after Jesus told Judas Iscariot that whatever is brought to him should be used for him alone that Judas left and went to connive with the Chief Priest on how to make PERSONAL gain by placing a price on Jesus! Matthew 26:14-16

So you can speak with fellow believers on individual bases for financial problems you have not to the church because that's not the purpose why Jesus commissioned Christianity!

Lies.

Can you proof all spendings are to propagate the Gospel?

Please when some persons gave government millions and food stuffs was it to propagate the Gospel?
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by BusinessCity: 9:20am On Jan 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No Christian will enter Heaven without doing the work God has commanded all those who believe in Him to do I.e. works of righteousness. And what are the works that the righteous do?

FEED HIS SHEEP
* give food to those who are hungry
* give drink to those who are thirsty

TAKE CARE OF HIS SHEEP
* cloth those who are naked
* give a home to those who have no home
* care for those who are sick
* visit those who are in prison

If you think you can play according to your pastors and preachers, what I like to call "playing church", and then waltz into Heaven at the end, you are only fooling yourself. God already commanded..it is for you to obey or not to obey.

Nice one
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:32am On Jan 19, 2021
Please cancel government and replace with Church!
We are talking about the money dedicated to the church activities not what philanthropists donated to assist the government! undecided

BusinessCity:

Lies.
Can you proof all spendings are to propagate the Gospel?
Please when some persons gave government CHURCH millions and food stuffs was it to propagate the Gospel?
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by BusinessCity: 9:33am On Jan 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please cancel government and replace with Church!
We are talking about the money dedicated to the church activities not what philanthropists donated to assist the government! undecided

Continue deceiving yourself you here. And the hotels and guest houses built is to propagate Gospel too abi?
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by Kobojunkie: 9:38am On Jan 19, 2021
BusinessCity:

Nice one
It is the truth...only those who do the will of God will enter into Heaven.
All of your church activities combined will accomplish nothing but the furthering of the kingdom of the men who own these churches here on earth - God never called anyone to doing "church activities" on his behalf. He was clear and still is clear as far as what He wants...obedience in the doing of His works...works of righteousness without which no single person will enter into Heaven. Of course all of those who will flood Hell can do without works of righteousness though.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:49am On Jan 19, 2021
Note that i'm not saying you personally shouldn't help your brother who is in need! John 12:8
But taking what's contributed for the furtherance of the good news and diverting it to personal use is the bone of contention here!
What is dedicated to God's work must be spent solely for that purpose!
Hotels and Guest houses are money making ventures not God's work that's done voluntarily.
Buying Bibles and other things needed for the good news is still for the purpose, but don't allow anyone to think that they can come for the money contributed for God's work to solve the problems they created for themselves.
There are people who willingly forgo marriage and couples who decided not to have children so that they won't become a burden for the church! 1Thessalonians 2:9

So anyone who wants to have a family must be prepared to slave for the upkeep of his family, that's not the business of the church.

Jesus had no wives nor Children, Paul never got married and many first century Christians lived a less burdensome lifestyle.

Please the money contributed to the church must be used for the church and not for anybody's personal problem! undecided

BusinessCity:

Continue deceiving yourself you here. And the hotels and guest houses built is to propagate Gospel too abi?
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by BusinessCity: 9:52am On Jan 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Note that i'm not saying you personally shouldn't help your brother who is in need! John 12:8
But taking what's contributed for the furtherance of the good news and diverting it to personal use is the bone of contention here!
What is dedicated to God's work must be spent solely for that purpose!
Hotels and Guest houses are money making ventures not God's work that's done voluntarily.
Buying Bibles and other things needed for the good news is still for the purpose, but don't allow anyone to think that they can come for the money contributed for God's work to solve the problems they created for themselves.
There are people who willingly forgo marriage and couples who decided not to have children so that they won't become a burden for the church! 1Thessalonians 2:9

So anyone who wants to have a family must be prepared to slave for the upkeep of his family, that's not the business of the church.

Jesus had no wives nor Children, Paul never got married and many first century Christians lived a less burdensome lifestyle.

Please the money contributed to the church must be used for the church and not for anybody's personal problem! undecided

Stop deceiving yourself young man

When certain members get the help they need because they belong to a clique and others don't get legitimate needs, it's still propagating the Gospel abi

Please God gave us brain and the Holy Spirit so we shouldn't be foolish. I take goodness beg you
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:58am On Jan 19, 2021
Well for your information i am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, so i'm speaking from the Bible's point of view not what unbelievers think as good deeds.
We may approach our fellow believers for financial assistance to cater for our personal needs but when it comes to the contribution donated for the purpose of the ministry, nobody must touch it!

BusinessCity:

Stop deceiving yourself young man
When certain members get the help they need because they belong to a clique and others don't get legitimate needs, it's still propagating the Gospel abi
Please God gave us brain and the Holy Spirit so we shouldn't be foolish. I take goodness beg you
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by BusinessCity: 10:03am On Jan 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Well for your information i am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, so i'm speaking from the Bible's point of view not what unbelievers think as good deeds.
We may approach our fellow believers for financial assistance to cater for our personal needs but when it comes to the contribution donated for the purpose of the ministry, nobody must touch it!

My dear. I've passed through different religious institutions.

Jesus told Peter. Feed for my sheep, cloth my sheep, take care of my sheep

Go do your homework and research on what that scripture fully implies and what social welfare means
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:17am On Jan 19, 2021
FEED MY SHEEP! John 21:15-17

It simply means making sure they get enough spiritual nourishment not carrying burdens they brought upon themselves. That's what led them to start planning how to eradicate poverty in their midst back then and they paid dearly for that blunder as they lost a couple!

So God didn't ask them to eradicate poverty for Jesus said to them "you will always have the poor wit you" {Mark 14:7} after the death of Ananiah and Saphirras the first century Christian congregation ended that program, each person can help whoever he has the power to help but coming together to plan how to eradicate poverty was a wrong step. ONLY GOD'S KINGDOM CAN BRING SUCH A CHANGE!

As long as this wicked system lasts, we will always have poor people in our midst! John 12:8

May you have PEACE! smiley

BusinessCity:

My dear. I've passed through different religious institutions. Jesus told Peter. Feed for my sheep, cloth my sheep take care of my sheep
Go do your homework and research on what that scripture fully implies and what social welfare means
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by BusinessCity: 10:22am On Jan 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
FEED MY SHEEP! John 21:15-17

It simply means making sure they get enough spiritual nourishment not carrying burdens they brought upon themselves. That's what led them to start planning how to eradicate poverty in their midst back then and they paid dearly for that blunder as they lost a couple!

So God didn't ask them to eradicate poverty for Jesus said to them "you will always have the poor wit you" {Mark 14:7} after the death of Ananiah and Saphirras the first century Christian congregation ended that program, each person can help whoever he has the power to help but coming together to plan how to eradicate poverty was a wrong step. ONLY GOD'S KINGDOM CAN BRING SUCH A CHANGE!

As long as this wicked system lasts, we will always have poor people in our midst! John 12:8

May you have PEACE! smiley

Smiles. You obviously understand the letter but lack the spirit. It's not surprising these days. Poorly need Christians

Go research on what social welfare is and have someone more spiritually mature than you teach you that scripture

I leave you in peace

Shalom
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by Kobojunkie: 10:36am On Jan 19, 2021
Contrary to claims made, the apostles never stopped doing the works of righteousness that God had commanded of them, and they are credited to this day with setting up the very first pantry system, a system which eventually helped saved so many lives during the great famine of the first century.

I am no sure where the lie that suggests that the apostles stopped doing the works of righteousness set before them by Jesus Christ comes from but history refute s such a lie.
https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/themelios/article/the-genesis-of-the-jerusalem-donation/
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by sammy329(m): 11:54am On Jan 19, 2021
undecided undecided undecided

There are lot of churches that have a very solid welfare, some churches pay some of their members school fees from primary to university.

Let's stop all these ungodly generalisation.
Re: Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2021
There's a difference between what pure worship means and what you're expecting from worship!

There is a purpose for which Christianity was established, i reasoned with you from the scriptures. Just know that God's Holy Spirit is working with God's people today and it's not a failure otherwise if what you're expecting is truly the right way to go about it and there's no religion practicing it then what you're saying indirectly is "God's Holy Spirit has failed to accomplish the purpose for which it was sent" John 14:26 smiley

BusinessCity:

Smiles. You obviously understand the letter but lack the spirit. It's not surprising these days. Poorly need Christians
Go research on what social welfare is and have someone more spiritually mature than you teach you that scripture
I leave you in peace
Shalom

(1) (2) (Reply)

Movie Review Of Mission Malaika / New York Set Up By UN Resembles The 'beast' From Revelation / The Myth Of Friday The 13th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.