Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party (1147 Views)

Landmark: The Ocean Would Have Eroded The Beach Without Eko Atlantic - Dr Toks / 2019: Non-indigenes Leave Kano Ahead Of Polls / APC Has Eroded Democratic Gains, Fayose Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by OddsDoc(f): 9:23pm On Mar 09, 2023
The Labour Party has said the recent conduct of the Independent National Electoral Commission has done incalculable damage to the trust Nigerians once had in the commission’s promise to let the people’s vote count.

National Chairman of the party, Comrade Julious Abure, said this in an interview in Abuja, on Thursday.

He explained that he was one of those who at various forums expressed implicit confidence in the ability of the Prof. Mahmood Yakubu-led INEC to deliver based on his repeated assurances that the commission would adhere strictly to its rules and the tamper proof BVAS technology.

According to Abure, INEC not only failed to deliver but had through its subsequent actions shown that it cannot be trusted.

The LP Chairman expressed misgivings over INEC’s various applications to court, reliefs sort and the postponement of the Governorship and State Assembly elections earlier scheduled for Saturday, March 11, 2023.

Abure said, “…Our major concern is that aspect (of the Appeal Court ruling) which granted INEC the opportunity not to allow us to inspect the BVAS. Our concern really stems from the fact that INEC these days is it to be trusted.

“INEC will make a promise from one side of the mouth and then swallow their vomit from the other.

“Recall that in 2019, INEC promised that it had a server only for those servers not to be available when litigants wanted to inspect the server that they claimed they had.

“INEC had gone out of their way to assure and reassure Nigerians again and again that election results will be uploaded from polling units to their server and that people are going to view these results from their server but you could see that when it was time for people to start uploading the results, INEC said it had a technical glitch even when they had explained to Nigerians that they had backup that will roll off into work immediately when the main server had a technical issue.

“All of these brings us to the point that even though INEC had assured us and the courts they in their counter affidavits to say that the records in the BVAS will be saved in their backend server we have our doubts because this is not the first time INEC will be telling us that they have a server, they will upload to their server and so on and so forth.

“But the Court in their wisdom has given them privilege and you can see, immediately they got that judgement yesterday, they shifted the elections.

“If they knew they were going to postpone the governorship election for a week why did they go to court to go and vary the order given to us to inspect materials?

“There was absolutely no need for it because one of the reasons they gave to the court was that if they allowed us to inspect the BVAS it would affect the timeline for the election but surprisingly, after getting the court to grant them the request to reconfigure the BVAS they immediately shifted the election.

“One had a lot of doubts about the patriotism, commitment, truthfulness and integrity of this INEC to do what it right.

“The way and manner they conducted the last election has completely destroyed the confidence which I had in INEC. Let’s see what stories they will come up with tomorrow.

“Tomorrow is here it’s not far. Since the court gave the order for INEC to allow
is inspect materials, INEC has not allowed us.

“We’ve not be able to inspect, our lawyers have been going there everyday, our technical experts have been going there on daily basis and we have not been allowed access.

“At times you begin to wonder whether this INEC is working for Nigerians or some persons somewhere.

“I’ll be sincere with you, if INEC says they are going to Lagos, I will go and look for them in Sokoto. We are ready for the elections it it INEC is a law unto itself.”

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by madridguy(m): 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
Andrew liver salt party, una dey go soon break. By that time our cyber space will rest for a while.

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
INEC has been and is a BIG DISGRACE.

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by KanwuliaExtra: 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
INEC has eroded the confidence of Nigerians. . .But, Nigerians will prevail!

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by FisifunKododada: 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by Jostoman: 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
Mammoud yakubu and baba of lagos working hand in hand. They know why they brought the of reconfigure of BVAS in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by madridguy(m): 9:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
As two strong men, they have to be working like 5 and 6.

Jostoman:
Mammoud yakubu and baba of lagos working hand in hand.

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 09, 2023
Even if a chicken 🐔 is contesting under LP I will vote for it.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by Adejona(f): 9:28pm On Mar 09, 2023
INEC just disappointed themselves
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by Brendaniel: 9:30pm On Mar 09, 2023
But....

Lagosians have chosen Governor Gbadebo Rhodes- Vivour(MON)
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by heniford2: 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2023
Buhari its the worst president to have governed Nigeria the !d!0tic of a man has nothing to say during my last days in office i did this i did that what a shame.
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by Emmanuella00(f): 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2023
They think they're impressing others?
Well.... there's still hope for Obi
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by Antiurchins: 9:43pm On Mar 09, 2023
tinubu is a thief and doesn’t have mandate of Nigerians. He cannot even beat Kwakwanso in a free and fair election. A man that is not even aware of his surroundings.Paul Biya will never happen to Nigeria. He is president of Yoruba Muslims while Peter Obi remains my president elect
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by tolue42(m): 9:48pm On Mar 09, 2023
Brendaniel:
But....

Abeg u no get work again Since couple of days, thesame sentence up and down

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by Brendaniel: 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2023
tolue42:

Abeg u no get work again Since couple of days, thesame sentence up and down

This election is a very serious one.... That is why....

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by MrBiGGEST(m): 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
Even if a chicken 🐔 is contesting under LP I will vote for it.

smiley
We know , and that's why we sane Nigerians won't let you folks vote chickens into power.😒

2 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by tolue42(m): 10:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

This election is a very serious one.... That is why....

That is why you prefer a non tested person to govern Lagos state? I thought the reason you guys voted for Obi was because of his personality, not actually because you guys love Labor party.

So why can't you apply same to Sanwo Olu

Some countries don't even have a working train, this guy is constructing 2 at the same time..

Be reasonable abeg, don't vote because of emotions or because Obi lost and y'all want to avenge using Sanwo as a scape goat..

How will society grow? Even Aisha Yusuf had to go against Obis governorship choice in Enugu (if I'm not mistaken.). She saw competent in other candidate of another party. That is how to build a functioning society

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by Freshtruth(m): 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
Pls can we write to USA to come and cancel our independence pls the independence na scam pls.
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by Brendaniel: 10:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
tolue42:

That is why you prefer a non tested person to govern Lagos state? I thought the reason you guys voted for Obi was because of his personality, not actually because you guys love Labor party.

So why can't you apply same to Sanwo Olu

Some countries don't even have a working train, this guy is constructing 2 at the same time..

Be reasonable abeg, don't vote because of emotions or because Obi lost and y'all want to avenge using Sanwo as a scape goat..

How will society grow? Even Aisha Yusuf had to go against Obis governorship choice in Enugu (if I'm not mistaken.). She saw competent in other candidate of another party. That is how to build a functioning society

Let me just tell you the truth, most people fighting Sanwo Olu, don't have problem with him, the problem is Tinubu, Sanwo Olu is just caught in the cross fire, The number of people who wants Tinubu's grip off Lagos are more than those who want him to continue, not even Igbos perse, check my posts as far back as 2021, I have always called Sanwo Olu a good man working within the claws of a tiger, I had to study Sanwo-Olu, he has a good heart and is a gentle person with self control but Tinubu would not let him use his goodness to the full capacity.

And looking at it the only way to remove Tinubu's hand is by removing Sanwo Olu, The massive votes against APC in Lagos was not caused by Sanwo Olu, it was Tinubu, and Sanwo Olu is perceiving already that it is a vengeance vote they want to use against him because of Tinubu.

Personally I have no problem with Sanwo Olu because I believe he would have performed better without Tinubu's grip ...
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by tolue42(m): 11:41pm On Mar 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

Let me just tell you the truth, most people fighting Sanwo Olu, don't have problem with him, the problem is Tinubu, Sanwo Olu is just caught in the cross fire, The number of people who wants Tinubu's grip off Lagos are more than those who want him to continue, not even Igbos perse, check my posts as far back as 2021, I have always called Sanwo Olu a good man working within the claws of a tiger, I had to study Sanwo-Olu, he has a good heart and is a gentle person with self control but Tinubu would not let him use his goodness to the full capacity.

And looking at it the only way to remove Tinubu's hand is by removing Sanwo Olu, The massive votes against APC in Lagos was not caused by Sanwo Olu, it was Tinubu, and Sanwo Olu is perceiving already that it is a vengeance vote they want to use against him because of Tinubu.

Personally I have no problem with Sanwo Olu because I believe he would have performed better without Tinubu's grip ...

Still repeating thesame line of words... So to you Tinubu had been defeated in Lagos? Its obvious you guys don't understand politics..... They purposely lose Lagos so you won't see the bigger pictures..

You were all busy celebrating in Lagos while something else was going on between APC and PDP in the North.. APC wanted to win the general election, while Labor was busy with Lagos.. YOU GUYS DONT GET IT

Back to Sanwo, will you in all honesty vote against your conscience because you are fighting against Tinubu

You want to become an evil person because you see Tinubu as evil or a bad person Will your conscience ever let you rest later on?

It's good you admit Sanwo is good.

DONT BE TOO EMOTIONAL!

2 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by jogojogo: 11:57pm On Mar 09, 2023
Hetonestly PDP stand a better chance than lp

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by raskymonojendor: 11:58pm On Mar 09, 2023
INEC has killed the steam.
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by Brendaniel: 8:10am On Mar 10, 2023
tolue42:

Still repeating thesame line of words... So to you Tinubu had been defeated in Lagos? Its obvious you guys don't understand politics..... They purposely lose Lagos so you won't see the bigger pictures..

You were all busy celebrating in Lagos while something else was going on between APC and PDP in the North.. APC wanted to win the general election, while Labor was busy with Lagos.. YOU GUYS DONT GET IT

Back to Sanwo, will you in all honesty vote against your conscience because you are fighting against Tinubu

You want to become an evil person because you see Tinubu as evil or a bad person Will your conscience ever let you rest later on?

It's good you admit Sanwo is good.

DONT BE TOO EMOTIONAL!

Tinubu lost Lagos with a very wide margin to Obi, not that nonsense result INEC published, you think if he did not Sanwo Olu will be as scared as this, they have the original result and they know, back to the conscience voting, if you are a good man and working for a bad man, you will do bad things, that is the case if Sanwo Olu, that is why even good soldiers die fighting for bad presidents.

So our conscience is very clear because we are doing the right thing ....
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by tolue42(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2023
Brendaniel:

Tinubu lost Lagos with a very wide margin to Obi, not that nonsense result INEC published, you think if he did not Sanwo Olu will be as scared as this, they have the original result and they know, back to the conscience voting, if you are a good man and working for a bad man, you will do bad things, that is the case if Sanwo Olu, that is why even good soldiers die fighting for bad presidents.

So our conscience is very clear because we are doing the right thing ....

As you wishes ooo...most christians who voted against Muslim Muslim ticket won't do that against Sanwo..so your permutations won't work...
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by Brendaniel: 9:07am On Mar 10, 2023
tolue42:

As you wishes ooo...most christians who voted against Muslim Muslim ticket won't do that against Sanwo..so your permutations won't work...

If the governorship election held immediately after the presidential, it may have been so as you said, but I'm really happy it has been postponed, personally I didn't have time to campaign for GRV because of Peter Obi, and I know same thing happened to a lot of people, now there is time to help him campaign with vigour.

Also people are getting more information about the presidential election which is making them hate Tinubu more, this is now a combination of revenge and to see power change hands in Lagos, plus Tinubu's touts are not helping matters, the more they brag about Tinubu's victory and threaten Lagosians and the burning of markets, the more people will want to Vote against him, infact any negative news from Lagos will affect Sanwo Olu badly, I didn't plan campaigning for GRV, but I have said from now till the day of election, I will spend my time and resources campaigning for him and I know others are doing the same, that is why you can see his popularity has overgrown Jandor's own and We are still working.

Even Seun of Nairaland is campaigning for him... My prayer is for GRV to win for Tinubu's grip to leave Lagos, if GRV does not perform in 4 years. We will vote him out.
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by tolue42(m): 10:56am On Mar 10, 2023
Brendaniel:

If the governorship election held immediately after the presidential, it may have been so as you said, but I'm really happy it has been postponed, personally I didn't have time to campaign for GRV because of Peter Obi, and I know same thing happened to a lot of people, now there is time to help him campaign with vigour.

Also people are getting more information about the presidential election which is making them hate Tinubu more, this is now a combination of revenge and to see power change hands in Lagos, plus Tinubu's touts are not helping matters, the more they brag about Tinubu's victory and threaten Lagosians and the burning of markets, the more people will want to Vote against him, infact any negative news from Lagos will affect Sanwo Olu badly, I didn't plan campaigning for GRV, but I have said from now till the day of election, I will spend my time and resources campaigning for him and I know others are doing the same, that is why you can see his popularity has overgrown Jandor's own and We are still working.

Even Seun of Nairaland is campaigning for him... My prayer is for GRV to win for Tinubu's grip to leave Lagos, if GRV does not perform in 4 years. We will vote him out.

When you wake up let me know oooo...
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by KanwuliaExtra: 10:59am On Mar 10, 2023
That is the plan. . .
MAN YOUR POLLING UNITS. . . DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL COPIES OF TRUELY COLLATED RESULTS THAT WILL ALWAYS MATCH THE BVAS. . . Like with the fake presidential elecions.
Shame INEC always.
They can only run. . . but can never hide THE TRUTH.

I say: WE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!! grin

Winners NEVER quit!
Re: Postponement Of Polls: INEC Has Eroded Our Confidence – Labour Party by Brendaniel: 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2023
tolue42:

When you wake up let me know oooo...

Oga, I am fully awake and that is why....

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Is Ingrate For Not Appreciating The Pastors' Election Sup / Are South West Nigerians Gullible People? / Nigerian Breweries Announces Hike In Price Of Beers Amid Economic Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.