Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

2019: Gambling Will Ruin PDP Chances –makarfi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Gambling Will Ruin PDP Chances –makarfi. (911 Views)

Wike: PDP's Chances Brighter If Bala Mohammed Emerges Presidential Candidate / Ondo 2020: PDP's Chances Boosted As Six Aspirants Team Up With Jegede / Governorship Poll: How Disunity Marred Pdp’s Chances In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Gambling Will Ruin PDP Chances –makarfi. by isahrabson: 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
2019: Gambling will ruin PDP chances –Makarfi.

Ahead of the forthcoming national convention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP}, the party’s former National Caretaker Committee Chairman and one of the presidential hopefuls, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, has warned his party men not to gamble with PDP’s chances of regaining power in 2019, by it’s choice presidential flag-bearer, the party will make at the convention.

Makarfi gave the warning while addressing Ebonyi State delegates to the convention and the state’s leaders, at the PDP Secretariat in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.

He said that gambling with such a vital opportunity, at the convention, would ruin the chances of the PDP in the election. “There will be no time to correct such gamble,” Makarfi stressed as he called on the party leaders in the state to choose only the best suitable candidate as PDP’s presidential flag-bear at the convention.

He noted that the party had become a ‘beautiful bride’ pointing out that the choice is quite wide with the return of many political heavy weights who at one time left the PDP as well new entrants, after the party was rescued from those he said were gambled with and wanted to destroy the party; but quickly added that the development does not give the opposition any edge at all. His words: “We have made PDP attractive; we have made it beautiful bride. If we have turned it to ugly bride, who would have come for it? We made it attractive, we made it beautiful not only to people who are returning even to new entrants, not only them. We have made it to be a bride to Nigerian voters.

“But it’s not yet Uhuru. We made a mistake because we tried what we didn’t know or know but soft-pedal. I am talking of the leadership that we took over from that wanted to bury our party. Earlier on, we didn’t know but some of us knew but preferred to take a gamble, it was an expensive and uncomfortable gamble but we had the opportunity to correct it. “But what is coming is another test for our PDP and we will not have the same opportunity to correct any mistake. In the next few weeks, the convention to nominate presidential candidate will hold and we are not going to have the same type of time to correct our mistake the way we did during the leadership struggle. If we make a mistake, it is a mistake we will either live with it or leave it and regret.

“Our party has able and qualified people; there is no aspirant that is not qualified. But every aspirant also has a history, so there is no need for gambling. You will weigh each and every one of us and whoever you find greatest comfort, you cast your votes. We have to work together in order to achieve the success that we are pursuing”.

Makarfi also used the opportunity to dismiss the insinuations in some quarters in the country that he was too gentle to govern the nation.

He said that those who see him as too gentle and weak would be shocked adding that he floored Senator Ali Modu Sheriff with his gentility during struggle for the soul of the party.

“Yes, people said I was too gentle to defeat Sheriff. You see, don’t be mistaken by looks, it is action. In Kaduna State people saw my action, they said I was too gentle to rule Kaduna and there were surprised on what I did there.

“People also said I was too gentle to face Sheriff, Federal Government that was backing him and all that but what happened? So, those who mistake me for weakness will be shocked when Nigerians will be happy,” Makarfi said.

The presidential hopeful also called for restructuring of all the institutions in the country including INEC and security agencies.

He said: “The National Assembly was invaded because somebody from the Executive woke up and deployed security men there. But when you restructure institutions, some of them become apolitical, they take no political directive from anybody, they provide for all irrespective of their political persuasion. You will stop many abuses that are drawing us backward.

“If you don’t restructure the
Re: 2019: Gambling Will Ruin PDP Chances –makarfi. by bjayx: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
wink
Re: 2019: Gambling Will Ruin PDP Chances –makarfi. by Baawaa(m): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
Never again PDP in this Nation

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Gambling Will Ruin PDP Chances –makarfi. by MrJanuzaj: 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
Gamble or no Gamble APC will beat PDP by almost 10 million votes to win the 2019 election.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Gambling Will Ruin PDP Chances –makarfi. by capatainrambo: 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
Baawaa:
Never again PDP in this Nation
pdp power to the people.

buhari and his apc terrorists. back to daura

1 Like

Re: 2019: Gambling Will Ruin PDP Chances –makarfi. by Calers: 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
Continue deceive yourself
Re: 2019: Gambling Will Ruin PDP Chances –makarfi. by Afamed: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
To me, it's more of highest bidder will send PDP to a journey of no return. Wike and Secondus are ready to mortgage the remains of PDP to the highest bidder come 2019.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Gambling Will Ruin PDP Chances –makarfi. by uwa1(m): 5:52pm On Aug 12, 2018
MrJanuzaj:
Gamble or no Gamble APC will beat PDP by almost 10 million votes to win the 2019 election.

They haf come again oh... Nairaland electorate...

Re: 2019: Gambling Will Ruin PDP Chances –makarfi. by Alen4smit: 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
capatainrambo:
pdp power to the people.

buhari and his apc terrorists. back to daura
Let me even agree without conceding that Buhari/APC has performed so badly to deserve a 2nd term.

How will anyone with a good head on his shoulders say this PDP of Saraki, Wike, Atiku, IBB, FFK, Ekweremadu, Fayose, dino et al is a VIABLE alternative

GOD FORBID. Backward NEVER.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Living In Denial, Complicit in The 1983 Coup D'etat / BREAKING: Sen. Makarfi Hosts Atiku In Kaduna / Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.