Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

"Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues (16768 Views)

Ex-Husband Gives Current Husband Appreciation Gift For Taking Care Of His Kids / Woman Breaks Eggs At Beach, Curses Emma For Taking Advantage Of Her (Video) / Mom Shows Her Son What It Feels Like Taking Care Of A Baby (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by HeWrites(m): 11:35am On Aug 12, 2018

A lady on Twitter took to her Twitter TL to advise other women to stop congratulating men for taking care of their own children.

See more of her tweets below;
"Please let’s stop congratulating men for taking care of THEIR children.

A man takes his child to the park “aww. This is so cute”.

We should give him a lollipop for what exactly?

Please let your “aww” be on the same energy level when a mother takes her child to the park.

Stop � giving � men � special passes.

In middle management all over the world, the number of women thins out steadily (even in the most developed countries). This is directly related to child bearing ages of women. Women take on an unfair burden of childcare & this impacts their careers.

So please let’s stop this narrative that a man is doing something exceptional when he spends time doing things that are expected of a parent."

https://www.torimill.co/viral/9397/lets-stop-congratulating-men-for-taking-care-of-their-children-lady-argues.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:39am On Aug 12, 2018
Typical selfish women...when the child is little he/she is the man's child..therefore the man takes care of 'his child's' tuition and medical bills...when the child matures into a full fledged successful man/woman, he/she becomes 'my child'..

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by eezeribe(m): 11:42am On Aug 12, 2018
We(especially husbands) should also stop celebrating and congratulating women who stayed with their husbands and boyfriends when they were broke..

We(especially husbands) should also stop congratulating women and buying them gifts when they give birth.

Women and double standards... Tụfịakwa

173 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by LuvU2: 11:47am On Aug 12, 2018
People congratulate men for having time for their own kids, wow what a world.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by eezeribe(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2018
AkpaMgbor:
Typical selfish women...when the child is little he/she is the man's child..therefore the man takes care of 'his child's' tuition and medical bills...when the child matures into a full fledged successful man/woman, he/she becomes 'my child'..
They are so selfish and self-centered
Husband's car is our car...
Wife's car is my car...
Husband's money is our money...
Wife's money is my money...

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by highqueen(f): 11:55am On Aug 12, 2018
I'm telling you! A man baths his child, woow!! he's so caring. really?what the Bleep is wrong in a man bathing his child??

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 12, 2018
When I was child, my dad never really had much of our time as kids, he was so busy working, making money and raising 9 kids.. Yes from one mother! so when he would eventually bring out that time to come to as little as PTA meetings.. I did the 'Awwing' myself inugwo. And I was ever so proud to show him off.
Even though my mum deserves more accolades, I still give my daddy some accolades..e no easy o aunty poster... Especially when the dad doesn't have time

56 Likes

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Ksatriy: 11:55am On Aug 12, 2018
Let stop congratulating women and paying them visit when they give birth.
Even rats give birth too.

120 Likes 12 Shares

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
LuvU2:
People congratulate men for having time for their own kids, wow what a world.
until perception changes that a man should carry more financial burdens than the woman, men should be congratulated for having time for their kids undecided

Two spoons can't enter a mouth without severe outcomes

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Baawaa(m): 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2018
Because your father did not take care of you that is why you are saying this trash

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2018
Except a man is lazy..
real hardworking guys don't have enough time for their kids..

Every sensible and responsible woman knows this and that is why its kind of adorable and commendable when a man spends quality time with his children in the midst of putting aside many other things like business schedule..

32 Likes

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by sarahade(f): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ode

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by LuvU2: 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Igbokiller:
until perception changes that a man should carry more financial burdens than the woman, men should be congratulated for having time for their kids undecided

Two spoons can't enter a mouth without severe outcomes
Let ur kids pay for "wrong perceptions" then
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by pocohantas(f): 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
A man takes his child to the park “aww. This is so cute”.
We should give him a lollipop for what exactly?
Please let your “aww” be on the same energy level when a mother takes her child to the park. Stop giving men special passes.

That's her problem at highlighted. She needs to understand she isn't in a competition with men. Allow husbands/fathers get their due accolades.

I don't know why some women are selfish like this, even on Father's Day, you will see them celebrating themselves. I have never seen a single dad celebrate himself on Mother's Day.

There would always be some 'special passes', it has a lot to do with traditional roles and expectations of both parents. If you look at it without a bias or competitive mind, maybe, just maybe, you won't think it is a special pass. Just a man being appreciated for being a good father. It is not easy to be a good father. If a man is a good father and a good husband, ahbeg, he deserves accolades.

In fact, I pity this generation of instagram wives and slayqueens, they don't know what they're up against. In this generation of slaykings who spend all their time arguing with women, analysing women's breast and vagina. Grown men these days be whining like sissies, being in a relationship with some, be feeling like a lesbian relationship. Better hook one good man and give him all the accolades grin.

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
LuvU2:
Let ur kids pay for "wrong perceptions" then
what's there to pay for?

Oh I forgot, the little time ur father had for u is what made you mentally backward cheesy and big mouthed (indecisive) embarassed

10 Likes

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by LuvU2: 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
Igbokiller:
what's there to pay for?

Oh I forgot, the little time ur father had for u is what made you mentally backward cheesy and big mouthed (indecisive) embarassed
Lol What's there to pay for? Aint u enough proof of father neglect? You nd all the numerous pyschos headed for self destuct re paying for ur fathers' failed choice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2018
LuvU2:
Lol What's there to pay for? Aint u enough proof of father neglect? You nd all the numerous pyschos headed for self destuct re paying for ur fathers' failed choice.
:Dno need for me to throw another jab.you just described your self perfectly grin

13 Likes

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by LuvU2: 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
Igbokiller:
:Dno need for me to throw another jab.you just described your self perfectly grin
time will tell smiley
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
LuvU2:
time will tell smiley
it's telling already grin

17 Likes

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
We don't cheer people or clap for people when they attend to their responsibilities because we want them to feel on top of the world. We cheer people to encourage them to do more. I have seen a similar post on twitter and this is obvious "disrespect". If a man does something "men" are not known for doing, it is a good thing to encourage them. Just as many encourage women taking on positions that have been attached to the male gender a long time.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Tinalex(f): 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
majekdom2:
We don't cheer people or clap for people when they attend to their responsibilities because we want them to feel on top of the world. We cheer people to encourage them to do more. I have seen a similar post on twitter and this is obvious "disrespect". If a man does something "men" are not known for doing, it is a good thing to encourage them. Just as many encourage women taking on positions that have been attached to the male gender a long time.
Gbam! That's the psychology behind this whole brouhaha. Wisdom is available to a few. I can't believe some mugus just equate a man taking his kids to the park with a woman getting pregnant and birthing the child!!! Bunch of disrespectful no good doers!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Biglittlelois(f): 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2018
The reason why they are celebrated is cos it's rare for them to do that, all they care about is making money and meet food on the table when they get back from worktongue let them enjoy it , we all know at the end of the day, the kids would always put their mother first tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by asdfjklhaha(f): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
h
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Iruobean(m): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
I'm here to read comments from ladies.
Let's hear what the ladies have to say

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by mars123(m): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
women dont listen to this confused lady, I bet you she isnt married...My father didnt give a damn, I made it on my own, and with mama prayers. Good fathers are not as commonplace as you think. If your man is responsible, cherish him, celebrate him. Dont do the opposite like this fool is advising.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
Goes both ways. Women like to be praised for carrying out basic motherly functions. There are tons of songs and poems written for that reason.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by abumoney(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
A Feminist is described as a lady who has really suffered in the hands of men. They become begin to type and support every nonsense against men and they cry at night out of boredom and loneliness. Ladies, be wise

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by WhoBeThisMan: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
See her face, go check well she's probably not even married or perhaps out of one.

Sad and bitter women always trying to advise other women from their bitter point of view.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by BlackPantherxXx: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
Shes pretty

1 Like

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
Stop congratulating men for being good fathers?

Congratulate only mothers, ko?

Just when I thought I'd heard everything the internet hits me with a new example of the infinity of human stupidity.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Discipline A Child Without Flogging Him Or Her? / Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta / Should Wife Give Her Inheritance To Her Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.