Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) (21047 Views)

See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 13, 2018
If you're in Truck business, you'd stay away from sonotruck and Indian trucks. Though very expensive, man diesel, Benz, Volvo and mack are the most reliable trucks of all time. I once had a ghastly accident with my EOD back in the days, with a mack Truck, the driver didn't even notice that something hit him, maybe he'd have stopped to rescue us. Thanks God we all survived it with minor bruises and head injury on the one of the 2 OAU students I gave a lift.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by KangaIye: 7:58am On Aug 13, 2018
Their horn that sound like the trumpet of an Elephant
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by jayauthentic(m): 8:01am On Aug 13, 2018
SCANIA also manufactures luxurious buses... They are slowly becoming popular amongst transporters..
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by AK481(m): 8:09am On Aug 13, 2018
eezeribe:
Shout out to TechCapon, my best blogger on nairaland.
He has sent all the other tech bloggers into early retirement, and I hope he quickly diversifies into the automobile niche so that he would also send the likes of autojosh on relegation.

Sho omo age autojosh ni?
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by adetes: 8:16am On Aug 13, 2018
Germany and USA products r the best

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 13, 2018
When will Nigerian-made trucks make the list? Failed country in a failed continent.
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 13, 2018
Mack and Benz always a bae, I sometimes wonder how US and German manage to invent all this stuff

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 13, 2018
awelekiti:
If you're in Truck business, you'd stay away from sonotruck and Indian trucks. Though very expensive, man diesel, Benz, Volvo and mack are the most reliable trucks of all time. I once had a ghastly accident with my EOD back in the days, with a mack Truck, the driver didn't even notice that something hit him, maybe he'd have stopped to rescue us. Thanks God we all survived it with minor bruises and head injury on the one of the 2 OAU students I gave a lift.
Thank God for your life's.
Mack, Benz and Volvo are the only Truck we know others can find their name grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Dupalmer: 8:54am On Aug 13, 2018
Racoon:
Mack Trucks remain the toughest on Nigerian roads.Sadly Nigeria does not produce any. undecided undecided

Do you know that Mack and many other premium names in heavy duty trucks have been either chased out of business or forced to merge by Chinese brands like Sinotruck, Shacman, Zongtong etc. Verifiable fact.
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Aromi: 8:55am On Aug 13, 2018
So this china truck and india truck are better then All mighty Renualt trucks
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Lordave: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2018
awelekiti:
VW too, it’s beats most of the trucks there.

Op, Techcapon, Benz Trucks are also extensively used by Arab Contractors and Setraco.
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by seyiojomu(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2018
Where is Freightliner when listing trucks?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by habinccihub: 9:31am On Aug 13, 2018
Nice
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by abdolleez(m): 9:39am On Aug 13, 2018
eezeribe:
Shout out to TechCapon, my best blogger on nairaland.
He has sent all the other tech bloggers into early retirement, and I hope he quickly diversifies into the automobile niche so that he would also send the likes of autojosh on relegation.
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Abayor7: 9:43am On Aug 13, 2018
donkarly:
Gwura-gwura(Made in Nigeria) undecided
This is Landrover nw grin
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by tabaski: 10:29am On Aug 13, 2018
angry angry angry
donkarly:
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Konnektions146(m): 10:38am On Aug 13, 2018
I am forced to comment,

@Op, please You need to read more about what you feed the public with.

- how can you say the only 2 popular companies in the Nertheland is Heineken and DAF, did you Know Shell is Dutch?
- also how can you say its only JB that uses Mercedes in Nigeria, Man,please when you wanna write, Read well

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by dongc(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2018
point of correction... Volvo trucks are owned by Volvo group...not by Chinese geely motors..

let me explain the difference geely motors acquired from fords motors the Volvo car corporations.. Volvo car corp makes just private/personal cars not trucks... this two different companies...the volvo logos are about 89% similar and both companies share responsibility in maintaining the Volvo museum.

Volvo group is 100% Swedish and they own Volvo construction equipment,Renault truck and Mack trucks.. ..in that case Volvo is the biggest truck company not Mack..
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Ikpongiton: 11:08am On Aug 13, 2018
YoungFr:

Thank God for your life's.
Mack, Benz and Volvo are the only Truck we know others can find their name grin grin grin
so man diesel has no name,abi?
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Ikpongiton: 11:18am On Aug 13, 2018
Konnektions146:
I am forced to comment,

@Op, please You need to read more about what you feed the public with.

- how can you say the only 2 popular companies in the Nertheland is Heineken and DAF, did you Know Shell is Dutch?
- also how can you say its only JB that uses Mercedes in Nigeria, Man,please when you wanna write, Read well

Cheers
i wanted to also ask him, whether hollandis wax and and the almighty peak milk are nigerian products.
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by DisGuy: 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2018
I just hate those MACK trucks, unnecessarily big. you rarely see them in Europe!
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2018
donkarly:

Actually broke down in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2018
TechCapon:
Benz is good but not as strong as Mack

Who told you!!?
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by ebuka1511(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2018
Yea the most popular, but not so good on their brake technology. Mack, the Vision, R and CH Models all have bad braking system, dunno if its been rectified in the latest models. The truck is a beast!!!! very strong, but then another good one is the Iveco Trucks, I love the Genlyon Model and have been opportuned to manage it, very smooth and have nice fuel economy, the downside is that its mostly electricals and the parts are too expensive, the Injector system of an Iveco Genlyon truck would conveniently get a brand new Hyundai elentra!!! but they ae also beast!!!
Racoon:
Mack Trucks remain the toughest on Nigerian roads.Sadly Nigeria does not produce any. undecided undecided
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Great4God: 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2018
nedu2000:
Trailers should stop haunting me. I spent 3 hours on badagry exp way heading to mile 2 last saturday. I saw them in my dreams now they are on nairaland. Trailer leave me alone!!

Bros, no be only you ooooo,the thought of those trailers now d rise BP
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by Armstrong34(m): 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2018
sykeng:

what happened to Benz?
....oga Mack dey very very rugged,tough with a powerful engine... infact na for naija road them do am for
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by sultaan(m): 2:06am On Aug 14, 2018
Where is Freightliner, Peterbilt and Kenworth
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by tck2000(m): 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2019
Benz
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by jogncartman: 5:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
ChrisMenzie:
I'll be honest that I've only towed once with Boydstun' vehicle carrier hauler. I recently purchased a Boydstun 9107-46 QL. It has a max weight of 7400 lbs, and mine was not full when I towed it. I have the SL with the Cummins. I used a regular hitch and towed it from Raleigh to Fayetteville, and from Fayetteville to Suffolk VA to the camp ground. I've towed plenty of USCG boats in my time, with much bigger trucks (varying in range) and to be honest this truck tows like a **** dream. I'm sure if I had used my tow hitch it would've been better, but to be honest I wasn't missing anything, nor was it scary when I drove up and down I95.
Do these guys provide discounts?
Re: Top 10 Best Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturers. (photos) by sultaan(m): 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
ChrisMenzie:
I'll be honest that I've only towed once with Boydstun' vehicle carrier hauler. I recently purchased a Boydstun 9107-46 QL. It has a max weight of 7400 lbs, and mine was not full when I towed it. I have the SL with the Cummins. I used a regular hitch and towed it from Raleigh to Fayetteville, and from Fayetteville to Suffolk VA to the camp ground. I've towed plenty of USCG boats in my time, with much bigger trucks (varying in range) and to be honest this truck tows like a **** dream. I'm sure if I had used my tow hitch it would've been better, but to be honest I wasn't missing anything, nor was it scary when I drove up and down I95.

We're those boat going to the auction or just being moved between bases. I was thinking if buying one on GSA, but I want to believe there is a more discreet outlet for these sales I had seen some on Adesa in Newnan Florida and Virginia seems to have the most option

(1) (2) (Reply)

Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars / What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? / Why Do People Buy Expensive Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.