Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (455862 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 24, 2019
cool
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Detreasure: 5:53am On May 25, 2019
Hello All Great TEFarians grin
I'm very glad to be here and will like to express a sincere appreciation to every contributor(s) on this thread. May we all achieve our individual heart desires.
Please myself and my spouse are intending to stat the EE process soon. After evaluating our scores using the CRS tools we discovered that we fall below the 450 points which is about the average points score according to the current trends in the draw. Hence, we discovered that if we try TEF exams and passed at 7 CLB on all 4 areas, we will be well above 470 points which is more than enough to receive ITA as of now.
My spouse will be our PA because of my age, but She will start from scratch as to French language.
Questions:
1. Is 8 months reasonably possible to learn, write and pass the TEF exams with a 7 CLB?
2. I'm planning on writing the TEF too, does my own result also count? I asked because the CRS tools only requests for PA's second language.
3. Is there any learning group we can join immediately?
4. What resources (Video or Books) can you recommend for a complete beginner (Newbs/Rookie)?
5. Can I evaluate only my HND and BCS IT certificate as two or more certificate?
Thank you as you assist with your advice.

Note: We are planning to ace IELTS as well.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ayandee: 7:22am On May 25, 2019
Detreasure:
I'm very glad to be here and will like to express a sincere appreciation to every contributor(s) on this thread. May we all achieve our individual heart desires.
Please myself and my spouse are intending to stat the EE process soon. After evaluating our scores using the CRS tools we discovered that we fall below the 450 points which is about the average points score according to the current trends in the draw. Hence, we discovered that if we try TEF exams and passed at 7 CLB on all 4 areas, we will be well above 470 points which is more than enough to receive ITA as of now.
My spouse will be our PA because of my age, but She will start from scratch as to French language.
Questions:
1. Is 8 months reasonably possible to learn, write and pass the TEF exams with a 7 CLB?
2. I'm planning on writing the TEF too, does my own result also count? I asked because the CRS tools only requests for PA's second language.
4. What resources (Video or Books) can you recommend for a complete beginner (Newbs/Rookie)?
5. Can I evaluate only my HND and BCS IT certificate as two or more certificate?

I'm in the same situation. I maxed out my ielts score( LWSR 8.5,7.5,8,9) and having noticed that crs draws have been on 450 for some time, I started learning french from scratch since 1st April. I got a private tutor (not cheap, but I am determined). We hold 3 classes per week (Monday 1hr, Tuesday 2hrs, Thursday 2hrs). Most times, he exceeds the hours. I do a lot of learning on my own too. I watch easy French, rfi, tv5monde, watch French in action videos, all on youtube. I also downloaded some TEF materials from this thread. I had to read this thread from the beginning and I've been following quietly for some time.

Now, I can read to an extent. Listening is still an issue, a big one. I think French people talk too fast. But I still practise listening daily even though I can only pick a few words. My teacher encourages me to listen all the same. I listen while driving, cooking and whenever I have some spare time. I've started practising speaking too. We hold 20minutes french conversation (he talks, i just listen) at the beginning of each class. He talks about world politics, the society etc. After conversation, we do grammar. Last week, he introduced role play after grammar lesson (e.g buying stuffs from shops, asking and giving directions, just simple everyday stuff).

I also joined Duolingo, a French meet up club in Lagos. We watched a movie last month (Les tontons flinguers). Another meeting is coming up this weekend and they would be discussing "les couleurs" and " Les vetements".

I am still learning and simply enjoying myself while at it. I still have a lot to learn. For books, I got Bescherrelle for French verbs, French dictionary and few novels. I downloaded Schaum's outline on French grammar. Be ready to use a lot of internet data. For now, I do not "economise" on data.

My teacher says 8months is doable depending on how well I immerse myself. I'll join Alliance Francais TEF class before taking the exam. No date in mind yet as it's such a humbling journey.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Detreasure: 8:56am On May 25, 2019
Wow really great and inspiring! First, let me congratulate you on your IELTS success.
We are really encouraged by your experience and are ready to hit the ground running.
As for listening to French channels, we will have no problem because we have access to FTA French stations and movies.
What is the requirement for joining the Duolingo meet-up group?
We have enough internet data for any amount of downloads or internet use as well.
Thank you for your input and wish you all the best in this journey.
Please if you or anyone in the building can still answer remaining part of my questions, it will be greatly appreciated.

ayandee:
I'm in the same situation. I maxed out my ielts score( LWSR 8.5,7.5,8,9) and having noticed that crs draws have been on 450 for some time, I started learning french from scratch since 1st April. I got a private tutor (not cheap, but I am determined). We hold 3 classes per week (Monday 1hr, Tuesday 2hrs, Thursday 2hrs). Most times, he exceeds the hours. I do a lot of learning on my own too. I watch easy French, rfi, tv5monde, watch French in action videos, all on youtube. I also downloaded some TEF materials from this thread. I had to read this thread from the beginning and I've been following quietly for some time.

Now, I can read to an extent. Listening is still an issue, a big one. I think French people talk too fast. But I still practise listening daily even though I can only pick a few words. My teacher encourages me to listen all the same. I listen while driving, cooking and whenever I have some spare time. I've started practising speaking too. We hold 20minutes french conversation (he talks, i just listen) at the beginning of each class. He talks about world politics, the society etc. After conversation, we do grammar. Last week, he introduced role play after grammar lesson (e.g buying stuffs from shops, asking and giving directions, just simple everyday stuff).

I also joined Duolingo, a French meet up club in Lagos. We watched a movie last month (Les tontons flinguers). Another meeting is coming up this weekend and they would be discussing "les couleurs" and " Les vetements".

I am still learning and simply enjoying myself while at it. I still have a lot to learn. For books, I got Bescherrelle for French verbs, French dictionary and few novels. I downloaded Schaum's outline on French grammar. Be ready to use a lot of internet data. For now, I do not "economise" on data.

My teacher says 8months is doable depending on how well I immerse myself. I'll join Alliance Francais TEF class before taking the exam. No date in mind yet as it's such a humbling journey.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 10:08am On May 25, 2019
Detreasure:
Questions:

Regarding question 2. There are NO points for spouse's second language.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Detreasure: 10:57am On May 25, 2019
Thank you very much.

Mamaroon:

Regarding question 2. There are NO points for spouse's second language.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:28am On May 25, 2019
[quote author=Detreasure post=78695296]Hello All Great TEFarians grin

Questions:

4. What resources (Video or Books) can you recommend for a complete beginner (Newbs/Rookie)?1. Michel Thomas - Learn French
2. Frenchpod Elementary
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Detreasure: 12:03pm On May 25, 2019
Thanks and God bless you for these suggestions.
if I may ask pls, is the Frenchpod Elementary a book or Video?

Bellerin:
Questions:

4. What resources (Video or Books) can you recommend for a complete beginner (Newbs/Rookie)?1. Michel Thomas - Learn French
2. Frenchpod Elementary
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 25, 2019
Detreasure:
Thanks and God bless you for these suggestions.
if I may ask pls, is the Frenchpod Elementary a book or Video?

They have videos but it's mainly audio based with pdfs.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rs172(m): 1:55pm On May 25, 2019
ayandee:

What's up, Download this app Google translate, then download offline cache for french on the app..
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 3:45pm On May 25, 2019
Detreasure:
Questions:

Hi...best wishes on this journey. While its true the dependant spouse gets no additional CRS points for being bilingual, I think being comfortable with both English and French would increase your attractiveness to potential employers.
So, keep at it! Meilleurs voeux.

Question 5: to qualify for "2 or more certificates", one of them should have involved studies of at least three years...like a Bachelors degree.
If your HND does...you should be good. Unfortunately, you might not know for sure until you have the certificates assessed.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 3:53pm On May 25, 2019
ayandee:

Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing this...

You're doing great with the immersion. Well done. If you can lay your hands on short stories (for kids) in French, I found them very helpful for improving my reading and writing.
Many of us probably can't recall what it took us to learn our first language, but I suspect it involved reading a few kiddies' books and short novels.
Best wishes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by BootyliciousHon: 6:01pm On May 25, 2019
You did real well. Nice one!. Just that Expression Écrit�
Mamaroon:
Ok peeps. So it's some good news and some not so good news

CE 242 C1 CLB8 3 points
CO 267 B2 CLB7 3 points
EE 267 B1 CLB5 1 point (abeg who I offend undecided)
EO 339 B2 CLB7 3 points

NJ, DanMisla I need epp, una fit tutor me for this EE. I feel like giving up but in reality I can't quit.

I thought I could do a DanMisla and go for French as first language but I need CLB 7 in all....any other way out?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 27, 2019
Mbok, who has 2 "accesses" to TEF prepmyfuture or any anyone that they're not using again.

God bless that person that recommended propulse training. I don start to dey read for new TEF. Hopefully the scores for the draw this week will not be too high.

Happy studies to those actively preparing!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Mummychichi: 6:02pm On May 27, 2019
Propulse? Letme check it out

Bellerin:
Mbok, who has 2 "accesses" to TEF prepmyfuture or any anyone that they're not using again.

God bless that person that recommended propulse training. I don start to dey read for new TEF. Hopefully the scores for the draw this week will not be too high.

Happy studies to those actively preparing!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Detreasure: 10:05pm On May 28, 2019
I appreciate those pointers Sir/Ma.

[quote author=Bellerin post=78703105][/quote]
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Detreasure: 10:14pm On May 28, 2019
Merci tres bien. vous est genial.

DanMisla:

Hi...best wishes on this journey. While its true the dependant spouse gets no additional CRS points for being bilingual, I think being comfortable with both English and French would increase your attractiveness to potential employers.
So, keep at it! Meilleurs voeux.

Question 5: to qualify for "2 or more certificates", one of them should have involved studies of at least three years...like a Bachelors degree.
If your HND does...you should be good. Unfortunately, you might not know for sure until you have the certificates assessed.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 29, 2019
A huge shout out to Mamaroon and NJ. Simply amazing people!

They inspire and go out of their way to help. Looking forward to the next TEF exams. All the best to everyone expecting a draw.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EEWCMSRShyJsZg61cJuM4RSfovPIZFJB/view?usp=drivesdk

This file might assist someone with EO.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Runo03: 3:19pm On May 29, 2019
[quote author=Mummychichi post=78771264]Propulse? Letme check it out

[/quote

Please how do I get or access the Propulse materials?.
Please help
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 29, 2019
[quote author=Runo03 post=78829906][/quote]

Free on YouTube. Just type "Propulse Training" in the search bar.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Bhussola: 6:20pm On May 29, 2019
Hello house, how's everyone doing? It's been awhile and how's the French journey going? Mine has been very tedious o especially writing and listening but I keep at it. So just saw today's draw was 470 & it put the fear of God in me but we go pass by God's grace. Please i need a study buddy/buddies that plan to write the exams by September/October? Cos I noticed i'm somewhat relaxed even with my tutor. I live in Lagos by the way even better if you stay around the egbeda axis. However, ikeja is an option also. Please anyone interested should respond...let's say i'm on A2/B1 sha

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Brownie1003: 9:53am On May 30, 2019
I would love to be your study buddy if you dont mind. Bt i stay at amuwo odofin. Im jus starting tho nd i intend to write b4 d end of the year.
Bhussola:
Hello house, how's everyone doing? It's been awhile and how's the French journey going? Mine has been very tedious o especially writing and listening but I keep at it. So just saw today's draw was 470 & it put the fear of God in me but we go pass by God's grace. Please i need a study buddy/buddies that plan to write the exams by September/October? Cos I noticed i'm somewhat relaxed even with my tutor. I live in Lagos by the way even better if you stay around the egbeda axis. However, ikeja is an option also. Please anyone interested should respond...let's say i'm on A2/B1 sha
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by captainhoo: 1:16pm On May 30, 2019
Bonjour everyone

Please does anyone know a good French tutorial class or organisation in Ibadan??
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 30, 2019
captainhoo:
Bonjour everyone

Please does anyone know a good French tutorial class or organisation in Ibadan??

Alliance Française Ibadan might be great!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Gracemama: 8:32pm On May 30, 2019

[/quote]

Are you based in Lagos , if yes pls, can I get the contact of your private tutor.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Gracemama: 8:36pm On May 30, 2019
Hello people,

Pls is there any Alliance Francais center on the mainland preferably yaba axis.
Also will appreciate if anyone can link me up with a good French Tutor.
Merci
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 30, 2019
Gracemama:
Hello people,

Merci

Closest on Mainland is the Ikeja centre.

some people have tried IEF Yaba and have had positive experiences. I think their number is somewhere in this thread.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by amaya21: 9:37pm On May 30, 2019
I think their Yaba center closed when they moved to the new site in Ikoyi. However, their Ikeja center is still open. Their website seems to be down but I got the following image from their Facebook page. It has addresses and phone numbers.

Gracemama:
Hello people,

Merci

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Gracemama: 9:57pm On May 30, 2019
amaya21:
I think their Yaba center closed when they moved to the new site in Ikoyi. However, their Ikeja center is still open. Their website seems to be down but I got the following image from their Facebook page. It has addresses and phone numbers.

Thanks
Cc: Bellerin
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 31, 2019
Leave mamaroon alone ooo...who is blocking mamaroon??

Nawa for this bot.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (183) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.