Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,406 members, 7,822,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System (915 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by domack99(m): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2018
After reading her explanation on how she obtained her forged certificate, i have been wandering how many of us are innocently in her shoe without us knowing.

If you have ever try to replaced a lost WAEC, JAMB or NYSC certificate, get a Sworn Affidavit from court and obtained other government documentation then you might be in Kemi Adeosun shoe without knowing.

Going into some of all these offices mentioned, you will be welcome by agents whom most people innocently think that they work with the organisation not knowing that what they will obtain for you are fake papers or certificate.

Several Nigerians might have fall victims of these bad system and i think it will be proper for government to sanitized their agencies and ensure less bureaucracy in obtaining things and getting things done.

Am not in support of her using fake certificate to work but their is more to be done, if she had the right signature on the certificate this might not have been an issue or gone unnoticed.

1 Like

Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
She might just be a victim of a bad system. That is how someone got me a fake drivers license without my knowing it was fake.
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by domack99(m): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2018
kmcutez:
Very true. That is how someone got me a fake drivers license without me knowing it was fake.

That remind me of a case narated by someone in my office, police officer somehow lost his drivers license (not going into details), the DPO asked the sergeant involve to get another license and surprisingly the officer went and obtained a fake one. Imagine

1 Like

Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by orisa37: 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2018
Bad system. Bad Party, Sodom & Gomorrah type Country.
I say NOI came to Nigeria through OBJ, she didn't submit NYSC clearance Note which they now call certificate.

1 Like

Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by itchie: 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2018
She is guilty, ignorance is not a defence before the law
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2018
itchie:

You are right that ignorance is not a defence before the law.

2 Likes

Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by domack99(m): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
itchie:

There is more to this, this is not ignorance but its a case of scam. She was scammed believing what she had was the authentic certificate
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by kolaaderin: 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
Definitely a victim of bad system, she never forged real certificate but NYSC exemption certificate she is actually entitled to for almost free without any intellectual contribution all she needed was her proof of first degree and nothing else. But unfortunately her payment went into a fraudulently corrupt agent of NYSC officers account without records to release original certificate, hence she was given a fake and forged one without are knowledge until now.to

Many are out there with the same forged cert,but never discovered as most employers are only keen to verify your degree. on sighting the NYSC certificate is enough evidence that you have one, its the least of certificate to worry about as it cost close to nothing to acquire after your first degree.

2 Likes

Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Bizibi(m): 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2018
Em don start!!!!
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by id911(m): 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2018
kolaaderin:
Definitely a victim of bad system, she never forged real certificate but NYSC exemption certificate she is actually entitled to for almost free without any intellectual contribution all she needed was her proof of first degree and nothing else. But unfortunately her payment went into a fraudulently corrupt agent of NYSC officers account without records to release original certificate, hence she was given a fake and forged one without are knowledge until now.to

Many are out there with the same forged cert,but never discovered as most employers are only keen to verify your degree. on sighting the NYSC certificate is enough evidence that you have one, its the least of certificate to worry about as it cost close to nothing to acquire after your first degree.

Each time I see you guys trying to change the narrative to defend obvious fraud, I feel like this country will die a natural death. Why do we claim religious but behave in a hypocritical manner?

During my NYSC days, I saw a 47 year old man on camp. Out of curiosity, I asked him why he didn't go for an Exemption Certificate instead of wasting his time on camp. He told me he graduated before 30 but didn't want to do NYSC then but now, he's about giving a government job and they requested for it. So, he applied to NYSC for an exemption but he was told he can't be given since he graduated before he was 30 years old except he wants to go to jail anytime they discover it. Or they can issue him the certificate but in the future if he's found out, he's on his own. NYSC management therefore advised him to go and serve.

So why do we dissipate so much energy in defending corruption and fraud?

4 Likes

Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by MaziOmenuko: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
domack99:

There is more to this, this is not ignorance but its a case of scam. She was scammed believing what she had was the authentic certificate

You guys are yarning trash! There's nothing like ignorance here; she knows fully well that she cannot be exempted from service having graduated before 30. She must have enquired and told she is not qualified for exemption! There are no two ways about it. If she was qualified for exemption and then had a fake exemption letter, I will understand that maybe a middle man that facilitated the process may have cut corners.

Someone must have informed her that it is easy to get an exemption certificate by bribing some nysc officials and she jumped at the idea. I am sure an nysc official collected money from her and went to the archive folder where old certificates are kept and issued it to her, knowing that it is not valid and cannot stand scrutiny.

She should have just enrolled for nysc. Just get to camp, do registration and leave the camp. A lot of people do it, in fact, that is what davido is doing. Get registered in camp and ghost the entire one year having settled some few people here and there .
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2018
A victim of trust as well
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Shukuakukobambi: 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

You guys are yarning trash! There's nothing like ignorance here; she knows fully well that she cannot be exempted from service having graduated before 30. She must have enquired and told she is not qualified for exemption! There are no two ways about it. If she was qualified for exemption and then had a fake exemption letter, I will understand that maybe a middle man that facilitated the process may have cut corners.

Someone must have informed her that it is easy to get an exemption certificate by bribing some nysc officials and she jumped at the idea. I am sure an nysc official collected money from her and went to the archive folder where old certificates are kept and issued it to her, knowing that it is not valid and cannot stand scrutiny.

She should have just enrolled for nysc. Just get to camp, do registration and leave the camp. A lot of people do it, in fact, that is what davido is doing. Get registered in camp and ghost the entire one year having settled some few people here and there .

Gbam!! She really goofed and was too careless. It was a totally avoidable and unnecessary trouble

I feel sad for her but fact is she brought it on herself.

Last last, the little things do matter
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Throwback: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2018
I was once stopped by the police and majestically presented my drivers license application form which served as a legal particular prior to release of the temporary driver's license and permanent driver's license.

I wasn't resident in Lagos and was only visiting my family home and decided to obtained it since my old license had expired while I was away and I had my car parked in Lagos. This new license registration was done that same week at the FRSC/Tax office at Somolu Lagos.

Lo and behold, the police officer showed me that the application form was dated as submitted on a date that was still 2weeks ahead.

I doubted him until he showed me to my disbelief the details recorded. This was the same registration form I had proof read after it was handed to me at the FRSC office.

Immediately, the policeman accused me of forgery of government document.

At no time did I instruct the FRSC officer to post date that registration so I could use it starting at a later date as I needed it to be effective immediately, and post dating it did not help to extend the validity of the registration form beyond its fixed period of 1month or so.

I pride myself for being a model and law abiding citizen, yet I was entwined in a forgery accusation about 11pm in the evening, because a civil servant did what they are most notable for even when I did not request it nor did it favour me in any way.

Since then I learnt to be careful.

As for Kemi Adeosun, what exactly was she looking to achieve by getting an exemption certificate when she did not require it for anything at that age?

Her British passport was her exemption. She was a British born Nigerian and could continue to work with that status. She had her Nigerian passport and foreign work experience to get Nigerian jobs and had a British passport as proof of exemption since she was not resident in Nigeria until well past the age of NYSC participation or exemption.

She ruined herself by obtaining what she did not need.

1 Like

Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Shukuakukobambi: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2018
Throwback:
I was once stopped by the police and majestically presented my drivers license application form which served as a legal particular prior to release of the temporary driver's license and permanent driver's license.

I wasn't resident in Lagos and was only visiting my family home and decided to obtained it since my old license had expired while I was away and I had my car parked in Lagos. This new license registration was done that same week at the FRSC/Tax office at Somolu Lagos.

Lo and behold, the police officer showed me that the application form was dated as submitted on a date that was still 2weeks ahead.

I doubted him until he showed me to my disbelief the details recorded. This was the same registration form I had proof read after it was handed to me at the FRSC office.

At no time did I instruct the FRSC officer to post date that registration so I could use it starting at a later date as I needed it to be effective immediately, and post dating it did not help to extend the validity of the registration form beyond its fixed period of 1month or so.

I pride myself for being a model and law abiding citizen, yet I was entwined in a forgery accusation about 11pm in the evening, because a civil servant did what they are most notable for even when I did not request it nor did it favour me in any way.

That's where she was careless. Someone of Kemi's stature, who was coming to become Commissioner of Finance in Ogun state must have a direct link to NYSC director of Ogun state and would have made the necessary inquiries.

I know a lot of folks who have gotten fake licenses like the one you experienced, Infact why i've never fallen victim of such is that till tomorrow, my Dad who is a retired Force man still does all his children's document renewals by himself. It's his own way of believing he's still in charge. Vehicle licenses, tenement rates etc. For the drivers license, we all have a top guy at FRSC who he's linked us to that calls us to come when it's time to capture photographs so we don't wait on any queues.

Kemi has access to more powerful people in the NYSC directorate. She should never have been in this situation if she wasn't careless
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2018
itchie:

It's sickining to see that majority of Nigerians don't know this or they have decided to play the ignorant card due to party affiliation.
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by kolaaderin: 6:57pm On Sep 15, 2018
id911:

Each time I see you guys trying to change the narrative to defend obvious fraud, I feel like this country will die a natural death. Why do we claim religious but behave in a hypocritical manner?

During my NYSC days, I saw a 47 year old man on camp. Out of curiosity, I asked him why he didn't go for an Exemption Certificate instead of wasting his time on camp. He told me he graduated before 30 but didn't want to do NYSC then but now, he's about giving a government job and they requested for it. So, he applied to NYSC for an exemption but he was told he can't be given since he graduated before he was 30 years old except he wants to go to jail anytime they discover it. Or they can issue him the certificate but in the future if he's found out, he's on his own. NYSC management therefore advised him to go and serve.

So why do we dissipate so much energy in defending corruption and fraud?

Is this your information actually in public domain and you are to prove it with any link suggesting so on NYSC site listing this you just claimed else it's just another disinformation attesting to the fault that made her a victim of such.
Going to camp to serve when you are over 30 years of age is an option, it's either you serve with the age or go for exemption certificate, no one will ask you not to serve if you choose to even at 70, but you have the grace to apply for exemption I repeat, it has nothing to do with the age you graduated.
Don't tell us what is not, show us the law on the NYSC site suggesting that your claim, not just someone told me in camp

1 Like

Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by sweerychick(f): 6:59pm On Sep 15, 2018
I blame her for not going through NYSC directly..
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by kolaaderin: 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

That's where she was careless. Someone of Kemi's stature, who was coming to become Commissioner of Finance in Ogun state must have a direct link to NYSC director of Ogun state and would have made the necessary inquiries.

I know a lot of folks who have gotten fake licenses like the one you experienced, Infact why i've never fallen victim of such is that till tomorrow, my Dad who is a retired Force man still does all his children's document renewals by himself. It's his own way of believing he's still in charge. Vehicle licenses, tenement rates etc. For the drivers license, we all have a top guy at FRSC who he's linked us to that calls us to come when it's time to capture photographs so we don't wait on any queues.

Kemi has access to more powerful people in the NYSC directorate. She should never have been in this situation if she wasn't careless

Not until she is deep into politic, she just a normal Nigerian citizen without connection.
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Shukuakukobambi: 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2018
kolaaderin:

Not until she is deep into politic, she just a normal Nigerian citizen without connection.

I meant as at when Amosun told her she was going to become commissioner of finance. She was in that seat for 4 years!!

She had all the resources to do it right. It's a very silly slip-up and see how much it cost her?

Kemi is my crush so it's paining me cry
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by StillX10(m): 7:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
she forged that certificate jare
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by MaziOmenuko: 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2018
Throwback:

As for Kemi Adeosun, what exactly was she looking to achieve by getting an exemption certificate when she did not require it for anything at that age?

Her British passport was her exemption. She was a British born Nigeria and could continue to work with that status. She had her Nigerian passport and foreign work experience to get Nigerian jobs and had a British passport as proof of exemption since she was not resident in Nigeria until well past the age of NYSC participation or exemption.

It's obvious you are speaking from a position of ignorance. You need to have your facts first before making such an erroneous statement in the public sphere. Pls don't say this where people are listening becuase you will end up embarrassing yourself.

Let me enlighten you a bit:
You cannot get a Nigerian job without doing the mandatory nysc! Even if you like, school in Pluto or Mars. If you don't have either an exemption letter from nysc or nysc discharge certificate, you can't use your degree to get a job in Nigeria..

Also, NYSC cannot give your exemption certificate if you graduate when less than 30. If you like, return to Nigeria at age 59, as long as you graduated when u were below 30, you must serve.

2 Likes

Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by deji68: 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2018
Abio every criminal is a victim of the bad System...u can even use ut as defence in court cool
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by diebuhari1: 7:17pm On Sep 15, 2018
Throwback:

Since then I learnt to be careful.

Her British passport was her exemption. She was a British born Nigeria and could continue to work with that status. She had her Nigerian passport and foreign work experience to get Nigerian jobs and had a British passport as proof of exemption since she was not resident in Nigeria until well past the age of NYSC participation or exemption.

How could gotten jobs in Nigeria, government jobs for that matter if she had fronted as a British citizen?
Think before typing
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by id911(m): 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2018
kolaaderin:

Is this your information actually in public domain and you are to prove it with any link suggesting so on NYSC site listing this you just claimed else it's just another disinformation attesting to the fault that made her a victim of such.
Going to camp to serve when you are over 30 years of age is an option, it's either you serve with the age or go for exemption certificate, no one will ask you not to serve if you choose to even at 70, but you have the grace to apply for exemption I repeat, it has nothing to do with the age you graduated.
Don't tell us what is not, show us the law on the NYSC site suggesting that your claim, not just someone told me in camp

Kemi graduated before 30 and if you still try to defend her it therefore means you're ignorant of your laws and I pity who sponsored your education. He/she should have used the money for something productive
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by id911(m): 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

It's obvious you are speaking from a position of ignorance. You need to have your facts first before making such an erroneous statement in the public sphere. Pls don't say this where people are listening becuase you will end up embarrassing yourself.

You cannot get a Nigerian job without doing the mandatory nysc! Even if you like, school in Pluto or Mars. If you don't have either an exemption letter from nysc or nysc discharge certificate, you can't use your degree to get a job in Nigeria..

Also, NYSC cannot give your exemption certificate if you graduate when less than 30. If you like, return to Nigeria at age 59, as long as you graduated when u were below 30, you must serve.

May God or whoever you serve bless you and your entire family. The NYSC Act is very clear on this but some people think all Nigerians are dumb

1 Like

Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Throwback: 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Dude, there are many Nigerians working in Nigeria as expatriates because they have a foreign passport.

She is British, she could work in a private firm in Nigeria as an expatriate. Besides she was not coming to Nigeria at that age to secure an entry level job.

Diezani Allison Madueke worked as a Minister over many portfolios, yet she never did NYSC nor exemption, and worked with Shell Petroleum in Nigeria.

I know Adeosun could not get an exemption at her age, the more reason I mentioned that her British birth with passport was her exemption for someone who was never resident in Nigeria before the age of 34.

She had no business with Nigeria when she was at an age that NYSC was an obligation. And she was no longer qualified for it when she had business with Nigeria.
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Throwback: 7:32pm On Sep 15, 2018
id911:

Kemi graduated before 30 and if you still try to defend her it therefore means you're ignorant of your laws and I pity who sponsored your education. He/she should have used the money for something productive

Did Kemi graduate in Nigeria or did she have any business with Nigeria then?

Do you know how many Nigerians born abroad like her who had no business with Nigeria in their childhood and youth, but later relocated as adults and are employed in Nigeria?
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Throwback: 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
diebuhari1:
How could gotten jobs in Nigeria, government jobs for that matter if she had fronted as a British citizen?
Think before typing

How did Diezani get her Shell job and her federal minister jobs under Yar'Adua and Jonathan without NYSC participation or exemption?

I repeat, Adeosun ruined herself by caring to obtain what was not applicable to a British citizen who chose to return to her heritage at an age she was not under any obligation to have any business with NYSC participation or exemption.
Re: Is Kemi Adeosun Truly Guilty Or Just A Victim Of Bad System by Banmeallday: 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
She is part of a bad system, but also used it to her advantage. Almost everyone from diaspora has to either bribe to get transcripts of one sort or the other and /or use someone to obtain some legal document which usually is on fraudulent terms. They the diaspora and local assistant know about it but still do it.

Buhari has no certificate, Ikpeazu did not win his governorship election, Saraki too has shady pale as well.

SHe the minister just got caught and frankly was a mediocre minister hence her resignation....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Wins APC Senatorial Ticket For Edo South / Abia 2019: Martins Azubuike Announced As Running Mate to Uche Ogah (See Photos) / Drama At EFCC Office As Femi Fani Kayode Presents Himself As Fayose's Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.