Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (458706 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ebuncrown: 6:41am On Dec 28, 2019
chigrad:
Hello please did you write with British Council or MOD?

British Council.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ebuncrown:

Thank you so much. I am an absolute beginner although I have been using Duolingo to practice for about a week now. I intend to devote Jan - June 2020 for the study and write the exam by July. Can you recommend any good French school for me in Lagos? Preferably on the mainland.
I attended/still attend ief yaba .They are quite good and dedicated.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Pacesetter4lyf: 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2019
I need advice on online classes or private tutoring. I am a novice to the french language and I can't attend classes because there is no AF in my state. I live in Benin City.

Any advice on how to go about learning the language would be appreciated.

Merci
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Joshmuch: 5:02am On Dec 29, 2019
Pacesetter4lyf:
I need advice on online classes or private tutoring. I am a novice to the french language and I can't attend classes because there is no AF in my state. I live in Benin City.

Merci
check out www.tobidam.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by amaya21: 9:19am On Dec 29, 2019
Take time to go through the thread. Many resources have already been posted.

Pacesetter4lyf:

Merci

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 29, 2019
To all who are beginners asking where and how to start, especially if there is no French School close by.....Pls see this links below by Mariah203, Ayandee, Fabguen and Njbybrthnly. Someone also suggested that people ask in the French language department of your local university, you may find a tutor that way.

For those in Lagos who can attend physical classes, there is Alliance Francaise (Ikeja, Ikoyi) and IEF (Yaba).

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration#70297220

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/67#84053835

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/68#84132829

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/62#83547958

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/1#70358111

Above all please note that you will need to dedicate personal study time seperate from time spent attending classes (be it in a school, with a tutor or online).

All the very best!

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by D4eva(m): 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
Bridalbeautydom:
felicitations à toute le monde qui reussir l'examen de tef! Pour ceux qui sont preparer comme moi, bon courage!
j'aime bien à pratiquer avec les gens qui veulent ameliorer leur l'expression orale!
Je l'intention d'ecrite avant la fin de 1er quatre d'anée prochain.
Que Dieu nous aider!
joyeux noel et bonne année!

Je voudrais pratiquer avec les gens mais au niveau A2.
Seems you’re more advanced.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rinzylee(m): 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2019
Bonjour Toute le Monde....

Happy Sunday!

Please with my score of LRWS 9,6.5,7.5,8.5 in IELTS, how many points can TEF add to me with the minimum level performance?

Merci bien!!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ebuncrown: 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
Bridalbeautydom:

I attended/still attend ief yaba .They are quite good and dedicated.

Alright then. Thank you very much. Would pay then a visit January 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer2: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
rinzylee:
Bonjour Toute le Monde....

Happy Sunday!

Please with my score of LRWS 9,6.5,7.5,8.5 in IELTS, how many points can TEF add to me with the minimum level performance?

Merci bien!!

Please simulate online. Have you written TEF?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rinzylee(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
Enculer2:

Please simulate online. Have you written TEF?

Someone has broken it down for me. Not yet @TEF... APRIL/MAY 2020

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer2: 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
rinzylee:

Someone has broken it down for me. Not yet @TEF... APRIL/MAY 2020

All the very best

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dinma27: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
Please guys, for those of us that have been taking french classes. Do you think 6hours per week with a private for 4months is sufficient to learn French enough to ace TEF?

Thanks for answering
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer2: 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
Dinma27:
Please guys, for those of us that have been taking french classes. Do you think 6hours per week with a private for 4months is sufficient to learn French enough to ace TEF?

Thanks for answering

Yes. Distance learning is even possible. All you need is a good teacher and your determination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2020
Dinma27:

Thanks for answering

All things are possible, if you believe.....you will have to put in your own hours of personal study though....6 hours a week alone will not be sufficient (in my opinion). I would advise that you appraise yourself after each week to see how much you have learned and adjust the following week's hours accordingly.

All the best!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dinma27: 7:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
Mamaroon:

All things are possible, if you believe.....you will have to put in your own hours of personal study though....6 hours a week alone will not be sufficient (in my opinion). I would advise that you appraise yourself after each week to see how much you have learned and adjust the following week's hours accordingly.

I am assuming you are not a beginner, though.

All the best!

Thanks for the response. I'm a big time beginner o. Just the regular small french we learnt im secondary school that i still know
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Pacesetter4lyf: 9:37am On Jan 03, 2020
Mamaroon:
To all who are beginners asking where and how to start, especially if there is no French School close by.....Pls see this links below by Mariah203, Ayandee, Fabguen and Njbybrthnly. You can also ask in the French language department of your local university, you may find a tutor that way.

For those in Lagos who can attend physical classes, there is Alliance Francaise (Ikeja, Ikoyi) and IEF (Yaba).

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration#70297220

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/67#84053835

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/68#84132829

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/62#83547958

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/1#70358111

Above all please note that you will need to dedicate personal study time seperate from time spent attending classes (be it in a school, with a tutor or online).

All the very best!

Thanks for this Mamaroon. You are an inspiration. Someday ...

And I thought to share here. This is a $10 worth course. https://oli.cmu.edu/courses/elementary-french-i-independent-paid/ and here is the part two- for another $10 https://oli.cmu.edu/courses/elementary-french-ii-independent-paid/
I feel the courses are detailed for beginners like me and very interactive. It is kinda long though... Beginners can see if they like the structure. I am currently studying the first and I think I have learned "much".

To our success

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by chigrad: 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
Where can on find TEF exam questions.
If possible with answers.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 05, 2020
chigrad:
Where can on find TEF exam questions.
If possible with answers.

TEF exam structure with sample tests:

https://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/tests-diplomes/outils-preparation-tef/

There is a TEF book with sample questions in this link

Sample tests are also on https://prepmyfuture.com/tef-english

Some people have found the Facebook page "comment se preparer au TEF" useful.

6 Likes 8 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Worldtaker: 11:55am On Jan 05, 2020
Ça fait longtemps que je visite ici. Bonne année à tous. I have been busy preparing since and now I done. I am now preparing for TEF with tips & past questions with my tutor. I came here to share the news that I got from the tutor that unlike last year where fees are fixed. For this year there is now discount: the more hours you book, the lesser your fees. And like me, within a reasonable amount of time and your PERSONAL preparation, you should be ready for TEF . I am taking my exam pretty soon. Back to reading mode. For more info on the tutor, go to: www.tobidam.com
I wish every TEF aspirant success this year.
À plus tard !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
Worldtaker:
Ça fait longtemps que je visite ici. Bonne année à tous. I have been busy preparing since and now I done. I am now preparing for TEF with tips & past questions with my tutor. I came here to share the news that I got from the tutor that unlike last year where fees are fixed. For this year there is now discount: the more hours you book, the lesser your fees. And like me, within a reasonable amount of time and your PERSONAL preparation, you should be ready for TEF . I am taking my exam pretty soon. Back to reading mode. For more info on the tutor, go to: www.tobidam.com
I wish every TEF aspirant success this year.
À plus tard !

Thanks. When do you think you'll likely take it?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 1cent: 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
Am so happy I found this thread, I love the interactions and support going on here.
Please am kinda of a novice about this canada immigration stuff but am really interested and would appreciate if anyone can answer this questions for me.

1.Is a good score in TEF enough qualifying factor for Canada PR?
2. If not what other channels are acceptable aside the express entry/federal skill workers program
Cc: etrange
Mamaroon
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
1cent:
Am so happy I found this thread, I love the interactions and support going on here.
Please am kinda of a novice about this canada immigration stuff but am really interested and would appreciate if anyone can answer this questions for me.

1.Is a good score in TEF enough qualifying factor for Canada PR?
2. If not what other channels are acceptable aside the express entry/federal skill workers program
Cc: etrange
Mamaroon

For Express Entry qualifying factors see here ...you can estimate your CRS

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Step by step process is here https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#83120546

TEF is not compulsory but helps to boost points....that's what this particular thread is all about, although not everyone needs it.

For other ways of migrating, check on NL and Google for Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program AIPP and Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot.

If you are super loaded i.e. stinking rich, most provinces have an Investor Programme also.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Afra88(m): 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ontario just conducted a draw for French speaking people and the cutoff is 433. Congratulations to those who got the NOI.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 11, 2020
Afra88:
Ontario just conducted a draw for French speaking people and the cutoff is 433. Congratulations to those who got the NOI.

Thanks. I believe this still requires CLB 7 in French.

Edit: AND French indicated as first language
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 11, 2020
Wake up sleepy thread!!!

Anyone about to take the exams? How are preps going?

Anyone who has just taken the exams? How did it go?

TEF or TCF? Paper or CBT?

Please share to encourage others.
Please shout if you need encouragement.

All the very best!

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer2: 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
Mamaroon:

Thanks. I believe this still requires CLB 7 in French.

Hello,

To get a nomination from, say, Ontario, do you need to apply or signal interest in any way?

I am stuck in the pool with a score way off the mark - 449 but I am hoping that spouse education and IELTS will swing things the right way.

Sorry for derailing the thread.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
Enculer2:

Hello,

To get a nomination from, say, Ontario, do you need to apply or signal interest in any way?

I am stuck in the pool with a score way off the mark - 449 but I am hoping that spouse education and IELTS will swing things the right way.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

If you qualify, they'll send NOI via your EE profile. Make sure you have picked all provinces.
For the french speaking stream, you need to make french your 1st language with at least CLB7
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer2: 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2020
Mamaroon:
Wake up sleepy thread!!!

All the very best!

The thread is very quiet I must say.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer2: 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
Steather:

If you qualify, they'll send NOI via your EE profile. Make sure you have picked all provinces.
For the french speaking stream, you need to make french your 1st language with at least CLB7

I see. I see. Thsnks for the clarification.

Ontario application costs 1500 CAD per spouse right?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
Enculer2:

I see. I see. Thsnks for the clarification.

Ontario application costs 1500 CAD per spouse right?

No. Just 1500 CAD for the PA that got nominated.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Move2(m): 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
Mamaroon:
Wake up sleepy thread!!!

All the very best!

Bonsoir. Please can you the elders do something to make the thread active? on some days there's nothing new and it slips to page 3 on the travel section.
I need people to talk/ converse with in French.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (183) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.