Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election (22834 Views)

Kogi Bye-Election: House Of Representatives Aspirant’s Son Beaten To Death / Senator Smart Adeyemi Attacked In Kogi During Bye Election (VIDEO) / Buhari At Campaign Rally For Bauchi South Senatorial Bye Election (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Mrs. Abbey Ukpukpen, has emerged victorious in the Obudu State Constituency bye-election into the Cross River State House of Assembly, trouncing her All Progressives Congress (APC) opponent, Mr. Adah Ishamali.
The PDP candidate scored 12,530 to beat APC's candidate, Ishamali who polled 4,349 votes.
Having won the majority of the votes cast, Mrs Ukpukpen was subsequently declared winner by the INEC Returning Officer, Dr. Tony Eyang.
Mrs. Ukpukpen is the widow of the late Hon. Steven Ukpukpen, whose demise led to the declaration of the seat vacant. Reacting to the victory, Governor Ayade said: "The election was more of a referendum on my acceptability and my stewardship to my people. There couldn't be any more resounding affirmation than this from my people.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by donphilopus: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2018
APC got 25% in Cross River State? Thought some guys said Buhari's (2019) defeat in the South South and Southeast would be worse than that of 2015?! Thought they said they passionately hate APC in this zone?! How come APC was able to garner such votes?!

APC has made so much inroad into the South South and South East and I won't be surprised if Buhari secures 40% of the votes here come 2019 as against the 5% they got in 2015.

79 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by upower123(m): 10:37am On Aug 12, 2018
Ok
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Kingosytex(m): 10:38am On Aug 12, 2018
isorait!! the highest rigger won!

PDP outrigged APC

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Shukuakukobambi: 10:39am On Aug 12, 2018
senatordave1:
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Mrs. Abbey Ukpukpen, has emerged victorious in the Obudu State Constituency bye-election into the Cross River State House of Assembly, trouncing her All Progressives Congress (APC) opponent, Mr. Adah Ishamali.
The PDP candidate scored 12,530 to beat APC's candidate, Ishamali who polled 4,349 votes.
Having won the majority of the votes cast, Mrs Ukpukpen was subsequently declared winner by the INEC Returning Officer, Dr. Tony Eyang.
Mrs. Ukpukpen is the widow of the late Hon. Steven Ukpukpen, whose demise led to the declaration of the seat vacant. Reacting to the victory, Governor Ayade said: "The election was more of a referendum on my acceptability and my stewardship to my people. There couldn't be any more resounding affirmation than this from my people.

If I have to go by the logic these days, since APC got almost 25% of the votes, it must mean PDP should be very afraid in 2019. After all, it'll be one Fulani herdsman against another cheesy

One gworo eater against another. Nothing like our brother against nothernisation agenda cheesy

Abeg let this 2019 come and be going biko

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 10:42am On Aug 12, 2018
Pdp clearly rigged this one

18 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2018
I knew that governor ayade was never going to alllow apc embarrass him at home

9 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2018
Pdp clearly rigged this polls.the inec returning officer is the ASUU chairman at unical,he lectures in the english department.i know him personally,he hobnobs with pdp.am not surprised.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2018
At least apc got 25% in the governor's lga

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by AkpatiOzu1: 10:50am On Aug 12, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

If I have to go by the logic these days, since APC got almost 25% of the votes, it must mean PDP should be very afraid in 2019. After all, it'll be one Fulani herdsman against another cheesy

One gworo eater against another. Nothing like our brother against nothernisation agenda cheesy

Abeg let this 2019 come and be going biko
and remember that PDP got 25% votes in Buhari's home and constituency

so apc should be very very afraid too grin

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by AkpatiOzu1: 10:50am On Aug 12, 2018
senatordave1:
At least apc got 25% in the governor's lga
lol same with pdp that got 25% votes in Buhari's home town and constituency cheesy

shouldn't you be more worried?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by AkpatiOzu1: 10:51am On Aug 12, 2018
[s]
senatordave1:
Pdp clearly rigged this polls.the inec returning officer is the ASUU chairman at unical,he lectures in the english department.i know him personally,he hobnobs with pdp.am not surprised.
[/s]
trash

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by AkpatiOzu1: 10:51am On Aug 12, 2018
[s]
senatordave1:
I knew that governor ayade was never going to alllow apc embarrass him at home
[/s]
claptrap

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by donphilopus: 10:51am On Aug 12, 2018
AkpatiOzu1:

Liar. PDP was able to garner only 21% of the votes not 25%. Expect that to reduce to about 8% when it would be Buhari against an outsider.

As for that of Cross River, APC was able to secure 25.1% of the total valid votes. Expect it to remain so or even increase during the Presidential polls which would be between two Northerners.

You should be worried that Buhari who wasn't able to secure 7% of the votes in this area in 2015 can now boast of 25.1% of votes for his party there in 2018.

With this result, it's safe to say Buhari would have the required 25% in all the South South and Southeastern States.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by AkpatiOzu1: 10:52am On Aug 12, 2018
[s]
senatordave1:
Pdp clearly rigged this one
[/s]
more trash

3 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 10:52am On Aug 12, 2018
AkpatiOzu1:
lol same with pdp that got 25% votes in Buhari's home town and constituency cheesy

shouldn't you be more worried?
No sir,pdp got less than 21% in katsina when the president was away while apc 25% directly when the governor was at home and personally supervised rigging.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by AkpatiOzu1: 10:52am On Aug 12, 2018
donphilopus:

Liar
hahahahahahaha you must have failed mathematics in your school days

e pain am well well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by Shukuakukobambi: 10:53am On Aug 12, 2018
AkpatiOzu1:

It's actually 21% and that's what I'm referring to.

Though I would assume that 75% katsina votes will be far greater than 75% cross river votes but then, stranger things have happened before

8 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 10:53am On Aug 12, 2018
AkpatiOzu1:
[s][/s]
trash
Admins,this is isa abubakar.please do the needful.i dont want him in my thread

1 Like

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by AkpatiOzu1: 10:55am On Aug 12, 2018
[s]
senatordave1:

Admins,this is isa abubakar.please do the needful.i dont want him in my thread
[/s]Na you be Abubakar
truth burns isn't it bra?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:55am On Aug 12, 2018
senatordave1:

Osuagwu?
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by AkpatiOzu1: 10:55am On Aug 12, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

It's actually 21% and that's what I'm referring to.

Though I would assume that 75% katsina votes will be far greater than 75% cross river votes but then, stranger things have happened before
you're right

but this is the almighty Buhari the allegedly king of the North home town we're talking about

i don't even expect pdp to get up to 20% judging from the hype by buharist here

2019 will be so interesting

7 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 10:56am On Aug 12, 2018
After inec finished collating the results,the returning officer instead of announcing it gave it to the pdp agents who disappeared with it

7 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:56am On Aug 12, 2018
Ben Ayade rigging machines in full gear. They shal be crushed soon

5 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 10:57am On Aug 12, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Osuagwu?
Pardon?
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by otokx(m): 10:57am On Aug 12, 2018
We were not expecting APC to win.

3 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:58am On Aug 12, 2018
senatordave1:

Pardon?

I mean the ASUU Chairman?
Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by AkpatiOzu1: 10:59am On Aug 12, 2018
otokx:
We were not expecting APC to win.
just like pdp in Buhari's home

2 Likes

Re: Abbey Ukpukpen Wins Obudu Bye-election by senatordave1(m): 11:00am On Aug 12, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

I mean the ASUU Chairman?
Dr tony eyang became asu chairman,unical branch in 2015.i dont know if hes still the chairman.the dr osuagwu i know is an associate prof in same english department

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State / 2023: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Bakare Favoured Presidential Hopefuls / Abdulsalami Abubakar And Governor Obiano At Nnamdi Azikiwe University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.