Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

How Do I Quit Smoking! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Quit Smoking! (1462 Views)

Help!!! I Have Been Sick Since I Quit Smoking. / 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! / Lagos Issues Quit Notice To Sacked Doctors. (2) (3) (4)

How Do I Quit Smoking! by nkemkelly(m): 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2007
i used to smoke cigarettes but the urge to smoke keeps coming up on me.please may i get an advice on how to quit finally.help cos i really don't want to smoke again.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking! by cuteass1(f): 10:32pm On Mar 29, 2007
Like i always say, if you're a christian put it into prayers, God will help you stop even the worst habit, trust me, i know what i'm talking about.

But know this dearie: quitting smoking is as difficult as quitting drugs. It wont be easy ooh but with the right motivation, its not impossible wink

if you're not a christian, then you might resolve to all these "quit moking gums" and "drops"
i think there's something in them, that are meant to replace the nicottin, so that after chewing or licking (depending on the remedy you choose), the urge for smoking quenches

i know of a lady that resolved to sniffing the scent when she felt like smoking, and it always saw her through,

some tend to gain a lot of weight after quitting because, each time they feel like smoking, they resolve to food.

But at the end of the day what helps you most is your determination. If you're totally motivated and determinined, you'll see that each time you pick upa cigarette, something inside you'll tell you not to even think about it.

visit this link for some solutions: [url]http://verden.abcsok.no/index.html?q=quit%20smoking&cs=latin1[/url]

Determination is the key to success , wish you luck cheesy
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking! by OmoEko1(f): 10:36pm On Mar 29, 2007
All you need is determination
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking! by nkemkelly(m): 11:07pm On Mar 29, 2007
my man,I'm trying everything possible.but the urge keep on coming.i even went to a doctor but he didn't have much to offer he only advised me to keep off from those places i used to take the thing from,which i have done.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:09pm On Mar 29, 2007
Nicotine gum or patch.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking! by nkemkelly(m): 11:39pm On Mar 29, 2007
hey cute-ass,thanks for your contribution.that site is wonderful.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking! by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 30, 2007
keep smoking jare! Who says smoking is bad? grin grin

The more people who smoke the better for some of us. By the way, i gotta visit my mice, they smoke too and they are doing terrific! the poor little dears! grin
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking! by cuteass1(f): 1:48am On Mar 30, 2007
nkemkelly:

hey cute-ass,thanks for your contribution.that site is wonderful.

you're wlcome. I'm sure you got what it takes wink
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking! by user86666(m): 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2007
I stopped the habit last year after 11 years. It sure wasnt easy, even now I fight off the temptations every now and then but its easier to do so now than when I had just quit. I must confess I got Gods help because I knew I couldnt get off it on my own, I loved tobacco smoking and was hooked.

But I was determined to rescue my life from the pits of smoke, I battled it on and off for 3 months before quitting finally. In the run-up to finally quitting I used to focus my thoughts strongly on the disadvantages of the habit (I still do if the thot crosses my mind)viz:

[list]
[li]It was gradually destroying my health[/li]
[li]It was draining my finances (think how much u spend smoking monthly, multiply by 12, then multiply by number of years u been smoking. . . its scary!)[/li]
[li]It was damaging my social appearance (esp the smell)[/li]
[li]The habit itself had trapped me[/li]
[li]With time it had limited my associations, most of my friends were smokers and I thot non-smokers were slackers![/li]
[/list]

and the advantages:

[list]
[li]NONE![/li]
[/list]

Rescue your life from the enslaving grip of tobacco smoking pal. . .
what are you waiting for?  smiley
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking! by busygirl(f): 7:38am On Mar 31, 2007
Patches r very helpful.
Re: How Do I Quit Smoking! by skipo87(m): 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2007
in addition to the many advice given, i would say getting your self would help big time. no doubt the urge would come but you could try taking ur mind off by doing something that requires the use of that your mind. And believe me, you have a very good chance of stopping the habit cos you have discovered it as a problem. With time, the urge would go just be faithful and don't decieve your self. don't forget that with God all things are possible. Pray to him about it, i'm sure he would help you

Water-Drinking Contest Death / Protect Your Vagina/penis From Such Infections, Use Condom... / GRAPHIC CONTENT!:Teen with football-sized tumour in her mouth