Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,678 members, 7,831,105 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election (22856 Views)

Kogi Bye-Election: House Of Representatives Aspirant’s Son Beaten To Death / Senator Smart Adeyemi Attacked In Kogi During Bye Election (VIDEO) / Buhari At Campaign Rally For Bauchi South Senatorial Bye Election (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Shukuakukobambi: 11:06am On Aug 12, 2018
AkpatiOzu1:
you're right

but this is the almighty Buhari the allegedly king of the North home town we're talking about

i don't even expect pdp to get up to 20% judging from the hype by buharist here

2019 will be so interesting

All politics is local. We're talking of 2 blood brothers here and the pdp guy did worse now than the guy in 2015. PDP got 27% in 2015 and now they're getting 21%?

Whereas APC got maybe 10% in the same cross Rivers in 2015 and now it's candidate is getting 25% in the governor's local government in an election he personally supervised?

Well, we should just siddon jejely and wait for 2019

3 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 11:07am On Aug 12, 2018
This poll has exposed how south south usually votes.obudu with 75,000 voters churned out 17,000 participants yesterday in the governor's home base.this mirrors the real voting strength of cross river.i dont see how voters will turnout more in presidential elections that has 2 northerners than 2 indigenes that directly affect them.it doesnt tally.again,obudu local government is the most politically active and enlightened local council in the state alongside boki.going by this figures,pdp will have about 216,000 with apc polling 76000 during the presidential polls

3 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Shukuakukobambi: 11:13am On Aug 12, 2018
senatordave1:
This poll has exposed how south south usually votes.obudu with 75,000 voters churned out 17,000 participants yesterday in the governor's home base.this mirrors the real voting strength of cross river.i dont see how voters will turnout more in presidential elections that has 2 northerners than 2 indigenes that directly affect them.it doesnt tally.again,obudu local government is the most politically active and enlightened local council in the state alongside boki.going by this figures,pdp will have about 216,000 with apc polling 76000 during the presidential polls

Actually the south doesn't have the political awareness like the north. Here as long as it doesn't touch you personally, you might not be so bothered but the average abok.i will save up to transport himself up north to vote for his brother.

Na on top social media we Southerners dey get power cheesy

In 2019 election, between buhari and another notherner, whoever carries the north wins the country. Like Akpabio said, "no deceit this time, it's North versus North. Choose your own because I've chosen my own"

4 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by rummmy: 11:14am On Aug 12, 2018
donphilopus:

Liar. PDP was able to garner only 21% of the votes not 25%. Expect that to reduce to about 8% when it would be Buhari against an outsider.

As for that of Cross River, APC was able to secure 25.1% of the total valid votes. Expect it to remain so or even increase during the Presidential polls which would be between two Northerners.

You should be worried that Buhari who wasn't able to secure 7% of the votes in this area in 2015 can now boast of 25.1% of votes for his party there in 2018.

With this result, it's safe to say Buhari would have the required 25% in all the South South and Southeastern States.
oga,the people voted for the individual in apc, when that individual becomes buhari, I'm sure you know what the result will be.... Thank you for your attention

4 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 11:17am On Aug 12, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

All politics is local. We're talking of 2 blood brothers here and the pdp guy did worse now than the guy in 2015. PDP got 27% in 2015 and now they're getting 21%?

Whereas APC got maybe 10% in the same cross Rivers in 2015 and now it's candidate is getting 25% in the governor's local government in an election he personally supervised?

Your very correct in your analysis.it clearly shows that apc have made more progress than pdp.apc have penetrated ss/se than pdp have penetrated nw/ne.but i expected the apc chidleftains here to do better and narrow the margin of defeat like they did in bye election in yakurr.

2 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2018
rummmy:
oga,the people voted for the individual in apc, when that individual becomes buhari, I'm sure you know what the result will be.... Thank you for your attention
It will not be different.this is my state,they are indifferent to apc and dont harbour hatred.since 2015,apc have gottn more than 25% in all polls in ss/se while pdp fails to do same in ne/nw.even if buhari doesnt get 25%,the turnout will be lower than this

1 Like

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Awoo88: 11:57am On Aug 12, 2018
donphilopus:
APC got 25% in Cross River State? Thought some guys said Buhari's (2019) defeat in the South South and Southeast would be worse than that of 2015?! Thought they said they passionately hate APC in this zone?! How come APC was able to garner such votes?!

APC has made so much inroad into the South South and South East and I won't be surprised if Buhari secures 40% of the votes here come 2019 as against the 5% they got in 2015.
Be consoling your self

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by seguno2: 11:58am On Aug 12, 2018
senatordave1:
After inec finished collating the results,the returning officer instead of announcing it gave it to the pdp agents who disappeared with it
m
Was that also what APC did in Katsina
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by NairaMaster1(m): 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
Kingosytex:
isorait!! the highest rigger won!

PDP outrigged APC

What if the other way round? Eg Katsina?
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Pavarottii(m): 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
donphilopus:
APC got 25% in Cross River State? Thought some guys said Buhari's (2019) defeat in the South South and Southeast would be worse than that of 2015?! Thought they said they passionately hate APC in this zone?! How come APC was able to garner such votes?!

APC has made so much inroad into the South South and South East and I won't be surprised if Buhari secures 40% of the votes here come 2019 as against the 5% they got in 2015.
And what do u think pdp in d north will score with a northern candidate and the massive defection in the north to pdp?
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by ModsareChevres: 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
donphilopus:

But PDP also got 21% in Buhari's senatorial district.
Mischief makers everywhere.
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by escodotman: 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
donphilopus:

Don't mix it up to decieve yourself. Presidential election is different from state election! The APC candiatte who contested the election is one of their own, a Cross River man and he's different from a Buhari as candidate. People can vote for party at the state level because of the candiate and vote another party at presidential election. How do explain Magnus Abe being voted as a senator under APC where Buhari failed woeful in 2015 election?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
Lolzzz

This country is purely divided.
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
senatordave1:
Pdp clearly rigged this polls.the inec returning officer is the ASUU chairman at unical,he lectures in the english department.i know him personally,he hobnobs with pdp.am not surprised.

What's ur point actually?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by solex04(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

It's actually 21% and that's what I'm referring to.

Though I would assume that 75% katsina votes will be far greater than 75% cross river votes but then, stranger things have happened before
It's actually a shame for Apc. Pdp are not suppose to get even 2% vote in PMB zone. For them to get up-to 20% is a plus to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by budusky05(m): 12:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
donphilopus:

Let's give it to her, at least for the death of her husband. But is she into politics, does she know anything about legislation, i know she deserves some compensation but having her represent people without knowing what it takes is another.

1 Like

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by escodotman: 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

If I have to go by the logic these days, since APC got almost 25% of the votes, it must mean PDP should be very afraid in 2019. After all, it'll be one Fulani herdsman against another cheesy

One gworo eater against another. Nothing like our brother against nothernisation agenda cheesy

Abeg let this 2019 come and be going biko
But there's one gworo eater and herdmsan they hate more, who has marginalised them in goverment and openly referred to them as ''5%''.
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by adesaeed2020: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
AkpatiOzu1:
lol same with pdp that got 25% votes in Buhari's home town and constituency cheesy

shouldn't you be more worried?

Do u also know that both APC and PDP candidates are brothers from same parents. I think, the senatorial election in katsina was more of two brothers trying to outwit one another.

1 Like

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by escodotman: 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
donphilopus:

Liar. PDP was able to garner only 21% of the votes not 25%. Expect that to reduce to about 8% when it would be Buhari against an outsider.

As for that of Cross River, APC was able to secure 25.1% of the total valid votes. Expect it to remain so or even increase during the Presidential polls which would be between two Northerners.

You should be worried that Buhari who wasn't able to secure 7% of the votes in this area in 2015 can now boast of 25.1% of votes for his party there in 2018.

With this result, it's safe to say Buhari would have the required 25% in all the South South and Southeastern States.
Stop bringing Buhari into a matter between two Cross River people! Buhari had nothing to do with it! Buhari himself knows what to expect from that area during election and that was why he referred to them ''5%''.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Afamed: 12:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
seguno2:
m Was that also what APC did in Katsina
You have suddenly gotten your voice with the state election in Cross River.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Munzy14(m): 12:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
senatordave1:
I knew that governor ayade was never going to alllow apc embarrass him at home
u be mugu o,maybe u aren't aware.
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by dahnimoh(m): 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2018
senatordave1:

No sir,pdp got less than 21% in katsina when the president was away while apc 25% directly when the governor was at home and personally supervised rigging.

And you forgot that the two contestants are from the state.

The voting is to individuals and not party but when it comes to the presidential election, it will be along party line, i.e PDP and APC.

So that your analysis doesn't hold water. You are just consoling yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Ikpongiton: 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2018
donphilopus:

in buhari backyard where camels,horses,malians and nigeriens have voting right,PDP candidate still score 21%.
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by emmyid(m): 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
donphilopus:

Shut up! I'm from Obudu. APC as a party didn't attract the vote, but the candidate who contested under the Umbrella of APC is loved by many. Most persons voted for him not for his party.

The Obudu populace didn't want the lady, because she is from a different LGA and has never stepped her foot on Obudu soil. Nonetheless, PDP gavegave her the ticket to make up for the Demise of her husband. More like compensating the Family. Hope this helps?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
donphilopus:

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
donphilopus:

Trash, the vote is for the indigen of the state and not the useless northern cow.
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Aspireahead(m): 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

bros 2 of una just the make me laugh. This election was more than a PDP vs APC fight. The only reason the APC guy lost is because he is APC. The odds against the PDP candidate was huge. She is not from obudu, her husband was buried less than a month ago and she didnt even campaign. Did i tell you that PDP paid for votes? Oh yes they did.

2 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by maestroferddi: 12:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
senatordave1:
Pdp clearly rigged this polls.the inec returning officer is the ASUU chairman at unical,he lectures in the english department.i know him personally,he hobnobs with pdp.am not surprised.
How far now?
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by emmyid(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2018
Aspireahead:
bros 2 of una just the make me laugh. This election was more than a PDP vs APC fight. The only reason the APC guy lost is because he is APC. The odds against the PDP candidate was huge. She is not from obudu, her husband was buried less than a month ago and she didnt even campaign. Did i tell you that PDP paid for votes? Oh yes they did.

Let's tell him bro. We that are from there know better. The APC Guy was the People's favorite. If I were home, I would have voted for the APC guy. But that doesn't make me an APC supporter.

1 Like

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by seguno2: 12:40pm On Aug 12, 2018
Afamed:

You have suddenly gotten your voice with the state election in Cross River.

I don’t understand what you are talking about
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Shukuakukobambi: 12:41pm On Aug 12, 2018
Aspireahead:
bros 2 of una just the make me laugh. This election was more than a PDP vs APC fight. The only reason the APC guy lost is because he is APC. The odds against the PDP candidate was huge. She is not from obudu, her husband was buried less than a month ago and she didnt even campaign. Did i tell you that PDP paid for votes? Oh yes they did

Really? That's interesting

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC / Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong / 5000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.