Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

"Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues (16778 Views)

Ex-Husband Gives Current Husband Appreciation Gift For Taking Care Of His Kids / Woman Breaks Eggs At Beach, Curses Emma For Taking Advantage Of Her (Video) / Mom Shows Her Son What It Feels Like Taking Care Of A Baby (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Jaqenhghar: 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
Let me guess, she is probably single
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
She’s has a big point. Only in A black man will you see such despicable level of uncaring attitude towards his children. His ego, immaturity and cheating nature will not allow him act like a decent husband. White men are better, they see nuturimg as a way of life and not just for women. Lazy blaxk mans excuse will be, I work to take care of the finances, but hello, dumb fools, women work also and combine it with giving birth and raising kids.
Black men are disgusting especially Nigerian ones. Tufia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by duchessphils: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
pocohantas:

That's her problem at highlighted. She needs to understand she isn't in a competition with men. Allow husbands/fathers get their due accolades.

I don't know why some women are selfish like this, even on Father's Day, you will see them celebrating themselves. I have never seen a single dad celebrate himself on Mother's Day.

There would always be some 'special passes', it has a lot to do with traditional roles and expectations of both parents. If you look at it without a bias or competitive mind, maybe, just maybe, you won't think it is a special pass. Just a man being appreciated for being a good father. It is not easy to be a good father. If a man is a good father and a good husband, ahbeg, he deserves accolades.

@Pocohantas Your head is filled with better oil
You go marry beta husband and get beta children!!!!!
Amin!!!!

1 Like

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Jaqenhghar: 7:03pm On Aug 12, 2018
highqueen:
I'm telling you!
A man baths his child, woow!! he's so caring.
really?what the Bleep is wrong in a man bathing his child??

Same way society goes wow whe a woman is the one bringing home the bacon
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by obowunmi(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
this one will never marry.
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by revolt(m): 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
Biglittlelois:
The reason why they are celebrated is cos it's rare for them to do that, all they care about is making money and meet food on the table when they get back from worktongue let them enjoy it , we all know at the end of the day, the kids would always put their mother first tongue
ohh dear yre so wrong. I ddnt put mine first(mum). I love them separately in different ways... My mums legacies are emmotionally based and non tangible. My dads legacies are houses and some real estate...even in death (r.i.p) his legacies can still serve generations to come. So maam spk for thyself. Plus the older i get as a man i apprec8 my dad more and more. Its not a competition.

1 Like

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
Typical Egoistic Nigerian Men's replies.
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
When we learn to celebrate others life becomes simpler

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by John237: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
THIS IS ONE OF THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE LATEST TREND IN OUR SOCIETY CALLED SINGLE MOTHER / SINGLE FATHER UPBRINGING OF CHILDREN
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by hi3: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
LuvU2:
People congratulate men for having time for their own kids, wow what a world.
yes, we deserve the accolades

1 Like

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by jayAjoku(m): 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
In the same vane lets also stop congratulating women for gettig pregnant and giving birth.
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by eyinjuege: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
Why are people comparing childbirth to taking your child to the park or bathing your child?
People congratulate new parents for the new addition to their families. Its not only mothers that are congratulated for a newbirth.
New mothers have just had a major health change in their bodies, some have had major surgeries, some have had instrumental deliveries. People will definitely go and greet them in hospital. Same way they will go and greet a man 2ho has just had his appendix removed or heart surgery..
If you are going to compare things, pls compare the comparables. As if women don't take their children to the parks or bath their kids.
Why not praise and aww over women who are paying their children's school fees and meeting the needs in their homes. There are plenty of such women around. But the truth is they don't deserve special accolades for paying for their children's needs. They're your children and your responsibility. Not mine. Your husband might praise and hail you, na una family problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by revolt(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
eyinjuege:
Why are people comparing childbirth to taking your child to the park or bathing your child?
People congratulate new parents for the new addition to their families. Its not only mothers that are congratulated for a newbirth.
New mothers have just had a major health change in their bodies, some have had major surgeries, some have had instrumental deliveries. People will definitely go and greet them in hospital. Same way they will go and greet a man 2ho has just had his appendix removed or heart surgery..
If you are going to compare things, pls compare the comparables. As if women don't take their children to the parks or bath their kids.
Why not praise and aww over women who are paying their children's school fees and meeting the needs in their homes. There are plenty of such women around. But the truth is they don't deserve special accolades for paying for their children's needs. They're your children and your responsibility
health challenge ke...women are built for child birth and sadly in the process some lose their lives ...ermm rats,cats, dogs, do yhe same...also lets not forget men have a responsibilty for caring for their kids and guess what MORE MEN DIE IN THE PROCESS !!! Early death. So if men arent supposed to get encouraged cos of feminist man hating stupid ideals then lets do the same. Afterall men never come comparing and whinning about howmuch sacrifice they made for kids.
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Tedassie(m): 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by pocohantas(f): 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2018
eyinjuege:

Anyone comparing childbirth to taking a child to the park is a very stupid person. No apologies.
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
eezeribe:
We(especially husbands) should also stop celebrating and congratulating women who stayed with their husbands and boyfriends when they were broke..

We(especially husbands) should also stop congratulating women and buying them gifts when they give birth.

Women and double standards... Tụfịakwa
You are talking trash.Does a man caring for his kids come with same responsibility as a woman staying with her husband when they broke or when a woman gives birth?
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by sweetilicious(f): 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
Least of the things we should be wasting time debating on.
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Navalsadiq(m): 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2018
Provably she wants people to congratulate her Father instead
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by akinszz: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
HeWrites:

A lady on Twitter took to her Twitter TL to advise other women to stop congratulating men for taking care of their own children.

See more of her tweets below;
"Please let’s stop congratulating men for taking care of THEIR children.

A man takes his child to the park “aww. This is so cute”.

We should give him a lollipop for what exactly?

Please let your “aww” be on the same energy level when a mother takes her child to the park.

Stop � giving � men � special passes.

In middle management all over the world, the number of women thins out steadily (even in the most developed countries). This is directly related to child bearing ages of women. Women take on an unfair burden of childcare & this impacts their careers.

So please let’s stop this narrative that a man is doing something exceptional when he spends time doing things that are expected of a parent."

https://www.torimill.co/viral/9397/lets-stop-congratulating-men-for-taking-care-of-their-children-lady-argues.html

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by londoner: 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2018
She is 100% right though. I do the same thing of making it seem cute when a father is with his child. It's actually wrong to act as if they are doing something extraordinary because they aren't if we look at it closely.

It's just that so many men are just not stepping up to their responsibility to their children.

It makes the most basic things seem so magical. It's sad really.

1 Like

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by eyinjuege: 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
revolt:
health challenge ke...women are built for child birth and sadly in the process some lose their lives ...ermm rats,cats, dogs, do yhe same...also lets not forget men have a responsibilty for caring for their kids and guess what MORE MEN DIE IN THE PROCESS !!! Early death. So if men arent supposed to get encouraged cos of feminist man hating stupid ideals then lets do the same. Afterall men never come comparing and whinning about howmuch sacrifice they made for kids.

How have men died from caring for their kids? Please don't mention blood pressure and all other diseases which can be prevented by modifying risk factors such as obesity, smoking, alcohol , exercises etc. Women equally make all the sacrifices men make, and more. Many women in Nigeria work, and contribute to the finances of their homes. They still look after their children
You can't say childbirth is just a walk in the park, and for you to trivalise it and compare it to the loss of life of animals is deplorable. When other countries have things under control, the Nigerian man is celebrating the high maternal mortality in its women. You have problems o, big one and you have nobody to tell you.
Your counterparts of other races with low maternal mortality, and generally longer life expectancy look after their children, take care of their homes and also work. Here you are comparing the lives of your women to cats, rats and dogs. Tufiakwa.
We can see why Nigeria is the way it is. This has nothing to do with feminism btw. Just common sense.
Family planning is important for you women o. If you die, you die. The world will move on. If you die for any man, they will spit on your grave. Your health should come first before any expectations of society. Its your body, your life, your womb. Use family planning o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
STARKACE:
dude remind me to never beef with u on nairaland, you just silently and slowly destroy that beautiful lady
I have my moments grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by NdiaraIGBO: 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
MossLuv:
The way women especially your ladies of this generation think and behave this days, I will advice young men that want to marry to have a concrete agreement with his lady before going into marriage. Let everything be share equally both financial and domestic chores. if I bring 10k you bring 1ok, if you cook today, I cook tomorrow.... yes na! nobody is husband (head) or wife.

Exactly, that is how it works in ALL western countries.
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Talibanis: 8:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
God bless u jo.
mars123:
women dont listen to this confused lady, I bet you she isnt married...My father didnt give a damn, I made it on my own, and with mama prayers. Good fathers are not as commonplace as you think. If your man is responsible, cherish him, celebrate him. Dont do the opposite like this fool is advising.

1 Like

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by bossvicks06: 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
Life! Nawa oh ...som pops neva give a minute 2 dia kids, and stil dont provide shit...yt wen d kids bcom succesful tomoro, they gt 2 b called by dia surnames!! I respkt nd praise mine a lot, evn wen i virtually made it witout im...cos i realised dt there are some tins u cud do more easily wit him being present..ask arwnd.. most peepz huz pops ar l8 stil on crtin days wish d nigg ws alive fr one reasn or d oda! Merhn..fr men hu provid, nd giv kids time fr play, i nid tips mbok
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by LuvU2: 8:59pm On Aug 12, 2018
danilmo:

luvU2 is coming for u
Lol
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Ksatriy: 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2018
virago:

This is so lame
Is the lady's statement about not congratulating men also lame?
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Maghan37: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2018
highqueen:
I'm telling you!

What d bleep is wrong with a woman taking care of are husband when he is broke without broadcasting it to d rest of d world.
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by Maghan37: 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2018
Women are so biased. That is why in most cases men are More suitable for ruling than most women. There are very few songs that celebrate fathers but so many songs,poems and so many artistic forms dat give accolades to women, in fact an average Nigerian man will break ur head for insulting is mom but join u in scolding is dad(humour).
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by marvinsync(m): 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
HeWrites:

A lady on Twitter took to her Twitter TL to advise other women to stop congratulating men for taking care of their own children.

See more of her tweets below;
"Please let’s stop congratulating men for taking care of THEIR children.

A man takes his child to the park “aww. This is so cute”.

We should give him a lollipop for what exactly?

Please let your “aww” be on the same energy level when a mother takes her child to the park.

Stop � giving � men � special passes.

In middle management all over the world, the number of women thins out steadily (even in the most developed countries). This is directly related to child bearing ages of women. Women take on an unfair burden of childcare & this impacts their careers.

So please let’s stop this narrative that a man is doing something exceptional when he spends time doing things that are expected of a parent."

https://www.torimill.co/viral/9397/lets-stop-congratulating-men-for-taking-care-of-their-children-lady-argues.html

please don't listen to this lady oh

she's not married!!!
Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by emorse(m): 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
AnonyNymous:
Goes both ways. Women like to be praised for carrying out basic motherly functions. There are tons of songs and poems written for that reason.
Talking about songs, someone once said that the only song done for fathers is only sung at funerals. "a ti GBE baba re le..." lol

1 Like

Re: "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues by generationz(f): 10:16pm On Aug 12, 2018
highqueen:
I'm telling you!

same way when you see a lady mechanic, engineer, firefighter or CEO you shouldn't congratulate her for thriving in a role that is dominated by the opposite sex. After all

work na work

its her duty

we shouldn't throw a party for her

she isn't the first human being to be there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Women Outliving Men? / =N=5,000 Weekly Charitable Gifts / Is It Possible To Discipline A Child Without Flogging Him Or Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.