Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:15 AM

My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story (5529 Views)

One Month Redmi 9c 3gb/64gb Plus 64 Gb Memory Card @n50,000 / My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked / Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 A Prime Full Unboxing And Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by Gbadebo01(m): 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2018
Gptech:

It's not a memory issue, even 1gig ram Redmi 2 doesn't experience such. It is compatibility issues with some new themes, with time such should be fixed by developers. Same issue you experience happen with this them on a Redmi note 5 here.
hmmn.. i hope so but the issue i have here is even on the default theme it also reverts, i have been using the default theme for a while But changed the wallpaper in some hours i notice it reverts to the default wallpaper and icons
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by Gptech(m): 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
Gbadebo01:
hmmn.. i hope so but the issue i have here is even on the default theme it also reverts, i have been using the default theme for a while But changed the wallpaper in some hours i notice it reverts to the default wallpaper and icons
Should be a bug then, will be fixed via OTA.
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by Gbadebo01(m): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
Gptech:

Should be a bug then, will be fixed via OTA.
i believe so but i still need to rake up figures concerning this just to know if other note 5 ai users experience the same thing.
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by aktem(m): 4:28am On Aug 17, 2018
nerdfrost:

guy pls don't start this morning...even note 4x is better than infinix note 5
Stop saying what you dont know.
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by jesse8048(m): 5:26am On Aug 17, 2018
busuyi44:
Hybrid sim adapter is available 1k each.let us that on WhatsApp

Where do you base, lag or pH?
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by busuyi44: 5:42am On Aug 17, 2018
jesse8048:

Where do you base, lag or pH?
Osun but can be sent through Nipost registered mail to anywhere for 9ja for an additional fee N300. Let's chat on WhatsApp
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by franzis(m): 8:37am On Aug 17, 2018
busuyi44:
Hybrid sim adapter is available 1k each.let us that on WhatsApp
do you have Redmi note 5 tempered glass full screen 2pcs
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by fibonacci2526: 9:13am On Aug 17, 2018
franzis:

Contact Macbeyland.
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by nerdfrost(m): 9:36am On Aug 17, 2018
aktem:
Stop saying what you dont know.
I don't blame u..infinix marketer....keep deceiving clueless Nigerians undecided

1 Like

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by busuyi44: 11:01am On Aug 17, 2018
No
franzis:
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by aktem(m): 11:53am On Aug 17, 2018
nerdfrost:

I don't blame u..infinix marketer....keep deceiving clueless Nigerians undecided
You are the clueless one. so i am now a inifinix marketer for telling you the fact? I am sure you have never seen inifnix note 5 not to talk of handling the phone and you are making baseless conclusionsand making a fool of yourself here. IGNORAMUS

2 Likes

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by daamazing(m): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
aktem:
You are the clueless one. so i am now a inifinix marketer for telling you the fact? I am sure you have never seen inifnix note 5 not to talk of handling the phone and you are making baseless conclusionsand making a fool of yourself here. IGNORAMUS
wdym? That Infinix note 5 with SD430 is better than xiaomi redmi note 4x with SD625?
B
lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by nerdfrost(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
aktem:

oga, I don't have time for baseless argument.. u said ave never seen note 5 grin ..all these inifinix boys..u said am making a fool of myself.. cheesy grin who's the fool here...comparing infinix thats not even global to xiaomi thats known worldwide

1 Like

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by nerdfrost(m): 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
daamazing:
wdym? That Infinix note 5 with SD430 is better than xiaomi redmi note 4x with SD625?
B
lipsrsealed

leave him...all these infinix boys wey no dey gree...infinix just made a crappy fone and put an SD chipset...na so so noise we dey hear

infinix and charging port problem cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by GrandMufti: 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
daamazing:
B
lipsrsealed

grin grin

1 Like

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by aktem(m): 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
nerdfrost:

leave him...all these infinix boys wey no dey gree...infinix just made a crappy fone and put an SD chipset...na so so noise we dey hear

infinix and charging port problem cheesy grin
I know all you will keep mentioning is the chipset. You can only truly rate a phone when you handle the two.You think a phone can be rated based on the only the chipset? Infinix and charging port fault... So xiaomi no dey get any technical fault? Mind you, my last phone was xiaomi and no big deal with the phone, it doesn't even have 2nd hand value in Nigeria, besides.. No repair centre/spare part in Nigeria...... another IGNORAMUS
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by aktem(m): 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2018
nerdfrost:

oga, I don't have time for baseless argument.. u said ave never seen note 5 grin ..all these inifinix boys..u said am making a fool of myself.. cheesy grin who's the fool here...comparing infinix thats not even global to xiaomi thats known worldwide
I am not referring to brand, we are comparing redmi note 5 here and infinix note 5..so,we the argument is specific... You are just confused.. Taking the whole thing to another level.
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by fibonacci2526: 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2018
aktem:
I am not referring to brand, we are comparing redmi note 5 here and infinix note 5..so,we the argument is specific... You are just confused.. Taking the whole thing to another level.

But the redmi note 5 is a better device than the infinix note 5 na, abi am I missing something here?
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by horlahwaley(m): 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
daamazing:
B
lipsrsealed
no. mind him,infinix note 5 is not even sd its mediatek helio p23.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by horlahwaley(m): 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
aktem:

I know all you will keep mentioning is the chipset. You can only truly rate a phone when you handle the two.You think a phone can be rated based on the only the chipset? Infinix and charging port fault... So xiaomi no dey get any technical fault? Mind you, my last phone was xiaomi and no big deal with the phone, it doesn't even have 2nd hand value in Nigeria, besides.. No repair centre/spare part in Nigeria...... another IGNORAMUS
even not comparing chipset, from the built, infinix note 5 is made up of plastic while xiaomi is metal and plastic ends. and both are of similar prices.
bro infinix just make crappy phones and sell at high prices.
my former phone was infinix note 4, i regret buying the phone.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by Jecyangel(f): 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
aktem:

Is that all??

1 Like

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by MobileGees: 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2018
Gbadebo01:
My 3 Month Redmi note 5 story

I pre-ordered the Redmi note 5 Global version (3 GBx32 GB) in 27th of March 2018 but got delivered in May 2018. I laboured throughout the month of April as I was already tired of using the LG G3. Fast forward to today I have been using the phone for the past 3 months but I have some beautiful things to say and some not so beautiful things to say. So let’s start.

I am in love with shape of the phone, that 2:1 aspect ratio is ‘lit’. People often mistake the phone for an iphone from afar. Most people find it hard to believe the phone costs about between 70k and 80k. I got a few cases from aliexpress and they make the phone extra cool.
To the feel of the phone, the phone feels very light in hand without the pouch, the phone is also slim at 8.1mm it has a velvet feel in hand. The back of the phone is curved around the edges which makes it easy holding the phone for people with small hands. the hybrid sim port frustrated me till i got the sim extended so i have 2 sims and a memory card in the phonegrin

The interface
At first I thought the interface was overrated but thank God I gave it a chance before getting angry and flashing AOSP android Oreo. The phone came preloaded with MIUI 9.5 stable rom which was initially for me very dry as it came with just 2 themes the default and the limitless. I personally prefer the limitless as it makes the interface cleaner. The issue that didn’t sit well with me is the region issue. Before I was able to get some themes and get to change my font at will I had to change my region from NIGERIA to INDIA; that also gave me a wider library of fonts in the built-in theme app.
I have a list of themes I like but let me share my personal favourite, yellow. I have attached some screenshots for your lovely pleasure. The font is San Francisco from iOS. To be continued

What theme are you using?
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by scotweezy(m): 8:35am On Dec 03, 2018
aktem:
You flew from comparing Infinix Note 5 and Redmi Note 4 to comparing the infinix with Redmi Note 5. Who the Bleep does that? undecided
I doubt you understand jack shit about any of the things you're stating on here.
Do yourself some good and check the internet well and stop all these BS.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by drjprince: 10:45am On Dec 03, 2018
Shut up Xiaomi tout you think it is by being recognised worldwide sorry for you.we have something you don't don't ask me what cuz you know that why Xiaomi will Neva be a known brand in Nigeria
nerdfrost:

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by nerdfrost(m): 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2018
drjprince:
Shut up Xiaomi tout you think it is by being recognised worldwide sorry for you.we have something you don't don't ask me what cuz you know that why Xiaomi will Neva be a known brand in Nigeria

grin grin pained tecno marketer spotted

1 Like

Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by drjprince: 4:58pm On Dec 05, 2018
How am I pained? Am not even a marketer so what's your stress
nerdfrost:

grin grin pained tecno marketer spotted
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by aktem(m): 4:18am On Jan 05, 2019
scotweezy:

You flew from comparing Infinix Note 5 and Redmi Note 4 to comparing the infinix with Redmi Note 5. Who the Bleep does that? undecided
I doubt you understand jack shit about any of the things you're stating on here.
Do yourself some good and check the internet well and stop all these BS.
All i see is a xiaomi fan overhyping redmi note 5..why cant i compare? I think you are the one that should check the internet well.
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by Cassie74: 6:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Now I know y we are where we are....a lot of people without shame LOVE to argue blindly... without facts too. We go all dey alright last last!
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by Gptech(m): 7:01am On Jan 05, 2019
Cassie74:
Now I know y we are where we are....a lot of people without shame LOVE to argue blindly... without facts too. We go all dey alright last last!
Madam af vex grin.
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by 2horsePOWER(m): 9:01am On Jan 05, 2019
Gbadebo01, How's the LG G3? How powerful is the phone because I'm thinking on getting one
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by scotweezy(m): 10:08am On Jan 05, 2019
aktem:
All i see is a xiaomi fan overhyping redmi note 5..why cant i compare? I think you are the one that should check the internet well.
Choi! shocked More than a month should have been enough for you to do proper check na. Me and you no dey this unneeded argument again. Enjoy your comparison alone! Leave my mention! undecided
Re: My 3 Month Redmi Note 5 Story by davolas(m): 10:13am On Jan 05, 2019
Redmi note 5 Tempared glass for sale call or WhatsApp 08023102985

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung A50 For...give away price / Glo's New Voice Message (Glo Users Glo With Pride!) / How To Chat With Etisalat Customer Care Online To Resolve Your Queries Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.