Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

APC Has Eroded Democratic Gains, Fayose Alleges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Has Eroded Democratic Gains, Fayose Alleges (305 Views)

Landmark: The Ocean Would Have Eroded The Beach Without Eko Atlantic - Dr Toks / Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party / APC Has Eroded Democratic Gains, Fayose Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1)

APC Has Eroded Democratic Gains, Fayose Alleges by zinosleek(m): 12:28am On Aug 14, 2018
GOVERNOR of Ekiti State Ayodele Fayose has said that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has allegedly rubbished the democratic gains Nigeria had made when it came to power in 2015.

Governor Fayose, who spoke at a meeting with Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) aspirants for the coming national and state House of Assembly elections, reiterated his allegation that the APC stole the people’s mandate in the last governorship election in the state and that they would reclaim it in the electoral tribunal.

Fayose said God would intervene in the political and leadership affairs of Nigeria, saying the nation was on the precipice and can tilt over.

He said it was appalling that the ruling APC had allegedly “eroded all democratic gains it inherited when it came to power in 2015,” saying “the level of desperation, intimidation and harassment being meted out to the opposition by the APC” was “disheartening and dangerous to democracy.”

Fayose said: “I just want to let Nigerians know that divine intervention is what they should be praying for as far as the situation in the country is concerned. And I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

For instance, the removal of Lawal Daura, the erstwhile boss of the Department of State Service (DSS) is a finger of God intervening in Nigeria’s matter.

“We are currently in a state of mess because there is an ongoing unprecedented level of desperation and intimidation.

Opposition figures are harassed on daily basis, hounded into jail. Accounts of state government are frozen for no reason. The events unfolding in Benue State. We must pray hard for divine intervention; God would need to prove that he is still in charge.

The governor called on the PDP aspirants and PDP supporters not to give up, urging them to muster courage in the face of tumbling political situations.

On the matter before the tribunal, Fayose said: “We will reclaim our mandate – no going back on it. Let me assure you that my destiny is your hands and I will continue to be committed to this cause until you retrieve your mandate.

The Journey of life is beyond today, let’s hope to see tomorrow. I believe God will return this mandate.

“I appreciate your courage and determination. Life is full of challenges and gives opportunities. Certain things happen for you to know who your real friends are. It gives you the stamina to carry on also. Ekiti people and even your detractors will celebrate you.”

Source: http://www.naijadazz.com/apc-has-eroded-democratic-gains-fayose-alleges/
Re: APC Has Eroded Democratic Gains, Fayose Alleges by Mynd44: 6:18am On Aug 14, 2018

(1)

Nass Reconvening: Apc Accuses Saraki Of Committing Treason / Edo-BEST Transforming Education Sector - Obaseki / I Make Extra Sacrifice To Keep My Seat- Maduagwu, Only Female Speaker In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.