Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,571 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? (1884 Views)

Can A Woman Be Pregnant For 9 Months Without Knowing She's Pregnant? / Can I Get Pregnant Just After My Period Has Finished? Must Read / Woman Injured In Taraba Explosion Breastfeeding Her Baby (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Anonymn: 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Greetings to you all. I registered this account moments ago for the purpose of this thread. My wife gave birth almost 4 months ago to our first baby, a beautiful girl. About few days ago, she came down with fever-like symptoms; she was complaining of cold, catarrh, headache, body weakness and nauseousness. I got her Procold and Paracetamol but they didn't seemed to work as the symptoms persist. I went to the pharmacy yesterday to discuss this and I was advised to get her Anti-malaria and Typhoid drugs that are safe for breastfeeding mothers, which I did. She felt a little relief this morning but the nausea feeling and tiredness persist. Yesterday she hinted she was pregnant because she was feeling all the symptoms she felt during her first pregnancy last year. I downplayed this of course! I was like her chances of getting pregnant while still actively breastfeeding is slim as already learnt. But deep down I was worried because we had unprotected sex few weeks back and I mistakenly ejaculated in her. I felt it was safe as she just finished menstruating 2 to 3 days before then.

So this morning, I told her to do a quick pregnancy test. She came back from the bathroom almost immediately she went in, worried to tell me she tested positive. I was dumbstruck! We are NOT prepared to have another child now. We both agreed to have our second child two years after. We even planned to go for family planning last month but I wasn't chanced at all, so I decided we should go before month end.

We are in a dire financial situation at the moment. She hasn't been working since last year; I am fully responsible for the household and the pressure is much on me alone.To help out, she decided to put her skills to good use, so she started a business which I financed weeks ago. I just committed more funds to her business 3 days back. We are trying to improve our finance as a family before a second child arrives so we can effectively take care of them and ourselves. This happening now just put a big hole in that plan. I'm devastated now and I don't know what to. I'M EVEN CONSIDERING AN ABORTION.

Or could it be the antimalarial and typhoid drugs that gave the false positive? Though I will take her to the hospital tomorrow for proper pregnancy test but I need to prepare for the inevitable, hence the need to post this. Kindly advise a bro.
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Aonkuuse(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
why not? abortion isn't ethically right, but you don't have a choice though. but you had a chance to leave your wife alone for up to five to six months
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by ifex370(m): 12:13pm On Aug 12, 2018
Why would you want to abort a blessing?

1 Like

Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by thorpido(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2018
Many young couples keep making this mistake.Your wife can get pregnant about 2months after childbirth. ...breastfeeding or not!

Breastfeeding used to work well in those days.Now it is not that effective........diet change,hormonal factors,environmental changes,body adaptation e.t.c

I wouldn't advice you abort the child but whatever you decide, make sure you go on proper family planning after.
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Anonymn: 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
[quote author=thorpido post=70208114][/quote]
Thanks for that advise. I just hope I don't do what I will regret in the long run
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Coolcris: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2018
But I thought a nursing mother who breastfeeds her baby very well hardly menstruate, so how come? Please can somebody enlighten me on this.
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Anonymn: 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
That was what I thought too o my brother. It's even exclusive breastfeeding and my baby can suck.
Coolcris:
But I thought a nursing mother who breastfeeds her baby very well hardly menstruate, so how come? Please can somebody enlighten me on this.
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by yvelchstores(f): 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2018
Coolcris:
I did exclusive breast feeding for my daughter but period started exactly 1 month after I gave birth to her and continued normal monthly cycles. Not every woman. My body was ready to get pregnant after just one month, despite exclusive breast feeding so we had to take caution.

Op, I will advise against abortion. Don't be so nervous about it. Encourage her and take it one step at a time. Congratulations to your latest addition. Cheer up, it's not as bad as it looks
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Cynthiabelle(f): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2018
Once a woman sees her period after child birth she can conceive.

Try to calm down and make the best decision.
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
The birth of your first child was in April. I'm going to calculate "four months ago" to be April. If your wife goes ahead with this second-but-soon pregnancy, she should also give birth to the second in April (2019). If the second baby is a girl, she would be able to use her big sister's baby clothes. If it's a boy, clothes aside, he would still be able to use his big sister's baby items. And with both of their birthdays in April, you could celebrate both of their birthdays together in this month. My point is this could be a blessing in disguise because it would save you money in the long run. So look on the bright side.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Anonymn: 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
Thank you all for your sincere advice. Has anyone experienced this before? I will like to hear one or two stories, maybe that would encourage us
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Aquablue: 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2018
My elder sister got pregnant whilst on 3month Mat leave for the first child,despite doing exclusive bf and no period,so u see,it happens. You just have to be supportive ,because it is stressful on the woman's body.help with chores and baby pls to ease ur wife. Be strong for ur family.God will provide all u need to care for your family.

1 Like

Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
If she can carry it why not leave the baby..Since she just started the business. .all things being equal your finances will likely improve before nine months and as the term progresses she can look for a sales assistant..
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by prettysassygirl(f): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
Don't abort oo,I know a family that aborted for same reason,the first child is 13 years now and the wife didn't get pregnant till now. Sometimes mistakes like this happens.just bear it.my cousins all grown up are three months apart agewise,same thing happened to their parent. People must talk after talking they would kip shut,its that simple, if its for money issue,don't worry u guys would pull through,just manage better and cut your coats according to the size of your pockets.

1 Like

Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by atilla(m): 9:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
Anonymn:
Thank you all for your sincere advice. Has anyone experienced this before? I will like to hear one or two stories, maybe that would encourage us

Broderly this happened to one of my closest friends. They have had 2 kids almost born the same year and they are so happy. D boys are so close alnost like twins and i am Godfather to not one, but 2 boys. Like a poster said above your next baby might be born a year after. God has a way of making everything easy if u decide to go ahead with it next baby. Please let us know how it goes
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Anonymn: 10:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
This is scary!
prettysassygirl:
Don't abort oo,I know a family that aborted for same reason,the first child is 13 years now and the wife didn't get pregnant till now. Sometimes mistakes like this happens.just bear it.my cousins all grown up are three months apart agewise,same thing happened to their parent. People must talk after talking they would kip shut,its that simple, if its for money issue,don't worry u guys would pull through,just manage better and cut your coats according to the size of your pockets.
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Exponental(m): 7:39am On Aug 13, 2018
Don't abort..... I've seen a case of sisters who are 9months apart (though different years). All efforts for a 3rd didn't yield. I understand you very well but if there are ways you can manage out, pls think of it.
Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by giftygirl1(f): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2018
Well brother this happened to ME!! Mum told me dt once I exclusively breastfeed my child dt I wudnt take in.dt was hw it worked for her. She is my 1st child,so we made love wtout protection cos I was 'exclusively breastfeedin'. I rarely vomit or spit durin pregnancy and u wont notice dt am pregnant until its about 7months so I didnt suspect it. I only felt unusuali tired,took injections 4 malaria an typhoid.But I noticed a 'lump' inside my stomach. Wen my child was 9months I took her 4 immunization and complained to the doc abt d 'lump',he told me to go 4 a scan which I did.came back wt it and he told me I was 22 weeks pregnant!!!. I startd wailing! D doc was suprised,he startd askin pple if its possibl 4 someone 2 be pregnant and doesnt know cos d baby was already moving! I wailed all d way home cos my girl was jst 9months and in less than 4month,I wil go tru labour again!. Abortion ws d last thing even though we were jst startin 2 build our family. My girl was 1yr and a month old when I had my son.wasnt easy nursing both of them.Today they are both 8 and 7 years old. So u see my brother it happens often esp wt newbies,so I always advice women to protect themselves once lochia(d blood dt comes after birth) disappears.because u OVULATE b4 u MENSTRUATE.so u can get pregnant wtout seein ur period as it happened to me. Meanwhile dont even talk of abortion cos complication can occur and ur wife wont be able to give birth again plus d guilt. Nothin takes God unaware,He'll make provision. God's grace to u and urs

1 Like

Re: Could My Breastfeeding Wife Be Pregnant Just Less Than 4 Months She Gave Birth? by Cynthia23(f): 11:11am On Aug 17, 2018
I will advice you bottom abort the baby, it's a blessing from God... But you need to gift your wife a breathing space next time... After putting to bed.. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Authentic Pregnancy Test Strip For Sale (wholesale) / THICK Men / Soak 5 Garlic And 4 Ginger In A Bottle Of Water To Heal This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.