Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ (78583 Views)

Poll: Wut's The Most Fav. Thing U Like About The 60's,70's & 80's Era?

Hairstyle: 18% (14 votes)
Clothes: 24% (18 votes)
Music: 24% (18 votes)
Make-up: 0% (0 votes)
Shoes: 17% (13 votes)
Accessories: 14% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Mama Turned 70: See What A Makeover Artist Did To Make Her Look Younger. / Fashion Trends That Rocked 2014 / Weird Fashion Trends From History (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:27am On Jun 07, 2009
iice:

Ahahahahahaha @ propellers grin grin grin
Hmmm you and my sis love the maxi dresses. I'd wear them to sleep i bothered wearing them undecided

LOL i love the green too! Actually got me some new shades, currently rocking bright orange tongue

I love those tribal footwear and some of the accessories. Even the clothes. Just not the headbands

~My sis left a bright Orange  nail Polish when she visited earlier this year! I've been giving it the eye but am yet to apply it:Much as i love bright colours,am not so keen wearing bright nail polish! I prefer darker shades of Green ~Brown ~Purple ~Colours on my nails. . . I especially Love Black! 

~I love the Boho inspired Headbands more,the Corsage . . undecided

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by Nobody: 2:13am On Jun 07, 2009
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by C2H5OH(f): 2:14am On Jun 07, 2009
row 2 column 2 is fyne.
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:30am On Jun 07, 2009
FL Gators:

MC, you sure these outfits were in the 70s/80s?

Shoooooooooooo, I'd wear them, they're still cute!! kiss

~No M'am! Those outfits on pics are "Spring/Summer 09 Fashion Trends". . Only fashion comeback among those pics is the Sunglasses Kym has on. . thats a Classic Jackie O shades! Rocked in the 70's. . .

~Yeah. . . .The Feather Headband is pretty Kwel!
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by Nobody: 2:36am On Jun 07, 2009
LOL ok, cuz I'm abt to say then my fashion style must still be in the 80s style. lol tongue
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by iice(f): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2009
mohawkchic:

~My sis left a bright Orange  nail Polish when she visited earlier this year! I've been giving it the eye but am yet to apply it:Much as i love bright colours,am not so keen wearing bright nail polish! I prefer darker shades of Green ~Brown ~Purple ~Colours on my nails. . . I especially Love Black! 

~I love the Boho inspired Headbands more,the Corsage . . undecided

Ahhh i love dark ones too, especially black and maroon. I used to wear black to drive my mom nuts grin grin I alternate every few days, dark to light/bright colors.
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 07, 2009
iice:

Ahhh i love dark ones too, especially black and maroon. I used to wear black to drive my mom nuts grin grin I alternate every few days, dark to light/bright colors.

LOL, me too!
I loved dark nail polish. My mom used to ask me why I like them, if I'm a witch or sth grin grin
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by iice(f): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2009
FL Gators:

LOL, me too!
I loved dark nail polish. My mom used to ask me why I like them, if I'm a witch or sth grin grin

Rofl, exactly what my mom used to say. . .thankfully i don't have a penchant for dark clothings or that would have really freaked her out grin
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:27am On Jul 12, 2009
~
~Bright Nails

Kelis, Angela Simmons and Rihanna are hot on the nail trend trail. Bright neon nails are a popular choice for the summer season. From neon green to turquoise blue, the assortment of colors for your nails is endless

Glasses
Erykah, Kanye and Lloyd may look goofy, but the new trend in eyewear is clear and kooky. Join the crew and create your own funky look by removing the lenses out of an old pair of black shades or glasses.

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:30am On Jul 12, 2009

Blackberry
It’s a computer, planner, and phone all in one. The Blackberry PDA is just as useful for A-list stars – Mariah Carey, Pharrell and Garcelle Beauvais – as it is for “the average” phoner. With e-mail, friends, and the web right at your finger tips, this phone has become one of the hottest fashion accessories.

Hair Cut
Trend alert: Short hair is hot. Short and sweet do's, angular bobs and adorable pixie cuts are bursting on the scenes of Hollywood stars, like Toccara and Tia Mowry. Short styles are great for keeping up your beauty with low maintenance and best for those hot summer days.

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by iice(f): 1:32am On Jul 12, 2009
Ugly glasses tongue  I don't wear glasses too much except my prescribe ones which i use to push back the hair from my face tongue

Love the nails though.  .  .Been rocking bright orange, yellow and hot pink tongue

Friend asked me if i got acrylics on coz the sheen and texture of the nail polish looks so smooth.  .  .

My bro was like, girl that's rocking, i likey grin grin
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:45am On Jul 12, 2009
~I hear on those clear Shades. . Not feeling them at all. . Got to say tho there's some sentiments there for me. . me dada use to have his prescription Glasses in all shapes & sizes . .

~I feel you on the Brightnails. . . Rock On!! wink. . I had to lay off the Black polish for a wee bit,my nails were getting a "Tan" grin. . TLC has sorted it out tho. . .
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by iice(f): 1:57am On Jul 12, 2009
LOL @ Tan grin grin

My dada only wore these small square ones, but my mom had something like those up there. . .she rarely wore hers stubborn woman grin
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:05am On Jul 12, 2009
~Lol. .Your Dada stuck w/ one shape. . mine experimneted w/ all sorts. . . Without them he was as blind as a bat. . my Mam only started wearing glasses lately. . .she wasnt best pleased about it! cheesy

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:13am On Jul 12, 2009
~Liquid Leggings
These fancy leggings have become the new comfort jeans. Coming in an assortment of colors, liquid leggings are very popular amongst young Hollywood. Like Christina, Meagan and Rihanna, these tight pants can provide comfort and sex appeal when paired with stilettos.

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by iice(f): 2:29am On Jul 12, 2009
Hate those too. . .looks like trash bags tongue
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2009
~ grin Ha! Ha! I got a couple of that "Trash bag" Love the feel and Shine to it. . .we call them "Wet Look" Leggings  tongue
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2009
~Man Bag
These guys have redefined a man’s style by adding this once female-ruled accessory to their attire. The “man bag” or “murse” has been one of the most talked about trends in men’s fashion. Whether some think it’s feminine or not, these dudes have ignored the snickers from women and bashing from men with these stylish oversized totes.

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2009
~Maxi Dress
Day or night, you’re sure to spot ladies rocking their favorite version of the maxi dress. They come in varieties of bold, floral and exotic prints. For the fashion-savvy woman, like Joy Bryant and Essence Atkins, the secret is the cut. Be careful that the maxi dress doesn't wear you!

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2009
~Open Toe Booties
We’ve seen this fly footwear on many pretty feet on the red carpet and on the streets. Cut off at the ankle or high up your calf, these show-stopping shoes will never go out of season.

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2009
~Retro Style
Instead of sticking with the times, take a blast from the past with this popular style of dress. With groovy colors and mod style statements, the Retro vibe is all the rage. Outdated looks are hot again with Lil Mama and Solange leading its revival.

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2009
~Scarves
Not only can they keep you warm, but they can add some flare to your wardrobe. These classic scarves have been a trendy addition all season long. Whether it’s generic, designer, silk, or cotton, this Western look is given a chic twist.

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by iice(f): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2009
What da.  . . shocked Da hell is Pharrell holding? cheesy
If my bro has something like that.  .  .i will throw it away grin

Ok i totally love the open toe booties kiss kiss

I dig the scarf too.  .  .i wear that
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2009
~Black & White Trend Alert!~

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by SeanT21(f): 2:29am On Aug 06, 2009
I love those headbands.
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by spikedcylinder: 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2009
I'm beginning to like Joy Bryant's sense of style. Did you see her wedding photos?
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 4:14am On Aug 12, 2009
aww i miss this thread tongue
i think im going to ditch my wardrobe n start retro-ing
if i cant pull off a button inspired hair do,
i might as well, shock my friends with the inflow of *shudder* colors into my closet
yes i can! cheesy
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:37am On Aug 12, 2009
~As the Americans say "You Go Girl" cheesy
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 4:49am On Aug 12, 2009
cheesy wink
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:02am On Oct 14, 2009
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by iice(f): 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2009

Feeling the vibe of this
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:51pm On Oct 14, 2009
[size=13pt]~I like all three. . .[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Still The Same Arewa Princess" - Woman Changes Dress Style After Moving Abroad / Stephanie Agbasi's Miss Universe Costume Gets Her Slammed By Nigerians (Photo) / How Girls Sleep When They Make New Hair Style (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.