Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,599 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (458724 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
etrange:

Sorry you had to go and call me out from the other room. Lol. Glad Mamaroon has done justice to your question. cheesy

Great coaching Etrange!
Brilliant!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
Amandacanny:
Thank you so much. Am at 443. Just need anything to get it up to 460. I will pm her. Am grateful

I prefer learning in a group, to be honest. Personal styles differ, of course, but I enjoy the friendly competition and banter.

If you can't make the AF classes because of your schedule, then it may have to be a private tutor. However, you have to find the hours somewhere: its long hard work!
(To prepare for TEF, I was attending classes for 10hrs/week, plus 3-4hrs of home study. And I wasn't a beginner.)

Anyway, NJ showed us in this forum that it's possible to start from basic and score CLB7 across in 6 months. So go for it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Amandacanny: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
Thank you so much. Am grateful
DanMisla:

I prefer learning in a group, to be honest. Personal styles differ, of course, but I enjoy the friendly competition and banter.

If you can't make the AF classes because of your schedule, then it may have to be a private tutor. However, you have to find the hours somewhere: its long hard work!
(To prepare for TEF, I was attending classes for 10hrs/week, plus 3-4hrs of home study. And I wasn't a beginner.)

Anyway, NJ showed us in this forum that it's possible to start from basic and score CLB7 across in 6 months. So go for it!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
etrange:

@bolded, he will understand. Lol.

Ok, for the sake of learning, we're told that "etre" is the auxiliary verb used with movement verbs in the passe compose construct of the indicative mode. This is true but another true thing is that there are other factors that could make a verb go with the auxiliary "etre" and not all movement verbs go with "etre". The general rule should be:

1) Movement verbs are conjugated with "etre". We all know this. Example: aller.

2) Verbs with reflexive pronoun (se) are conjugated with "etre" as this alters the meaning or direction of action. Example: s'apercevoir. NB: the verb "percuter" you mentioned actually goes with "avoir" and only takes "etre" when used with reflexive pronoun (i.e. se percuter - to ram into one another). I guess that is the construct you saw. Example: "les deux avions se sont percutes a l'aeroport".

3) In a case where a verb could be transitive (takes a direct object compliment) or intransitive (does not take a direct object compliment), the auxiliary verb "etre" is used when such a verb is used in the intransitive sense while "avoir" used with the transitive sense. Example: sortir.

4) Most intransitive verbs go with "etre". Example: naitre, deceder (as you pointed out cheesy). But watch out, intransitive verbs that signify motion still go with "avoir". Example: marcher, courir, etc. This last part is a bit confusing and annoying cause we were meant to believe anything movement is "etre" in rule one. Lol.

5) Finally, know that there's no perfect rule or set of rules in linguistics. There'll always be exceptions. No site or textbook will give you a comprehensive list of verbs that go with "etre". This is because, sometimes, it's more about the meaning being portrayed by the verb (context) than the verb itself. So the books can only tell us how decipher which one to use to best send our intended message. We perfect the art as we advance and use the language more.

Thanks Etrange....movement and reflexive verbs and no grammar rule being perfect, I get....the transitive and transitive flew over my head a bit....back to the grind.....

Another fair divers loading.....

Bells, how na?
DanMisla, where you able to sort the query you had out?
Scard, I hail o, thanks kiss
Everybody, how jacking?

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
Mamaroon:

Thanks Etrange....movement and reflexive verbs and no grammar rule being perfect, I get....the transitive and transitive flew over my head a bit....back to the grind.....

Bells, how na?
Everybody, how jacking?

Mamaroooon! please naa...send fait divers grin
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 8:18am On Jun 14, 2019
Mamaroon:

Bells, how na?
Everybody, how jacking?

Not really. I was trying to read about anyone who had to do further meds to rule out TB - I didn't find any.
But, I saw stuff on the Canadavisa forum.

Well done with your fait divers! Du courage.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2019
Disclaimer....used a real fait divers from Le Monde to model this so not very original. Thanks all

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mamaroon:
Disclaimer....used a real fait divers from Le Monde to model this so not very original. Thanks all

As always, solid effort!

A few things to highlight:

L3: "About to" might be much better in l'imparfait rather than gerondif (qui s'appretaient"

L3: to cross the avenue gotta be infinitif; word you used has a different meaning.

L4: It's always good practice to link a current paragraph with the previous one (E.g. After preliminary findings, 4 persons...)

L7: I see you added 2 July but it seems alone and has no reference to anything. Is this the date the officer made the report?

L9: Sinon loosely translates as "or else". It might be that this logical articulator doesn't fit.

L21: I would like to acknowledge the presence of the plus que parfait.

Generally: not a lot of details on what this person did to deserve hero status (a sequence of steps using passe compose missing) Heavy on background story and result (Strong use of l'imparfait).

Chop knuckle Mamaroon. well done!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2019
Bellerin:

As always, solid effort!

A few things to highlight:

L3: "About to" might be much better in l'imparfait rather than gerondif (qui s'appretaient"

L3: to cross the avenue gotta be infinitif; word you used has a different meaning.

L4: It's always good practice to link a current paragraph with the previous one (E.g. After preliminary findings, 4 persons...)

L7: I see you added 2 July but it seems alone and has no reference to anything. Is this the date the officer made the report?

L9: Sinon loosely translates as "or else". It might be that this logical articulator doesn't fit.

L21: I would like to acknowledge the presence of the plus que parfait.

Generally: not a lot of details on what this person did to deserve hero status (a sequence of steps using passe compose missing) Heavy on background story and result (Strong use of l'imparfait).

Chop knuckle Mamaroon. well done!

Thanks as always Bells.

Lines 1 to 4 are not mine o...there are the first couple of lines they usually give to start off the story cheesy

Got you, regarding linking the previous paragraph.

Yeah, the date was supposed to be when the procureure was making his statement.

grin sinon was supposed to mean, "had it not being for" or is that The Nigerian English? Maybe I should have stuck with sauf.

Regarding absence of details...noted...looks like the fair divers, if well written, will be running into 150 words, guess that's not an issue with 80 as a minimum.

I do appreciate your help...pls manage this small token

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 14, 2019
DanMisla:

Not really. I was trying to read about anyone who had to do further meds to rule out TB - I didn't find any.
But, I saw stuff on the Canadavisa forum.

Well done with your fait divers! Du courage.

Also found this and this

https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/11#75904689

https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/191#73829664

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mamaroon:

I do appreciate your help...pls manage this small token

Aaw. Mercii!

From one package a wonderful angel shared, I saw a model response where the person used close to 150 words and got A2/B1! Apparently there are 10/11 metrics used to grade responses. Word count is one of them but it appears it's weighed less if you don't give them what they're looking for.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 3:41am On Jun 15, 2019
Mamaroon:

Also found this and this

https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/11#75904689

https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/191#73829664

Very helpful!! Merci 100 fois, Mamaroon. You've honed your NL search skills, I can see.

Great story there...the chap got his PPR on the same day he finally got his meds passed (MEP).
These stories...every day something new. Every case can be unique, its true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Amethyst1884: 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2019
After much consideration and request.... We have decided to help with ONLINE CLASSES... We call *français sur le bouge*/ *French on the go*

Watch out

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Gracemama: 6:42pm On Jun 15, 2019
@ayandee pls check you mail.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Amethyst1884: 9:03am On Jun 16, 2019
Hi,
Joshua here again, been a while I posted here. Hope we all good. You may have heard the YINKA success story.

If not we are glad to present to you Yinka our recent success story

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 17, 2019
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 8:09am On Jun 17, 2019
Amethyst1884:
Hi,
Joshua here again, been a while I posted here. Hope we all good. You may have heard the YINKA success story.

If not we are glad to present to you Yinka our recent success story

Fantastic testimony from Yinka! 40yrs old, learn a language from scratch, and reach advanced levels within a year...wow!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by amaya21: 8:31am On Jun 17, 2019
He worked really hard! I noticed that he did immersion two times, that must have also been a great help.

DanMisla:

Fantastic testimony from Yinka! 40yrs old, learn a language from scratch, and reach advanced levels within a year...wow!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Framaro: 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2019
Hello everyone, I've been a silent follower.
I'm currently preparing for tef in September, already enrilled.
Just got this information and i thought to share it here,
<<Si vous êtes intéressés à l'examen du TCF, merci de venir soumettre vos noms à la réception de l'AF Lagos, 9 Osborne, Ikoyi>>
AF being Alliance Francaise. I think they are about to start the first session.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Framaro: 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2019
Abeg no be advert ooo, i just like having options and I've been looking forward to this.

Update:
l just spoke with the receptionist concerning the TCF exam and she said they need a certain number of interested persons before starting. Yeah, i know they have been saying that but now i guess it's for real. So pls if you are interested, you can call AF on this number
+234 705 228 8001.

@Mamaroon, merci beaucoup. I've learnt a lot from you.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Framaro:
Abeg no be advert ooo, i just like having options and I've been looking forward to this.
Update:
l just spoke with the receptionist concerning the TCF exam and she said they need a certain number of interested persons before starting. Yeah, i know they have been saying that but now i guess it's for real. So pls if you are interested, you can call AF on this number
+234 705 228 8001.

Thanks! Just did.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
ICYMI:

The TCF results takes 15 days to be released. (Compare that to 4 - 6 weeks of nail biting for TEF)

There are far more resources to prepare with. (Can point you in the right direction wink wink)

The exam is reputed to be easier - many thanks to the CIEP who also administers DELF/DALF.

You can take it while waiting for the "transfer ban" from TEF (2 month gap between consecutive attempts)
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2019
Bellerin:
ICYMI:

The TCF results takes 15 days to be released. (Compare that to 4 - 6 weeks of nail biting for TEF)

There are far more resources to prepare with. (Can point you in the right direction wink wink)

The exam is reputed to be easier - many thanks to the CIEP who also administers DELF/DALF.

Framaro:

Update:
+234 705 228 8001.

Hmmm you people are tempting me o! But....we will have to reconfigure the brain to align to TCF structure after we have already set it for TEF!

The earliest TCF date can't be before July ending na......if we have already registered for TEF, registering or indicating interest in TCF....will it not indicate to the heavens that one is already preparing for failure cheesy
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2019
Mamaroon:

Hmmm you people are tempting me o! But....we will have to reconfigure the brain to align to TCF structure after we have already set it for TEF!

The earliest TCF date can't be before July ending na......if we have already registered for TEF, registering or indicating interest in TCF....will it not indicate to the heavens that one is already preparing for failure cheesy

Lol. This analogy made my afternoon...

Please naa..See it as a way to make the option available for other potential testers. Passing TEF is already done for you jare. Fair arguments about brain reconfiguration.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
Bellerin:

Lol. This analogy made my afternoon...

Please naa..See it as a way to make the option available for other potential testers. Passing TEF is already done for you jare. Fair arguments about brain reconfiguration.

Ok, ok, ok.

Btw, who else is depressed after reading fait divers?

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2019
Mamaroon:

Ok, ok, ok, I shouldn't be selfish!!!

Btw, who else is depressed after reading fait divers?

Yaaay! Merci...

It's not only you o...those stories get as they be.

I've heard one should limit fait divers practice to "insolite"...rather than those criminal stories.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Bhussola: 6:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
Hi Bellerin, TCF is looking good, can you pls share the resources? Would like to check them out...Merci
Bellerin:
ICYMI:

You can take it while waiting for the "transfer ban" from TEF (2 month gap between consecutive attempts)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
Bhussola:
Hi Bellerin, TCF is looking good, can you pls share the resources? Would like to check them out...Merci

Drop the string below in a Google search (all of it including site: and the " " )

Look out for the first link or the one showing 20 Apr 2017 wall | vk...You'll find them there.

Feel free to explore other links in the Google search result for more stuff.

site:vk.com "TCF"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Chloesmum22: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2019
Bellerin:

Drop the string below in a Google search (all of it including site: and the " "wink

Look out for the first link or that showing 20 Apr 2017 wall | vk...You'll find them there.

Thank you so much for this. I just logged into Nairaland after months of being away and I’m think of writing TCF too. You guys are so amazing on this thread!! ��

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
Chloesmum22:

Thank you so much for this. I just logged into Nairaland after months of being away and I’m think of writing TCF too. You guys are so amazing on this thread!! ��
Ywc! Welcome back and happy prep!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Bhussola: 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
Thanks a bunch.
Bellerin:

Drop the string below in a Google search (all of it including site: and the " " )

Look out for the first link or the one showing 20 Apr 2017 wall | vk...You'll find them there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (183) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.