Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Delta 2019: APC Official, Okumagba Resigns, Joins House Of Assembly Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta 2019: APC Official, Okumagba Resigns, Joins House Of Assembly Race (302 Views)

LP, PDP Used Russian Hackers To Hack INEC Servers - APC Official (Photos) / Roland Igbadumhe 'Youngest Old Man' Joins House Of Representatives Race / 2019: APC Endorses Mannaseh, Passes No Confidence Vote On Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Delta 2019: APC Official, Okumagba Resigns, Joins House Of Assembly Race by lolanews: 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2018
Warri, SouthSouth,Nigeria ..An official of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Warri South Local Government Area of Delta State, Hon. Mike Okuyovwe Okumagba today formally resigned his position as Deputy Chairman just as he declared his intentions to contest Delta State House of Assembly, DTHA Warri South Constituency II Seat with a view to better represent his people in the hallowed chamber.

Addressing delegates at a Ward meeting organized by APC Warri South LGA, Okumagba said the Delta State Government said he is no longer going to chair the Warri South LGA but be known as an “Aspirant.”

Okumagba said the lack of drainage in Okumagba layout is a major problem the people of Warri especially the Warri Constituency II axis .

He however said the Delta State Government has neglected the Okumagba layout in Warri, While noting that the layout is one of the best planned areas in Warri, Okumagb said he will ensure the roads in Okumagba layout and in Warri Urhobo axis are tarred and linked to each other if voted into Office.

He stressed that will solve a lot of problems in terms of locating business areas.
Okumagba also vowed to create and attract employment opportunities to the youths in addition giving out scholarships to the less privileged who are unable to pay school fees from primary, secondary to terteriary institution levels.

Okumagba said he had to resign his position to enable him pursue his political ambition.
Okumagba boasted that he is seventy percent(70%) assured of getting party’s ticket especially with the supports and encouragements the party faithfuls accorded him.

“I just had to resign my position as the Vice Chairman APC Warri South Local Government because of my ambition. Am aspiring for the Delta State House of Assembly Warri South Constituency II and this demands me to step down for me to be able to go about my aspirations.

“I never had ambition of contesting. I was called to come out and contest by the leadership of the APC. That they have checked around and they’ve not really seen people that they trust that can handle the position.

” I was adviced and asked to come and after I have gone for consultations, I decided to welcome their invitation. That’s why am coming out for this position.”

In a remark, the APC Warri South LGA Financial Secretary, Ese Jerry Azakaza(Ward12) said Hon. Okumagba has got his supports for his political ambitions.

The APC Chairman in Igbudu Ward 9, Mr. Pius Onajomoh appreciated Hon. Okumagba for taking the bold steps in contesting for the seat. “We’re really grateful for all you have said. The message you have passed to us, we will pass across to our members.”

Woman Leader in the LGA Chief(Mrs.) Mary Obruche said, ”We’ve heard you and we will work for you. “

https://tracereport.com.ng/2018/08/13/delta-2019-apc-official-okumagba-resigns-joins-house-of-assembly-race/

(1) (Reply)

Ajou University IT Centre Named Aisha Buhari (pics) / Stop Funding Political Parties - CPC Tells INEC / Fight Against Human Trafficking: Obaseki Lauds EU, Benin Monarch As Taskforce...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.