Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku (54312 Views)

The Day Jason Njoku Met His Wife, Mary Remmy Njoku / Jason Njoku 38th Birthday: Wife, Mary Remmy Njoku Celebrates Her Husband / Daddy Freeze To Mary Remmy: "Camel Toe Is Sexual Harassment" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by Asour: 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
"This is not one those your Nigerian salons where you people pay N200 for haircut"

Says someone bemoaning prejudice.
Sometimes I feel that 'racism' is just the scapegoat.
The true enemy is Prejudice/Discrimination. Unfortunately, Discrimination can be perpetuated by members of the same race.

Maybe it's just me but Is the quality of a haircut determined solely by its price ?
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by jahbiz: 12:07am On Aug 13, 2018
proeast:
Lol, just imagine. Ordinary Lebanese!? I don't know if it's just because of our high poverty levels or our black skin pigmentation that is making every Tom, Dick and Harry to look down on us. Even brown people like Lebanese and Indians would still want to discriminate against us and to worsen matters, on our home soil. This was how one Lebanese club owner slapped our typist at my former place of work at Burma road, Apapa. Her offense was that she couldn't type his documents and tickets on time. We immediately threw him out and rough handled seriously while he kept shouting "Meshnini, meshnini" whatever that means. That bargar should be deported to Beirut Asap!!
app ya for da Justice, no foreigner should nigeria uz in Nigeria...w av got no govt, w need to defend our right by both right and left handz....
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by emmyid(m): 12:08am On Aug 13, 2018
adecz:
Wetin carry you go oyibo barbershop?

U think say na everybody sabi barb this
una black hair wet hard like barbed wire?

Hair wet dey kill clipper now, now...

Sorry for you! Is a pity. You are finished.
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by emmyid(m): 12:12am On Aug 13, 2018
Anyad231:
Na wa oh, our hair different from theirs and this also happens where am based in the USA ,unless u Wan make them spoil ur hair oh....I just tire for all these attention seekers..abeg,update d iroko page cry and stop seeking rubbish attention. How person go be racist for another man country

So what's your point now? I base in Kano with the highest numbers of Lebanese, and his complaint is not far from the truth. Attention seeker? Well, get a life. Not every one is trying to seek attention, they are already popular. This is an issue Nigeria Govt needs to address.

1 Like

Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by futurism: 1:09am On Aug 13, 2018
rheether:

Comprehension skill= zero wink angry
APC/PMB supporters are like that
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by donqx: 1:12am On Aug 13, 2018
ohh
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 13, 2018

Case closed.
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 13, 2018
Anyad231:
Na wa oh, our hair different from theirs and this also happens where am based in the USA ,unless u Wan make them spoil ur hair oh....I just tire for all these attention seekers..abeg,update d iroko page cry and stop seeking rubbish attention. How person go be racist for another man country

The only time I go to a non black barber shop is when I wanted to do a complete shave then I go to the mexicans.

They can shave head for life.

Why is a Nigerian woman going to go to a Lebanese hard salon to ask for a cut?

I also donate believe the kakamiemie story unless I see evidence.
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by qtx(m): 2:14am On Aug 13, 2018
hey oooo see O'level lebanese too o? embarassed i feel like weeping. Them don see us finish o. Abeg drop me the address of the saloon, he is leaving this country tomorrow. Damn!
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by ChinagoChiBoy: 2:32am On Aug 13, 2018
I doubt this story-line, Just tell us waiting your wife did to that dude. May be she displayed MY HUSBAND IS A CELEBRITY ARROGANCE!
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by GrammarCheck: 3:24am On Aug 13, 2018
FitnesScientist:

It is a crime to discriminate (refuse to offer goods and service) based on race, religion, gender and ethnicity in Nigeria. It is actually a law here in Nigeria, the police would use that to deal with him.

Wow! Thanks for the insight
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by meiloya: 4:20am On Aug 13, 2018
Guys, I want you to share your views here, please..Just post, no need to register...Some of my extended colleagues on the forum are really saying something saddd. Let's hear your experienced views there -

https://www.econjobrumors.com/topic/how-do-you-balance-working-hard-with-marriage

Read every post and you will be "flagabasted".
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by adidison(m): 5:21am On Aug 13, 2018
nairalanduseles:
so Lebanese fit be racist hahahahaha they are not even white.......and for here wey i dey na dem be victim.......Naija which way.....
THE KID IN THAT PIC IS A LEGEND

Exactly, and when they are victims they start pretending to be nice to get sympathy and try to become a friend. Asians are racist esp towards blacks and other asians, if it was up to them slave trade would never have been abolished.
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 13, 2018
AnonPoet:
Head Of IrokoTv, Jason Njoku shares his wife's experience with a high class lebanese hair saloon in Lagos that turned down their services to his wife because they don't offer services to Nigerians.

He reported to the police and it turned out the barber is an illegal immigrant

Mr man shut up! So your wife no see any other naija man salon to cut her hair except the lebanese man own? We have thousands of nigerian babrbers in lagos but for where? She wan form high class wey she no belong. You and your wife should be ashamed of yourselves that a common dirty lebanese man treated you idiots like shit because it is the same nigerians like you who make them feel superior when they are no different from the poor pigs living in the middle east slum.

1 Like

Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 13, 2018
joyfullyjoyous:
Trying to make us feel inferior in our own country.
Ko joo at all.
Kindly deport him to serve as a deterrent to others of his type.
He was asked to say"to" he refused but now he want to say "to to to" but it's late.

The black woman wey leave nigerian barber snops go enter lebanese man shop to get hair cut nko? She must be looking for a lebanese dick simple.

1 Like

Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by adidison(m): 5:33am On Aug 13, 2018
emmyid:

So what's your point now? I base in Kano with the highest numbers of Lebanese, and his complaint is not far from the truth. Attention seeker? Well, get a life. Not every one is trying to seek attention, they are already popular. This is an issue Nigeria Govt needs to address.

No need to waste your time for a daft person, saying in US they will spoil your hair. The man clearly made an ignorant statement and should be punished accordingly. If he had said "I don't cut Nigerian hair because it is a little difficult but the man who does is not here" def better than ... where you PEOPLE pay 200!

It is a well known fact that Asians are racist and Lebanese are even racist to other Arabs and that clown is saying attention seeking. Very daft!
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by adidison(m): 5:40am On Aug 13, 2018
Xda59:

Mr man shut up! So your wife no see any other naija man salon to cut her hair except the lebanese man own? We have thousands of nigerian babrbers in lagos but for where? She wan form high class wey she no belong. You and your wife should be ashamed of yourselves that a common dirty lebanese man treated you idiots like shit because it is the same nigerians like you who make them feel superior when they are no different from the poor pigs living in the middle east slum.

So what exactly is your point? There are millions of Nigerian restaurants in Lagos but don't you decide to eat Chinese or Thai food or middle eastern's Shawarma once in a while? Imagine going into the restaurant and they tell you the same thing? This not mama put were YOU PEOPLE pay 50 naira for extra meat!
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by adidison(m): 5:44am On Aug 13, 2018
Xda59:

The black woman wey leave nigerian barber snops go enter lebanese man shop to get hair cut nko? She must be looking for a lebanese dick simple.

EXACTLY! And when you leave all the mama put restaurants to go and buy shawarma you are looking for Lebanese dick too, very very simple! Thanks for putting us through bro.
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by Horus(m): 6:16am On Aug 13, 2018
The Lebanese community in Nigeria has a longstanding history of dark and illegal business in Nigeria, with illegal trade, drug smugling, weapons trafficking. I think it's fundamentally important to cross-examine comprehensively Lebanese activities in the country. The Lebaneses get an official job to cover up dubious activities. Time is ripe to shed light on them before Nigeria finds itself unknowingly and unwillingly sponsoring terrorist activities and becomes disgraced internationally
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by Reference(m): 7:28am On Aug 13, 2018
He doesn't attend to Nigerians. They don't pay enough for his services. What is the problem with that. There are several businesses that have select clients. I offer services and select my clients. Nobody can force me to work for them. It is my business, period. They should channel their angst against those they pay taxes to yet refuse to offer appropriate services. To bring racism into this is just wrong. They went there because they smelt the euphoria of having a foreigner offer them a servoce and if it had gone as planned they will neon social media saying so. Once more Nigerians destroy Nigerian businesses by not willing to pay properly, his first statement and it is telling.

1 Like

Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by Reference(m): 7:38am On Aug 13, 2018
Asour:
"This is not one those your Nigerian salons where you people pay N200 for haircut"

Says someone bemoaning prejudice.
Sometimes I feel that 'racism' is just the scapegoat.
The true enemy is Prejudice/Discrimination. Unfortunately, Discrimination can be perpetuated by members of the same race.

Maybe it's just me but Is the quality of a haircut determined solely by it's price ?

It cuts across all service sectors. Nigerians generally donot pay properly for services. And it has a terrible deflationary effect on the economy and leads to this vicious cycle of mediocrity. That is why the middle class is virtually nonexistent and formal education is non functional. Graduates everyday, yet no productivity, no innovation. And aAmost all foreign investors I know have that complaint.
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by giles14(m): 7:50am On Aug 13, 2018
HungerBAD:

How can you want to be racist in another persons country?the man must be senseless.
go ask Nigeria's working for Indians Chinese and the Lebanese both at home and factory
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by FitnesScientist: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2018
Reference:
He doesn't attend to Nigerians. They don't pay enough for his services. What is the problem with that. There are several businesses that have select clients. I offer services and select my clients. Nobody can force me to work for them. It is my business, period. They should channel their angst against those they pay taxes to yet refuse to offer appropriate services. To bring racism into this is just wrong. They went there because they smelt the euphoria of having a foreigner offer them a servoce and if it had gone as planned they will neon social media saying so. Once more Nigerians destroy Nigerian businesses by not willing to pay properly, his first statement and it is telling.

As long as you have a physical location, you can not discriminate (refuse to offer goods or services) based on gender, race, religion or ethinicity in Nigeria. It is an actual law to prevent discrimination. If that is what he wants, then he should just do home services.

PS: It wasn't about price. He didn't even talk about price. He just said he doesn't offer haircuts to Nigerians even in the police station he blundered.

1 Like

Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by Osaze007: 9:11am On Aug 13, 2018
Nigerian need to understand that Asians are worse than Oyibo
There are more than millions of blacks who excel in west but not in Asia kick out those dirty pigs called Indians Chinese and Arabs nonsense
I’m so anti Asian
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by Osaze007: 9:11am On Aug 13, 2018
Reference:

It cuts across all service sectors. Nigerians generally donot pay properly for services. And it has a terrible deflationary effect on the economy and leads to this vicious cycle of mediocrity. That is why the middle class is virtually nonexistent and formal education is non functional. Graduates everyday, yet no productivity, no innovation. And aAmost all foreign investors I know have that complaint.

Ignorance
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by Codes151(m): 9:14am On Aug 13, 2018
proeast:
Lol, just imagine. Ordinary Lebanese!? I don't know if it's just because of our high poverty levels or our black skin pigmentation that is making every Tom, Dick and Harry to look down on us. Even brown people like Lebanese and Indians would still want to discriminate against us and to worsen matters, on our home soil. This was how one Lebanese club owner slapped our typist at my former place of work at Burma road, Apapa. Her offense was that she couldn't type his documents and tickets on time. We immediately threw him out and rough handled seriously while he kept shouting "Meshnini, meshnini" whatever that means. That bargar should be deported to Beirut Asap!!
I tell u. Lebanese forming racist...

People way their only food na unleavened bread
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by Zeydah(m): 9:29am On Aug 13, 2018
danny56:
So this is headline news

Is APC not worst?
what's apc got to do with this one now y are u nigerians always jumping out of context
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by proeast(m): 10:39am On Aug 13, 2018
OsuMustGo:

Your are your own racist.
Remove all these senseless mentality from your brain and you will be free.
NO HUMAN EVER HAVE A BLACK OR WHITE SKIN
Are you sure you're okay upstairs?? You actually sound incoherent, confused and unintelligent.
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by OsuMustGo: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2018
proeast:
Are you sure you're okay upstairs?? You actually sound incoherent, confused and unintelligent.
Dear m0ron,
you need to stop missing your treatment regimen
STOP MISTAKING ME FOR YOUR FATHER!
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by allaboutobed(m): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2018
I can see her hair. But d guy behind shaa
Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by gwama: 12:48pm On Aug 13, 2018
We must not allow these dirty Arabs and Indians to fool us in our black African countries, if at the slightest manifestation of racism on our land, the government expelled them from the country, it was no longer daring to have racist acts. These Lebanese, Arabs and other Indians, I hate them, and when I go back to their shop, I make them feel that I am in my country and they are the foreigners angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Lebanese Barber Refuses To Cut Mary Remmy's Hair In Lagos - Jason Njoku by DSDLIVEREPORT: 1:37am On Aug 14, 2018
rheether:

Comprehension skill= zero wink angry
why u bad like dis?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gedoni Ekpata's New Look As He Gets A Clean Shave After 17 Years / Rahama Sadau Features In “Sons Of The Caliphate.” Her 1st Nollywood Movie (Pic) / Is Wizkid A Fool Sleeping With These Nasty Girls Without Condoms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.