Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,572 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ (78582 Views)

Poll: Wut's The Most Fav. Thing U Like About The 60's,70's & 80's Era?

Hairstyle: 18% (14 votes)
Clothes: 24% (18 votes)
Music: 24% (18 votes)
Make-up: 0% (0 votes)
Shoes: 17% (13 votes)
Accessories: 14% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Mama Turned 70: See What A Makeover Artist Did To Make Her Look Younger. / Fashion Trends That Rocked 2014 / Weird Fashion Trends From History (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2010
~Love how the Chloe sock is worn. . The Hermes Sock Goes purrfect w/ the shoes. . .

~Averting my eyes from the socks to the Wedges!!
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by ikamefa(f): 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2010
nahh not a fan of these socks trends

looks juvvy to me  undecided
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2010
~Ha! Reminds of the dayz I use to sulk b/c my Mam still thought it was Cool to wear sock w/ my party Dresses & i hated it so much! Who wud have thunk!
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by chika98: 3:40am On Jan 13, 2010
I rock socks with my booties or some military style boots. Tres cute! I so love that socks are coming back.
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 4:48am On Jan 13, 2010
where was i when the rock chick ish was going on?

oh money come to me i need to spend you on some fuyyyne things i been seeing
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:49am On Jan 13, 2010
~Good Q! Where have you been hiding?

Amen!
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 4:52am On Jan 13, 2010
my blog took over my life tongue
oh and assignments angry
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:57am On Jan 13, 2010
~Aah. . .You have to put in the graft. . .Good Luck w/ the assignments. . .
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 4:58am On Jan 13, 2010
thanks, smiley
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by madlady(f): 7:06am On Jan 13, 2010
bluespice:

where was i when the rock chick ish was going on?

@mohawkchic, I wonder if you can give me some styling tips. A page back we spoke about my mum's leather trousers, well I have found a trove of the leather stuff at her place, not sure i should call them treasure or trash. All very soft leather so I can alter if this leather rival thing is doable undecided undecided.

She's got a really long,almost floor length black skirt, a black leather basket weave effect fitted short jacket, I Iike these just for cas wear, but how would I wear, all together with black boots (mafia stylee undecided undecided) or what. They can all be made to fit me very tightly, which is what I want.
I can post them if you need to look kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 10:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
omg mad lady! pair the floor length leather skirt with platform boots (punk style) tongue
okay im kidding but if u alter the length and the size, the leather skirt is def going to be good
shoot if i wore skirts that were anything close to my knee i might have one or two leather skirts by now
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by madlady(f): 12:22am On Jan 14, 2010
grin grin grin

@bluespice, just not feeling the knee length leather shirt.I saw a few in her wardrobe but discounted them. kiss
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 1:05am On Jan 14, 2010
mini? tongue
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by madlady(f): 3:20am On Jan 14, 2010
bluespice:

mini? tongue

Me? tongue tongue tongue
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 3:35am On Jan 14, 2010
with tights cheesy
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by madlady(f): 7:11am On Jan 14, 2010
bluespice:

with tights cheesy

TOO TALL, I will be too obvious embarassed kiss
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:48am On Jan 16, 2010
madlady:

@mohawkchic, I wonder if you can give me some styling tips. A page back we spoke about my mum's leather trousers, well I have found a trove of the leather stuff at her place, not sure i should call them treasure or trash. All very soft leather so I can alter if this leather rival thing is doable undecided undecided.

She's got a really long,almost floor length black skirt, a black leather basket weave effect fitted short jacket, I Iike these just for cas wear, but how would I wear, all together with black boots (mafia stylee undecided undecided) or what. They can all be made to fit me very tightly, which is what I want.
I can post them if you need to look kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

~Hey ML. . .Wud love to see pics. . .

~I've got a couple of suggestions & a question. . .You can dress down & Glam both items together or on their own depending on what you pair it with. . .

~BTW how wud you describe your Sense of Style? You'd forgive me if you find my suggestions SoOo-not-your-style. . . Usually all it takes regardless of one's personal style,is the right ensemble,accessories. . . .

~Having read how you feel about Midi,Knee length. . i'll suggest Calf Length High Waist A-line Pencil shape. . . that is if you are comfy in that style,i'm sure You'll Rock whatever alterations you make. . .

~You Cud Rock this look w/ White Tank top & Weave Effect fitted Jacket,Boots for Casual Chic Look. .

~Transform it w/ Quater length/Sleeveless Shirt/Top,Thin Spaggetti/"Abortion" Belt
[img]http://2.bp..com/_FplyOJ_CrsU/SWV1rILqK9I/AAAAAAAAGEE/QUI5OoVdfFw/s400/not_ciara.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_2J0zHNa4gDo/R2SITKWHE4I/AAAAAAAABzk/od-4QohQm0c/s400/32189_haydenpcelebutopia4_122_27lo.jpg[/img]

~Not digging the Metalic Top combo. . .but giving you an idea of how you cud work the glam look w/ leather skirt

~I'm sure you'll find something that goes w/ the Jacket. . might serve a better purpose on chilly summer nights out perhaps?. . .Seein how its too cold to wear on its own. . .Will toy w/ other ideas when you post pic. . .
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by madlady(f): 8:42am On Jan 16, 2010
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

@mohawkchic, a BIG THANK YOU.

One thing I will say, my mother's wardrobe really taught me a lesson, buying too many clothes is NEARLY A CRIME.

I love the 1st combination,  I have loads of tanks, so that means no spending needed to do that look.GREAT.

2nd combination,I did not even think about putting shirts with leather,that means i may even use one of her slim knee high skirts with my shirts,great for work.Fantastic,will save me bucks.

I love the almost on the floor shirt,  is the length wearable now with chunky long boots? ( cas for the day)

I have also found out that the real 80s stuff fit differently from the 80s inspired clothes, but I can alter all myself (spent half my 20s doing evening classes of one sort or the other)

I have shown the jacket with a silly belt, but that was all i could find (sold off all of mine on ebay) so if  the jacket is wearable i will need to make it small at the waist.

I have shown the pants with a side on view so that you can see that the shapes more rounded on the hips, and they are not tight enough,I will alter.

I have shown the skirt with the boots i would like to wear it with,or should I wear with a more fitted style of boot (i have a few pairs )the skirts too big but I will alter.

Can I wear the leather pants inside the heavy boots or will it be too much?

Ok my style's really paired down, I am large busted and narrow on the bottom half, so I prefer the simple look to the sexy,hate looking too glam, unless I really have to. kiss kiss kiss

Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by spikedcylinder: 9:02am On Jan 16, 2010
Madlady, please post photos of your find. It might help with suggestions. smiley
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by madlady(f): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2010
@spikedcylinder, thanks smiley smiley. She's got loads more but I am at work now, I will post more if you need when I get back to her place.

I think you get the idea of the stuff, she's got floor length leather coats as well but not sure about those.
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by spikedcylinder: 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2010
http://culturecynic..com/

I love the way that girl mixes and matches with cheap clothes. You might want to check her out. smiley
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by chika98: 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2010
LOL that's my girl. My personal person right there. She's amazing
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:25am On Jan 17, 2010
madlady:

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

@mohawkchic, a BIG THANK YOU.

~No Woories. . . You've actually inspired me to want to try other  Leather apparels other than the Jacket! Dresses to be precise. . Now that wa son my list of "Things-I-Wont-Be-Caught-Wearing!" I've seen some really gorgeous ones while searching for pics for you. . .

madlady:

One thing I will say, my mother's wardrobe really taught me a lesson, buying too many clothes is NEARLY A CRIME.

~You can say that again!! I've had a few reflective moments. . but that's all it was "Moments". . very brief ones at that! I always say you only Live Once!!If all the top priorities are sorted & i can afford to spoil  myself silly Why Not!! At least you're able to revamped your finds. . I've got a son who wont be interested in all the junk i'm collecting!!

madlady:

I love the 1st combination,  I have loads of tanks, so that means no spending needed to do that look.GREAT.

2nd combination,I did not even think about putting shirts with leather,that means i may even use one of her slim knee high skirts with my shirts,great for work.Fantastic,will save me bucks.

I love the almost on the floor shirt,  is the length wearable now with chunky long boots? ( cas for the day)

~Glad you found some of the  pairing ideas helpful & will be doing your own combo's at no cost on the pocket!

~I think the cut of the skirt determines if you can get away w/ wearing long boots underneath. . if it's got a flare cut then yeah you can. . however if its more A-line fit. . there's a tendency for the boot to give an almost clumpy effect where it cuts off on the knee. . .Pic of the skirt seem to only load past the hanger so i cudnt tell the cut. . .  

madlady:

I have also found out that the real 80s stuff fit differently from the 80s inspired clothes, but I can alter all myself (spent half my 20s doing evening classes of one sort or the other)

I have shown the jacket with a silly belt, but that was all i could find (sold off all of mine on ebay) so if  the jacket is wearable i will need to make it small at the waist.

~You get to  rummage thro your Mam's stuff & make  the clothes hip again!! Lucky You! On picking up a few nips & tucks. . .

~I Love the Jacket!!Be sure to post pics after your alterations. . .

madlady:

Can I wear the leather pants inside the heavy boots or will it be too much?

~It wud be a shame to cover up the Croc boots. . but i aint too sure if it will be much. .you ought to try it & see how it works. . only way i think you'll pull it off is if you use a hip belt on it. . w/ a shirt tucked in. . The image of Riding a horse gear suddenly pops in my head. . . .

madlady:

Ok my style's really paired down, I am large busted and narrow on the bottom half, so I prefer the simple look to the sexy,hate looking too glam, unless I really have to. kiss kiss kiss

~Aaah. . .Plus of chics who only do the Glam once in a while is it's like a totally different person compared to having to slap on the glam on a daily basic. . .
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 1:36am On Jan 17, 2010
wow!  i like i really like some of the things she sports
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by spikedcylinder: 1:38am On Jan 17, 2010
^^^^ She's cool, yea?
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 1:40am On Jan 17, 2010
cool? i've just gone on google to search for thrift and vintage stores in london tongue
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by spikedcylinder: 1:47am On Jan 17, 2010
You'd surprised at what you'd find in some of those 5 pound stores.
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 2:01am On Jan 17, 2010
i'll dedicate next weekend to do that
i'll probably go to camden lock tomorrow
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:04am On Jan 17, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I love the way that girl mixes and matches with cheap clothes. You might want to check her out. smiley

~Love how she accessorizes. . my 4 fav look so far will be the  80's intage Dress,Vintage Sweater Top,The Scarf & The Grace Element trousers i Love,got a few. .Love that it drags. . only down-side is,the cuff of the feet never gets cleaned properly. . .

~Will have a proper browse thro her other Lookbooks l8r. . .
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:30am On Jan 17, 2010
~Kylie Monogue wearing a clinging leather dress.

~Kate Moss wearing a leather mini dressI fell in love with This!

~Victoria beckham. . Someone feed this woman Phuleeeze!!

~ Katy Perry expressed her love to leather. Wearing a dress with a leather bustier
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 2:39am On Jan 17, 2010
oh my i love katy perry's
ewww @ posh she's just a sack of bones and saline implants in gorgeous shoes
Re: ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ by bluespice(f): 2:43am On Jan 17, 2010
spikedcylinder:

oh my! i love her snood!
ahhh im cupping one for myself
see, the men's section is not bad to buy stuff from

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Still The Same Arewa Princess" - Woman Changes Dress Style After Moving Abroad / Stephanie Agbasi's Miss Universe Costume Gets Her Slammed By Nigerians (Photo) / How Girls Sleep When They Make New Hair Style (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.