Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Akpabio: If I Resign, Saraki, Others Should Do So - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio: If I Resign, Saraki, Others Should Do So (389 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu's Son, Lloyd Weds Tiffany, Peter Obi, Saraki, Others Attend / Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua / Chris Ekpenyong: I Will Expose Akpabio If He Dares Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akpabio: If I Resign, Saraki, Others Should Do So by Sparkben: 11:44am On Aug 14, 2018
Sen. Godswill Akpabio (APC-Akwa Ibom) said any move to declare his seat vacant in the Senate will prove abortive as it would trigger a domino effect.

Akpabio, who is a lawyer, made this known in an interview with newsmen in Abuja on Monday.

He said though he has not heard about it, if his seat must be declared vacant, the seats of those, who defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), should also be declared vacant. Senate President Bukola Saraki led a dozen senators of the APC to join the PDP in July.

According to him, if the excuse of those calling for his seat to be declared vacant is that there is no rancour in PDP to warrant his defection, they should also know there is no rancour in APC.

Read more: https://www.thevicknews.com/2018/08/akpabio-if-i-resign-saraki-others.html

Re: Akpabio: If I Resign, Saraki, Others Should Do So by Jaytee1985: 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
Better
Re: Akpabio: If I Resign, Saraki, Others Should Do So by uwa1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2018
Sparkben:
Sen. Godswill Akpabio (APC-Akwa Ibom) said any move to declare his seat vacant in the Senate will prove abortive as it would trigger a domino effect.

Akpabio, who is a lawyer, made this known in an interview with newsmen in Abuja on Monday.

He said though he has not heard about it, if his seat must be declared vacant, the seats of those, who defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), should also be declared vacant. Senate President Bukola Saraki led a dozen senators of the APC to join the PDP in July.

According to him, if the excuse of those calling for his seat to be declared vacant is that there is no rancour in PDP to warrant his defection, they should also know there is no rancour in APC.

Read more: https://www.thevicknews.com/2018/08/akpabio-if-i-resign-saraki-others.html

Don't think this will hold... its just another rumour..

(1) (Reply)

No Foreign Nation Pressuring Buhari Not To Run In 2019 - Presidency / SIFAX To Build, Operate Multi-million Dollar Dry Port In Gambia / 2019: Labour Party Explains Why It Endorsed Buhari For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.